5.0 out of 5 stars Best Leslie simulation I've heard!, February 10, 2012
This review is from: Line 6 Roto Machine (Electronics)
I was amazed at how accurate this pedal reprodueces the sound of a real Leslie. It has become a permanant part of my pedalboard. I highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hammond like sound for little $$$, October 8, 2012
This review is from: Line 6 Roto Machine (Electronics)
I play keyboard in a band and at church, and have an inexpensive Yamaha DGX220 which has nice sound, but it was sorely missing any leslie speaker type sound on the organ voices. I don't have a huge budget for musical instruments. A true leslie speaker starts at about $1,000 used and 2-3,000 new. Leslie simulators that I have seen mostly range around $250-$400, which is much more than I paid for the used DGX220. (There are a few that cost less than the Roto Machine, but they had terrible reviews.

I didn't know about the Line 6 Roto Machine until I saw one on Craigslist and researched it...the item was sold by the time I tried to bid, but I found one used on Amazaon and bought it. Unfortunately, this is a discontinued item, but I have been very happy with the purchase. You can go into bypass mode to allow other keyboard voices to come through, or if you need the leslie speaker sound, you can push the footpedal hard to switch the box on, then soft taps will move you from fast tremolo to slow. There are different settings you can adjust to make the sound cleaner or dirtier, the speed to cycle from fast to slow, and the speed of the fast and slow tremolo.

While it is not turning my DGX220 into a B3, it definitely fills the hole that was present in my voices and adds a lot to jams. Some of the organ drawbar type voices on the DGX200 have come to life and I have a much broader choice when using this keyboard. I also play electric guitar and look forward to playing around with it along with my electric.

Advice: I read other reviews about the battery life and all recommend getting a DC adapter for this. The power requirements are specialized and the user manual recommends a Danelectro DC 1 adapter, which I got for under $15 including shipping on-line. I would recommend that as well, especially if you want this box to last through a gig.

I am glad to have it in my bag and it is a welcome addition that delivered what was promised.

4.0 out of 5 stars Leslie in a pedal, May 27, 2012
This review is from: Line 6 Roto Machine (Electronics)
I have read reviews in the passed for this pedal "roto-machine" and they didnt think that it was that great.. but I purchased it and found it to be quite good..one has only to take time to set it up properly..I have used it thru a Marshall and direct to sound system... both sound very good even getting positive comments from others.. in the passed I have played thru and used a real full sized leslie cab,, so I know what they can sound like.. this "roto-machine"captures the sound quite well...I am 61 years old and have been playing guitar since I was 12..

Line 6 Roto Machine