Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

on October 6, 2011
I made a mistake buying the Line 6 MIDI Mobilizer, I should have bought the Line 6 MIDI Mobilizer2. The difference being, the Line 6 MIDI Mobilizer2 supports core midi on the IOS devices.
on November 9, 2010
Plugged-in it worked right out the package. Very cool to finally use a kybd with iphone app too.
I'd give it 5 stars.......but for one omission in the design - a big one imo.;
as I worked on file I wondered how the iphone battery was doing. The app I use is rather hard on power. That's when it occurred to me that there's no way to run this device except on battery power. It uses the same port. Never thought of that before.
One may think that an hour or so is plenty, but that aspect still needs to be noted here I think.
Not sure why line6 didn't add a usb port for power at bottom of device. Or power jack. Maybe they were concerned about hanging too much weight off the bottom of iphone/pad/pod? Whatever the reason, charge-up good before starting a bigger project. Or wait for the snythstation25 product. I believe that one has power at the docking jack. Apps will start appearing for it in the next couple months I've read.
Other than that, again, very cool.
Cheers.
on April 16, 2011
Feels like a rushed to market product. Doesn't work with existing apps that support midi out. Has it's own proprietary api. If all you want to do is use the Line 6 Midi Memo app it works just fine. But try to use any of the existing apps on itunes that function as midi control surfaces i.e. Sound Prism it fails. The connector is also too long for the iPad and it'll leave you wondering if it's connected properly.

Save your money and buy the camera connection kit and a usb/midi cable.
on February 12, 2013
small but mighty. it works. it resides in my backpack, and now my iphone is my backup soundsource when i go to a gig. my friends are amazed. thank you line6. thank you apple. thank you ikmultimedia too (for sample tank software.) thank you moog music (for animoog software.) look into an app called midibridge, to use in conjunction with this, though it may not be necessary for your particular needs. it bridges between various interfaces and apps. it is very useful and almost invisible; but when you need it, it's there.
on July 15, 2012
Maybe I'm a dinosaur, but this thing works perfectly to save sys ex. I have two identical keyboards, one that I use on stage, and one at home. I'm able to program my unit at home, save the sys ex to my iphone, and then load it onto my stage rig. This saves time and simplifies my life. In fact, I'm buying another one so I don't have to transport it back and forth.

Do not buy this to use your iphone as a musical instrument. In my experience, the delay is too long to make it of any practical value. I tried using it as a sequencer with Music Studio software and it is just absurdly slow.

However, for storing sequences and sys ex. It works great.
on July 11, 2011
The device as shipped worked - briefly. Seconds. The application wanted to update the firmware; I said OK; and that was the last of it. Multiple iPhones and iPads, and the Midi Mobilizer software acts like the device is not there.

Support from the manufacturer is poor. Hard to find for *this* product (compared to their more expensive products); and there is no RMA form. Bottom line: a total absolute write-off.
on March 30, 2012
Amazon no longer shows the "There's a newer version of this item" dialog so I bought this one and it won't work with Core midi apps. (Garage Band, Animoog, etc) So it's completely useless. I'm buying the IK Multimedia iRig that supports core midi, has a midi thru, and a usb charge port. DONT BUY!!
VINE VOICEon November 15, 2010
I was really looking forward to this when I ordered it, but it is not as impressive as I had hoped.

As has been pointed about by another reviewer, power is a problem.

It really needs a micro-usb jack to allow you to provide an external power source. Of course, if you have that connector on it, there are other interesting functionalities you could add.

The manufacturer needs to really work hard to encourage software developers to add support for this device. I think a program of developer support, including an SDK, and a free device, made available to anyone with a music related app on the app store would be a good start. Established developers with a music app in development should also be seeded.

Other than that, the SDK and support for using it ought to be offered to anyone who owns the device. If this device does not garner broad application support, it is going to wind up in my (too large) box of "that was an amusing waste of money" items.

Currently I would suggest this for early adopters, with hope that native iOS midi support comes to pass, and that Line 6 develops this product to its full potential.
on February 11, 2011
Great idea, except for the glaring oversight-- no way to keep it on the charger while you're using it. Consequently, it's not a serious tool yet-- just an exploratory toy. I'm waiting for the next revision, it can't be all that hard or expensive to put a mini USB plug in the thing, just for the power hookup.
on May 1, 2011
My band carries a bunch of digital gear to shows, Line6 Vetta, Keyboards, Rack FX, etc. And While I run my most critical gear off of a Pro Networking UPS, the stuff that runs off of the cheezy consumer UPSs sometimes takes power hits and loses memory. I used to carry a laptop and a MIDI interface for backups, but now I just keep them on my phone and keep the MIDI Mobilizer in a rack drawer. Much more convenient and has already saved my butt when our FOH rack and all our vocal FX got hosed. I agree that a power jack and more compatability would improve the product greatly, but for my purposes it has been flawless.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse