Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on February 2, 2014
Based on the reviews I thought I would give this a try, pretty inexpensive for a large reflector. I used it alongside a more expensive set (Westcott Photo Basics), and although the difference in quality is evident (the more expensive reflector feels more durable), they both do the exact same thing. I am sure mine will not last as long, but for as often as I will be using it I will probably have it a long time.
on February 17, 2013
If you are in the need of a reflector, this does the job! 5-in-1, I typically just use the white/translucent one itself. Folds up nice and small and fits right in my camera bag.
on December 5, 2013
I received my item in time and in great packaging. the material used in this item is cheaply made, but If you're the type of person who takes care of your items you shouldn't have a problem. the zipper tends to get caught on the material a lot, but again if your gentle, this item can last you a few years.
22 comments9 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 2, 2013
Good buit and very portable, this product is making my pictures even better. It was a great addition to my gear.
on February 9, 2014
Perfect for quick out doors shooting. Didnt expect it to be so big but I am glad it is. Purchase it
on August 26, 2013
I just received my disc reflector they are great! The quality is great and they are really big. Grate option to buy !
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon July 19, 2015
Picked this up to hold the Impact 5x7 foot backdrop.

For that, it actually works well. Has a decent amount of opening to grip the backdrop (should have no problems with reflectors since most are smaller). Attached to the top of a lightstand (note: there is no 1/4" or 3/8" screw, so it won't work on a tripod).

Does NOT swivel (meant to hold it with the opening on the bottom, so you can't angle a reflector), not a problem for me.

I found it works best/easiest to attach the clip to the reflector/backdrop FIRST and then attach it to the lightstand.

Quality is a bit iffy. Uses a firm plastic for the top piece, metal barrel for to attach to the lightstand and has a metal screw with a plastic handle.
First issue, is you need to almost ENTIRELY unscrew the handle to attach it to a lightstand. Every time, the screw fell to the ground. If on location, you can easily lose the screw. Other issue (based on experience with these same screws on other photo equipment) is that once you reach a certain point, the metal screw will actually tear through the plastic handle. Don't over-tighten as it can destroy the screw handle also making it useless.

With that said, it works and it works alright.

Keep in mind this only grips the TOP of the reflector/backdrop. If wind hits it, it will still swing around (I recommend sandbagging a lightstad and possibly also have someone stand behind it to stabilize the backdrop/reflector to keep it from swaying.

Overall, happy with it but not perfect
on April 29, 2012
These do a great job outside, although I haven't really tried them inside, yet. Also have only used the silver reflector, but it makes a big difference when light is limited. Work great for an amateur/beginner in using extra equipment. Nice middle of the road size, too.
on November 5, 2015
This item broke on me the first day I used it. Not very happy because it's a big tool I need in my photography. Are they able to be returned for a new one?
review image
on May 21, 2015
What you see is what you get with this item. It looks exactly as in the products photos.

Initially, when I first opened and inspected the item, I was concerned the wider edge on my 5-in-1 reflector would be too bulky for the clip to properly grip it. The clip does its job just fine and is holding onto my reflector. I did take it outside in the wind to really test it and the reflector stayed on well, the stand did keep blowing over though. I'm sure if I sand bagged the stand it would have stayed up as well, but that's my fault.

As has been mentioned in previous reviews, the seams along the plastic show easily, and the plastic is not of the best quality. In the end, it not tasked with a heavy workload, so it should hold up just fine. One thing to note, the clip does not angle at all and stays at 90 degrees, so if you are wanting it to do that, you may be in the market for something else.