The industry standard for direct recording in the studio, POD® 2.0 delivers the tones heard on hit records everywhere. If you're frustrated trying to record great guitar amp sounds POD 2.0 is the answer. ou get a wide variety of classic and modern guitar sounds with convenient, easy-to-use effects built right in.
Our revolutionary A.I.R. modeling accurately captures the tone and feel of speaker cabinets, microphones, and studio room characteristics for an amazing recorded sound direct to any recording setup or PA. Sounds like having a great amp mic'd by a great engineer in a great studio.
| Amp Models Based on*: |
- 64 Fender® Deluxe Reverb®
- 59 Fender® Bassman®
- 68 Marshall® Plexi 100 watt
- Marshall® JTM-45 meets Budda Twinmaster
- 60 Tweed Fender® Champ®
- Budda Twinmaster head
- 65 Blackface Fender® Twin Reverb®
- 60 Vox® AC 15
- 60 Vox® AC 30 non-Top Boost
- 85 Mesa/Boogie® Mark IIc+ Clean Channel
- 85 Mesa/Boogie® Mark IIc+ Drive Channel
- Dumble® Overdrive Special Clean Channel
- 95 Mesa/Boogie® Dual Rectifier® Head
- 89 Soldano SLO Super Lead Overdrive
- Dumble® Overdrive Special Drive Channel
- 1987 Roland® JC-120 Jazz Chorus
- Line 6® Insane
| Cabinet Models based on*: |
- 1960 Fender® Tweed Champ®
- 1952 Fender® Tweed Deluxe Reverb®
- 1960 Vox® AC-15
- 1964 Fender® Deluxe Reverb®
- 1965 Fender® Blackface Twin Reverb®
- 1967 Vox® AC-30
- 1995 Matchless Chieftain
- 1959 Fender® Bassman®
- 1996 Marshall® with Vintage 30s
- 1978 Marshall® with stock 70s
- 1968 Marshall® Basketweave with Greenbacks
- Line 6® 4x12
- Line 6® 1x12
- Line 6® 2x12
- Line 6® 4x10
POD® 2.0 comes with a built in set of effects that are tweaked to perfection. This "best of" collection of effects makes searching for the perfect sounds ultra easy. Multiple versions of the effects give you rack or stompbox versions, and the combination effects give you classic setups like Delay and Chorus simultaneously.
Theres even a full time Reverb, Tap Tempo for getting your delays in time with the band, and an Effect Tweak knob for custom tailoring your effects. Plus, youll never be out of tune because youll get a Chromatic Tuner with a silent mute function for tuning between songs.
| POD 2.0 Effects: |
- Chorus 1
- Chorus 2
- Flanger 1
- Flanger 2
- Rotary Speaker
- Delay/Chorus 1
- Delay/Chorus 2
Ins and Outs
POD® is equipped to handle todays guitar recording needs with +4dBu balanced or -10dBV unbalanced 1/4" connectors. MIDI lets you automate every move and our optional FBV generation foot controllers let you do it all with your feet. POD 2.0 also comes with a high-power headphone output for silent jamming.
- Input - Plug your guitar in here.
- Phones - Plug in your headphones here for silent practicing.
- Left & Right Output - These are balanced 1/4" TRS connectors, and ready to rock with pro +4 dBu balanced equipment. They will also work happily with unbalanced -10 dBV equipment and standard guitar cables.
- A.I.R. Mode If you want to plug POD into a guitar amp as "front end," flip the A.I.R. Mode switch to AMP, and set your amp for a clean tone. This defeats the speaker-microphone-room tone simulation of the A.I.R. processing. If youre using POD in almost any other setup (plugging direct into a mixer, recorder, PA, power amplifier, etc.) you want the DIRECT position on the A.I.R. switch.
- Foot Pedal Connector - POD® 2.0 is now compatible with the entire line of current foot controllers including FBV Express and FBV Shortboard!
- MIDI In & Out - Connect POD to your MIDI equipment to select channel memories or automate POD settings.
Pod 2.0 Frequently Asked Questions
Does the new 3-digit display POD® 2.0 have the same amps and effects as the old one?
Yes! It is exactly the same.
Does the new 3-digit display POD 2.0 sound just like the old one?
Does POD 2.0 support the new floorboard controllers like FBV Express?
Yes. POD 2.0 is now compatible with the entire line of current foot controllers including FBV Express and FBV Shortboard!
Can I still use the old FB-era controllers too?
Is there another way to tell what POD takes what pedal?
Yes. Older POD 2.0 units that have a jack labeled "PEDAL" only support the older FB4 and Floor Board® foot controllers. POD 2.0s that have a jack labeled "FBV Pedal" support the current line of FBV foot controllers.
Can I put Model Packs in POD 2.0 to make it the current Vetta-based models?
No. POD 2.0s architecture doesnt support Model Packs.
Can I connect to GuitarPort Online?
No. Only XT-based PODs with USB can log into the GuitarPort Online service.
* All product names used in this webpage are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with Line 6. These trademarks of other manufacturers are used solely to identify the products of those manufacturers whose tones and sounds were studied during Line 6s sound model development.
A new standard in direct guitar recording, POD is the ultimate guitar direct recording/performance tool with acclaimed Line 6 modeling and built-in stereo effects. Line 6's revolutionary A.I.R. Modeling accurately captures the tone and feel of speaker cabinets, microphones, and studio room characteristics for an amazing recorded sound on everything from the most prestigious pro studio setup to a multi-track cassette. Sounds like having a great amp mic'd by a great engineer in a great studio. The ultimate guitar Direct Recording tool with acclaimed Line 6 Modeling and built-in Stereo Effects. This baby can also be used as a Tone-shaping front end for any Guitar Amp, Live PA, or with Headphones.