5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PEICE OF EQUIPMENT
Published on April 16, 2012 by scottieTmurder

1.0 out of 5 stars Line 6 Pod HD Pro Disapointment
I have a Pod x3 pro and I totaly love it's diversity for guitar and bass, and its ability to drive a power amp.
And when I saw the new HD Pro I was thinking "SWEET!!!" so I went out and snatched one up.
Needless to say I was heartbrokenly disappointed in it.
This units sound quality is about the same as a Pod X3 PRO, but only has half the effects, half the...
Published on April 20, 2012 by Laeas

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PEICE OF EQUIPMENT, April 16, 2012
This review is from: Line 6 99-050-0905 POD HD Pro Rack Multi-Effect Processor (Electronics)
So I sold my POD UX2 and bought this so I could use it live and studio, and lemme say, i played this thing for an hour only so far and its everything I could have wanted. I owned an AxeFx Ultra and sold it because it was kinda confusing and I wasn't really getting the hang of it, but the HD Pro is very easy to use and the amps and effects are phenomenal, I play alota Djent music and ambient stuff and this has all the effects and more I have been looking for. If your looking for quality, look no further, the HD Pro is all you'll ever need.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, better than Axe FX, December 8, 2013
I started out years ago with a Line 6 Uber Metal distortion pedal, then I graduated to a Spider III amp, then I moved up to a Spider Valve halfstack, then I got the MKII when it came out, I sold it when I was strapped for cash and bought a Spider 4 combo amp, so when I went to rebuild a rig, I thought what's the best, most universal rig I can come up with, that escapes the digital limitations of most of line 6's stuff. Well, what I came up with was a Peavey 6505 half stack, which has a series, switchable effects loop, which is perfect for using this thing with the 4 cable method. The patch that I use for my 6505 is literally, nothing but effects loop and noise gates, with a volume pedal. It simply gates my amps face blasting distortion, so absolutely no feedback, even right in front of the amp at max volume. Now, you're probably wondering, why couldn't you just buy a noise gate and save money? Well, using the set list feature, I have created and organized patches for 3 different scenarios, 6505, studio, and headphones. 6505 for use with the amplifier, studio is eq'd for using this thing as an interface through usb, and headphones is eq'd for running through headphones, or even powered speakers or a pa, sick. Well worth the money. But I will say, without a series fx loop in my amp, this thing isn't worth half of what it is to me with it.

One last thing, I play in a band with another guitar player who uses an axe fx and a mesa amp, bet you can't guess who's tone sounds better?

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, July 8, 2012
THe POD HD Pro in my opinion is the only multi FX unit I have seen or purchased over the years that has had the ability to replace my Older Lexicon Multi FX system.
That along with its Foot pedal has finally done the trick.
I have several other systems that run in my Studio environment but only the POD HD Pro can fulfill a range of functions that I was used to always having on hand every time I used Pro Tools for my work.
I might even break down and get one of the Higher end Variax guitars, as I can really use that functionality.
Very Impressed with the audio the ease of using with the Newest of Avid's HD I/O's, I think a lot of companies will be chasing POD for quite a while./

5.0 out of 5 stars It's no Kemper or Axe-FX II, but it is a great quality for the price., January 5, 2015
I bought the POD HD Pro rack a few years ago for recording basic demos. I had no intentions of using it on a professional level, just something to get my ideas recorded at a higher quality. I no longer need to use VST plugins or Line 6 software amps. The customization is pretty extensive and you can make just about anything work with your guitar gear. It has compressors, noise gates, equalizers, amps, cabinets, mics to switch between, as well as a great a selection of creative presets that you can experiment with to discover the caliber of customization options the POD offers.

The final signal still doesn't sound nearly as natural or as convincing as an Axe-FX or Kemper; however, for the price, you can dial in tones that truly compete with the professionals, it just takes some extra dialing. The other great thing is that the POD can record with 2 outputs, 1 output is the actual amplified tone that the device is used for, the other output is the direct signal from your guitar that you can simultaneously record to re-amp with real amps later (if you're into re-amping, a lot of engineers use that technique). It's just great to have as many recording options as possible, and the POD doesn't skimp on that front.

If you're debating whether to get this device or the Axe-FX, it really comes down to how committed you are to your music, performance, and recording. If you're taking yourself seriously and want your live performance to sound amazing as well as your recordings, I wouldn't be able to say that the POD HD will do as great of a job as the other leading software-driven amplifiers available. I can say that I've used this device live in my own band, and the quality through the house speakers sounds incredible. I'm sure the more expensive devices would sound even better, but in a live setting, a clear tone is impressive no matter where it's coming from, and the POD delivers. So if you have the extra money and you want to be taken seriously and get the best possible tones possible, then get one of the bigger devices. If you're just needing something to get better recordings but don't want to spend $2K, then get the POD.

