Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Learn more

on November 21, 2014
I am an amateur photographer and needed a basic light kit to take yearbook photos for our homeschooling co-op. I borrowed a paper backdrop and backdrop stand from a friend and used this lighting kit. I faced the backdrop towards a window where diffused natural light was coming in. I changed the white balance settings on my Sony DSLR to compensate for the blue lighting in the flourescent light bulbs. I, as well as the staff in my homeschooling co-op were blown away by the difference these lights made on the photos. I would recommend this to anyone. What a great Christmas gift!!! Be sure to check out the you tube videos reviewing this product. They are very helpful.
I am very impressed with how this product is made. Exceeded my expectations. The carrying case works perfectly.
I hope you'll check out the yearbook pictures I took with this lighting kit.
review image review image review image review image
77 comments|392 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 14, 2013
My thoughts:

- Items arrived beautifully packaged with care

- Everything seems to be of high quality

- You get a carrying case (bag) and two plastic sleeves for the umbrellas

- The light bulbs are very bright and very white

- Absolutely perfect for someone that does YouTube videos

- For $40 this is an absolute steal!

- To the professional photographers complaining about these lights: If you guys are such serious photographers why are you spending $40 on your studio lights?
33 comments|327 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2015
I've had these lights for about a week now, and I have to say that I am very, very impressed at the quality of these for the low price! Of course there are better options out there, but for somebody who is looking for a low-budget option, this is exactly what you should buy!

I recently started a beauty channel on YouTube and was looking for a lighting setup that would help illuminate my indoor filming area. And these three lights definitely do the trick! I did also buy a separate light that attaches to the top of the camera as well, to help further light up my face specifically, but that is just a personal preference...certainly not a necessity! You could easily use these lights alone to film videos, even in a fairly dark room.

Excuse my pajamas, messy hair, and complete lack of makeup (I didn't realize I'd want to share these with anybody!), but the picture attached is a good example of how great these lights really work. That photo was taken in a room that has lots of windows, but it was 8:30 at night and pitch dark outside as you can see, and there was no other lighting being used in the room besides this system. Pretty good, right?!!
review image
44 comments|102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 13, 2015
Sure, for this price you won't get some heavy duty, professional grade stands. However, I found this to be a great set that works out just fine for my amateur photography. The stands were strong enough to stand up to a 2 year old twirling into them repeatedly, and they did not fall over. The light was just right - not too harsh, but not too dim. These photos were shot with the light kit set up (key light, fill light, hair/highlight light) and an overhead light on in the room. That's it. It was near a window, however the day I shot these photos it was dark and gray and pouring down buckets of rain, so natural light wasn't really a factor at all for these shots. All of the pieces fit perfectly in the carrying case, and the whole system was easy to assemble and take apart to transport to and from the photo shoot site (my client's house). It's also very lightweight, and despite the fact that I have problems with my back I had no trouble at all carrying all of my equipment around. I highly recommend purchasing this system. You won't be disappointed. It's an excellent entry level light kit, and a fantastic bargain - I would be happy with it if I had paid twice as much, I like it that much.
review image review image review image review image
11 comment|100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 19, 2015
I do YouTube videos , let me be the first to say - these lights are amazing for lighting . You will not be disappointed . In order to get a white background , I place on light behind me (sitting in front of a white wall ). Then I place another one in front of me behind the camera . When I am filming a makeup tutorial , I use the third light on the side of me , and my video is super crisp .
on August 2, 2012
I'm very happy with the kit! I was at first very skeptical, also make sure to read what you are all getting, I did assume there would be 3 umbrellas but there are only 2. Super easy to set up and also fit in the bag nicely. I kept the packaging the bulbs came in and just repack them each time I put everything back in the carrying bag to keep them safe. I had read another review about how well it was packed for shipping and I agree, everything came safe and sound. Cords are good lengths. everything seems very durable ESPECIALLY for the price, I would probably pay double if I would've known the quality!
22 comments|238 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 16, 2014
I love it!!
review image
11 comment|90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 20, 2013
I purchased a similar three-stand lighting kit from Cowboy Studios on Amazon earlier this year, that also featured three stands, two umbrellas, sockets, bulbs and, importantly, a carrying case. That kit worked out fine, but I needed a second kit, so thinking the LimoStudio kit looked nearly identical, and was about $10 cheaper, I decided to take a chance and purchase the kit.

The kit arrived, in workable condition, though it was immediately apparent that, while similar in profile and build quality, it was of different manufacture than the Cowboy Studios kit. The adjustment on the Limo-studio stands tighten via knob versus a simple folding clamp on the Cowboy Studios. This requires extra time to make height changes and also means having to double check the tightness to make sure the knobs are tight enough to hold the light.

Second, the shorter edge/rim/back light only comes up to about waist height. The Cowboy Studios version, while not as tall as the two fill and key light stands, does actually extend to nearly 5.5-6 feet tall.

The included "day light" balanced bulbs read REALLY blue, and take a bit more time warm up to their full brightness, and even then are a touch dim.

There is a second depressible fin on the side of the LimoStudio umbrellas pole towards it's base that serves no real purpose other than to make it harder to insert and remove the umbrella from the light socket guides. The Cowboy Studio version has a smooth stem.

The one slight advantage of the LimoStudio version is that the tops of the stands have male camera screw mounts, so that you can directly attach certain items in a pinch (small cameras, an H1 microphone, hot-shoe adapters, Neewer LED light panel, etc...)

The main drawback of this "kit" however, is the fact that the contents don't actually fit in the included carrying case. The stands don't even fit properly, even when taken out of the boxes. When I contacted their customer service, they informed me that the case was not meant to hold the entire kit, just the stands and the umbrellas OR the sockets, and that the bulbs were meant to be carried separately because they were "too fragile." Moot points all, as nothing fits well in the case period. But really, what is the point of sending a carry case for a kit, if the kit doesn't fit in the carrying case?!

In the future, I would advise people to spend the extra $10 and go for the Cowboy Studios kit, which is a bit more functional and certainly better thought out.
2323 comments|384 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 14, 2015
Not professional grade but works great for simple portrait lighting. Plan to purchase higher wattage bulbs. Fortunately the lamps are just medium screw in bases, so you can find bulbs of various wattages at most home improvement stores.

They don't weigh much and are easy to set-up and take down. I usually just take out the umbrellas, fold the legs and stand them all against a wall in the corner of the room I usually shoot in. It just takes a moment to grab them and set them up.

Consider adding a set of the silver reflective umbrellas as well. No need to buy a new set of stands.

If you are new to photography, read up on three point lighting and get creative. There is no real way to add a barn-door to the lamps, but you can always tape or clip some black painted cardboard or construction paper to direct or block the light from where you don't want it.
on September 28, 2012
I ordered this after going through all the reviews and I must say I am glad I did. Especially for the price, this is a great starter kit. Everything was well packaged and in working condition. With care - this can last a long time. Highly recommended for someone with limited budget.