Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now DOTD

on June 15, 2010
I have been using this machine about eight months now, this is the best there is,every time i used this machine i say to my self this unit is under advertise, it works better than the manual said, I should have listed to my friends long time ago and buy Lincoln welders i bought two cheep ones before one caught fire the other still works but to week for most jobs,i now own a 225 stick welder & a Sp-140t Mig both Lincoln i used them almost every day there very dependable.
VINE VOICEon July 8, 2010
I have had a Lincoln Mig Welder for about 5 years now and it works perfectly. I've used up about a dozen or more rolls of welding wire and never had a single problem. I have welded some really bad metal (dirty, oily, rebar, etc) and it still did a great job. I have also talked to a few other people with Lincoln welders and they say the same thing, works great and no problems. Don't buy one of those off-brand welders and expect it to weld properly or last, spend a couple dollars more and buy one that will do the job. This is one tool that has more than paid for itself.
on May 22, 2012
I've been using my Lincoln SP140T welder for about 2 months and it's been a great home workshop machine. It's rated for welding up to 5/16" thick plate but I think it would easily handle 3/8" and maybe a bit more. The gun and wire feed works fine but, if you're going to weld aluminum do get the Magnum 100SG gun that Lincoln recomends. The face shield that comes with the kit does work but it's no match for a good welding helmet. If you don't have an auto darkening helmet do considering getting one, they are the way to go !
on August 17, 2012
I have had great success using this welder for projects, one being gates for my house, and a resetable plate machine for shooting. I will be building a couple more wrought iron gates again this summer. The more I use this unit the better I have become, in my welding. The first project was a cart to hold my welding equipment and the argon bottle. I have found this unit very useful, and glade I purchased it.
on January 2, 2015
I have owned this welder for six years and have probably accumulated no more than 30-45 minutes of total use under load with 6-8 hours of total powered time. I was very happy with the welder's performance until the wire feed speed control stopped working, resulting in wire feeding at the full rated speed of the motor regardless of the setting on the control panel. This made the machine immediately unusable. I contacted Lincoln, who suggested that a transistor had failed. They were helpful in providing schematics and a parts list for the control board. The control board is unfortunately encased in silicone, which will have to be peeled away for access to the components. I was able to order all 11 transistors for $10, and will attempt to repair the control board. If this does not work, it appears that I can purchase the entire board for about $185. I have used the machine well within its specifications, and am disappointed that it has let me down and will require a significant investment of time and/or money to repair. I have of course needed it several times since it failed, so I look forward to having it back in service. I have always liked Lincoln, but would have been more impressed by an offer to replace the control board considering the minimal use of the machine. It was out of warranty, however, so I understand that they are not required to take any additional action. I was thankful that they were willing to provide the schematics to me. I have a 185 TIG welder that is an excellent product, and am overall happy with Lincoln - just a bit disappointed in this MIG welder.
11 comment2 of 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse