5.0 out of 5 stars These are huge and effective.
Published 8 months ago by A. Langston

2.0 out of 5 stars One of the 4 lightbulbs stopped working in less than a month
All the light bulbs. Were put in the same condition. However one of the four light bulbs stopped working in less then a month. Three of the four lightbulbs are still working. The color temperature is good at around 6500 K.
Published 17 months ago by Questions

2.0 out of 5 stars One of the 4 lightbulbs stopped working in less than a month, July 5, 2013
This review is from: LimoStudio Full Spectrum Lighting Bulb 85W Photography Photo CFL 6500K, 4 Bulbs, daylight pure white, AGG120 (Tools & Home Improvement)

2.0 out of 5 stars The bulb base is too big to fit into LimoStudio light., August 11, 2013
Andre "Andre" (New York City, NY) - See all my reviews
I have bough Limo Studio 85 watt 4 bulbs and ALZO 85 watt 4 bulbs so I can replace the original 45 watt bulbs in my LimoStudio light kit (3 light with 4 fixtures in each light and each light has 3A fuse on it). The light has greenish accent - not so good for color and the bulb base is too big to feet into LimoStudio light. Bought ALZO 85 watt CFL 5500K and very happy with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are huge and effective., March 5, 2014
A. Langston (California, USA.) - See all my reviews
If you want to see these bulbs in action in real life you can go to the Google owned video sharing website and look up video hlVzPJmekXQ . There you will see me, a dark skinned female standing in the shade on a balcony showcasing flower arrangements. I am using a logitech web camera that was $70.00 here on Amazon. The only reason you can see my features is because I have these bulbs in the soft boxes around me. The only reason you can see the flowers well is because I have these bulbs in the soft box above me. To see my soft box set up and how I used the bulbs you can look up the video DloCd1esVh0 on that same Google owned video sharing site.

I am not a professional photographer and I did not realize how very, very large these bulbs are. Each bulb is as long as my forearm and wider around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for photography! Used this to light up my closet!, December 16, 2013
I'm not into photography, but hated the lighting in my walk in closet. I could never see the true colors of what I was picking out to wear, so I decided to give these a try. I'm happy I did. They are bright but don't create the heat a regular bulb would create for the equivalent amount of light. I was very surprised to see the huge size of the bulb, but it doesn't matter for my purposes. I got what I wanted! I was a little worried about getting light bulbs shipped, but knowing Amazon, I took the risk. They were packed VERY well. Also, by ordering the 4-pack, the price per bulb wasn't so bad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, March 22, 2013
I've used the lights just once, but they produce great quality. Some of that may be that I've always used 5600k CFL in the past.

4.0 out of 5 stars These bulbs are BIG!, August 6, 2012
The bulbs were well packed and arrived in perfect condition. They take about 5 minutes to reach full brightness and their color temperature complements daylight. Used with inexpensive stands and reflectors, they can replace expensive strobes for a lot of portrait work, effectively allowing the modeling light to become the actual lighting source.

5.0 out of 5 stars Full Spectrum 85W Daylight Growlight CFL Bulbs, August 20, 2012
These LimoStudio Full Spectrum Lighting Bulb 85W Photography Photo CFL 6500K, 4 Bulbs, daylight pure white, AGG120 are great! I use them as grow lights for orchids.
I grow my orchids from seed, I use these bulbs in a 3:1 ratio, meaning I use 3 of these 6500K bulbs to 1 2700k bulb, this works 3 times better than 5500K bulbs for me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brighter (but bigger!) than Cowboy Studio 85 Watt, August 24, 2014
I bought these bulbs to go in an overhead light fixture when I purchased my Cowboystudio 1200 Watt (4, 85 Watt bulbs) continuous lighting kit. However, these were so much brighter than the kit 85 Watt bulbs I ended up swapping them out--a major improvement!! These bulbs were significantly bigger than the originals but fit fine in the lamp heads. Another reason I went with the slightly more expensive LimoStudio bulbs was that a very high percentage of customers had problems with bad or short-lived bulbs of the Cowboy Studio brand. I have not used these long enough to comment on longevity, but so far so good.

One side note--despite having to swap out the bulbs, I do like the Cowboy Studio stands. They are of mediocre quality for the price but have quick-release toggles for the vertical shafts (unlike LimoStudio kits from what I have read). For the number of times I will set these up and take them down, I can't imagine screw-tightening two shafts on each stand every time. With a little caution (and strictly indoors use), the Cowboy stands should last for years.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good first impression, April 23, 2012
I have always had longevity issues with CFL lights so I will come back and revise these to a higher rating after they can prove that they last. So far, these bulbs are very bright and the color seems to be as stated. My first impression is "wow" seeing how bright they are. Also, I need to make some DIY reflectors after seeing how big they are. If you use a large soft box it should be fine. Be warned that these are about 10" long not including the screw-in part, so I suspect some lamps are not designed to cover the full length of this bulb.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bright, but not as bright as standard, October 30, 2013
These suckers are bright, way brighter than anything you can easily buy at a store. They should be too as they are huge. While the product is bright, I still feel the standard bulbs in our Westcott kit where brighter. These are way more durable than the filament in the standard Westcott kit.

The package they come in is nice and seems to do a great job of protecting the bulbs.