5.0 out of 5 stars All the FX you'll ever need!, January 10, 2014
The POD HD is really the only decent rackmount multiFX in this price range (Axe FX II is the next step up but a lot more expensive). There are loads of great sounding FX in here. I like the compressors and some of the overdrives, the noise gate is decent too. Heavy distortion is not so good, a bit thin for my liking, and I'm not very impressed with the tremolos either. The vibratone/leslie simulator sounds awesome though, saves having to buy a rotosphere. Delays and reverbs are great. I don't use the amp modelling or looper so can't comment on those. It's taken a bit of tweaking to get it to work with my ground control pro but once up and running it's great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Look no further...get one!, December 14, 2013
My goal in buying the POD HD Pro was to eliminate having to use an entire pedalboard of analog effects and to have a smaller stage footprint overall. I wanted features and I got them. Effects and a DAW interface all-in-one. I wanted sound and I got it. Even with Line 6's reputation, I thought there would still be some pedals I would continue to use, including some high-end boutique pedals I swore I'd never part with. After dialing in a few of my own tones on the HD Pro, I realized that the HD Pro did everything, and a lot more, than anything on my pedalboard could possibly do. I was a professed "analog-snob," but my prior opinions were based on other manufacturer's gear and, sadly, to my own ignorance. To my newly-tuned ear, there is nothing that compares with the HD Pro...nothing! My third primary weighing factor was price. Considering that I'd had approximately $2300 in analog pedals on my board, not to mention cable jumpers, 9VDC connectors, etc, and I now have it all in a package at 1/3 of the investment, the price is a no-brainer. Throw in the cost of a DAW interface and between pedals and an interface, you could easily spend $3000, there's really no such thing as not being able to afford a POD HD Pro...you can't afford NOT to. The arithmetic is as simple as that. I'm a believer! This is da bomb. Ease of use: It's been my experience that typically nothing fires-up the first time correctly. There's usually a hidden note in a manual, or an obscure sentence that will explain why after you meticulously followed the instructions that you're getting no sound. I've come to expect that. I was actually shocked when after hooking this up through my rig and hitting the power switch...it worked as the manual said it would. What the???? In terms of working with the software, I don't think it could be anymore simple. Connect the USB to your computer, fire-up the software and tweak your tone to your heart's content. You need this!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition, very versitle and good modeling, May 22, 2013
The pod HD pro is definitely a nice piece of equipment for any guitarist trying to be able to use their tones both in the studio and live with minimal adjustments between. I thought about getting an axe fx, but given the pricetag and hearing that it was hard to jump into, I decided to go with the pod. I am certainly glad I did. Don't get me wrong, if you are picky, you need to be ready to tweak the crap out of this thing to get the exact sound you are looking for, but it is worth it. The stock presets are pretty much useless except if you want to use one of them as a base to create your own patch. There are a bunch online at the customtone available for download, but they can sound amazing on on guitar and worthless on another, so your best bet is to invest the time and create your own custom patches for your guitar(s). If you know what you're doing, it's not bad, if you don't, it's certainly still manageable, just hit the community for advice and tinker until you get the hang of it. The dude whining and giving it 1 star (twice?) probably didn't invest the time or effort. There are not as many options as the x3, but they simplified and went for quality over quantity with the HD, the difference is certainly noticeable. If you're looking for quality tones and a pretty good selection of effects, the HD is great, if you want tons and tons of effects and don't mind slightly lower quality tones, pick up an x3 and see if that does the trick for you. If you're on a tight budget, check out the UX2 (or presumably the UX1, which is similar but with no phantom power) with podfarm 2.5. I used that with the metal shop pack for some quick demo tracks and was pleasantly surprised with the sounds I was able to get out of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I do not own this item, March 31, 2012
But don't listen to that guy. There is no doubt that the X3 was a great processor, but this thing is much better. I have played extensively through an X3 pro although never owned one, and played around for a few hours with an HD500 (the floorboard version of the pro), and I can say that the HD's are MUCH better. Yes, it has less models, but it is brand new and has plenty of room for updates and packs. Not to mention that the models that it does have are much better than any of the previous pods. Through a cab with the cab sims turned off it might not be as drastically different (although it probably is), but direct it is definitely superior. The models are better alone, but the cab sims are waaaaaay better. I would hope that anyone looking to drop this much would do a little more research, but since their is only one review of this here I wanted to say that it is not indicative of the capabilities of this thing. Do more research, listen to samples, go try one out. Just don't listen to that dude.

5.0 out of 5 stars great fun, May 31, 2012
Look, for 700 bucks you an above average processer that is pretty easy to use. The software is especially handy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of options, July 1, 2013
This equipment gives you lots of options! You can configure a lot of different things, but I would wish to have more amp and cabs simulation options for bass guitar players.