MORE POWER TO CREATE
POD® HD500X is the ultimate tone palette for players who want to define their sound on their own terms. Sure, POD® HD500X has a world-class collection of amps and effects, but it isn’t just about sounding like the classics—it’s also about sounding unlike anything else. That’s just one reason why POD is the source of tones heard on hundreds of hit records—and counting.
Now POD® HD500X has even more DSP power to give you new levels of control when you’re creating your sounds. And thanks to HD technology, POD HD500X provides the sonic depth, character and touch nuance that helps you play and sound better than ever before.
- World-class collection of HD amps gives you unmatched depth and touch response
- Dynamic DSP and flexible routing options let you create unique sounds
- Assignable, pro-grade, backlit footswitches for at-a-glance operation
- The command center for any guitar setup including the Line 6 Dream Rig—the only system that can be virtually any rig
WORLD-CLASS HD AMPS
From vintage classics to modern powerhouses, each HD amp delivers incredible sonic depth, character and touch nuance to inspire your playing—and that’s just the beginning. Customize the tone and dynamic response of each HD amp with an extensive set of deep parameters including Sag, Bias, Bias Excursion, Hum and more.
100+ STUDIO AND STOMP EFFECTS
POD HD500X gives you over 100 studio and boutique stomp effects, so you can take your sound in any direction. Emulate classic signal chains with distortions, delays, mods, filters, reverbs and more, or discover entirely new sounds by mixing and matching up to eight simultaneous effects. You also get pro-grade, assignable footswitches and a built-in, die-cast expression pedal to control your effects in real time.
MORE PROCESSING POWER, MORE CREATIVITY
With unparalleled flexibility and more processing power than anything in its class, POD HD500X lets you create the sounds you’re seeking. To start, POD provides dynamic DSP, so you can stack the effects you want wherever you want them. You can also mix and match HD amps, cabinets, mics and effects to create new sounds or dial in the tones of your favorite guitarists. With 512 presets, you’ve got virtually endless options for recalling your tones.
SCULPT SOUNDS WITH DUAL SIGNAL PATHS
Legendary guitar tones are often created with more than one signal path. POD HD500X lets you create these complex, rich tones without the setup headaches of traditional dual-amp rigs. You can route your guitar through two completely independent paths—each with its own HD amp and effects chain, of course—or process two signals at once by using the 1/4” guitar, 1/4" auxiliary or XLR mic inputs. So whether you want to configure elaborate signal chains for more traditional stereo amp setups or create unique soundscapes, you've picked the right tool.
ASSIGNABLE FOOTSWITCHES AND RUGGED CONSTRUCTION
With POD HD500X, you get professional-grade footswitches with bright LED rings for at-a-glance operation. You can use them to enable or bypass amps and effects, or to select presets directly. If you want to get more creative, you can assign multiple amp and effects parameters to morph between sounds (controlling up to 52 parameters in real time!). The footswitches also control the built-in 48-second looper—an instrument unto itself. The bent-metal chassis and rugged construction make POD HD500X ideal for any stage.
FLEXIBLE I/O FOR RECORDING WITH ANY DAW
POD HD500X provides all the connections you need for studio, stage and anywhere in between. You can plug in a mic to record vocals or acoustic instruments, track with your favorite HD amps, use the stereo FX loop to connect stompboxes and outboard effects, and much more. Connect to your computer via USB for multi-channel, studio-quality recording with your favorite DAW software—or tap into POD HD Edit, the free editor/librarian software that makes it easy to tweak and organize all your tones.
COMMAND CENTER FOR YOUR GUITAR EXPERIENCE
It doesn’t matter if you use a guitar amp, go straight to the PA or take advantage of a next-gen full-range guitar rig—POD HD500X is the ideal command center for any guitar setup. It’s a fully assignable MIDI controller, so you can use the footswitches and expression pedal to control all kinds of external hardware and software—and it gets even better when you use POD HD500X with other Line 6 gear.
Connect a James Tyler® Variax® guitar and DT amp or StageSource® speaker to form the Line 6 Dream Rig—the only system that can instantly become virtually any rig. With the press of a single POD HD500X footswitch, you can recall up to 512 totally different rigs—with changes to preamp type, power amp configuration, guitar type, polyphonic alt-tuning, effects chain and more.
With StageSource L2m, you’ve got a cutting-edge, full-range, flat-response guitar system that delivers consistent tone at any volume—from studio to rehearsal, to the gig.
- Extensive collection of award-winning HD amps for authentic tone and feel
- 100+ studio and stomp effects—use up to eight simultaneously
- Selectable speaker cabinets and mics
- Unparalleled flexibility to craft your tones:
- Dual signal paths
- Multiple routing options
- Dynamic DSP with more power for amps and effects
- Stereo FX loop can be inserted anywhere in the signal chain
- Professional-grade footswitches with bright LED rings for at-a-glance operation
- Comprehensive I/O includes USB 2.0, MIDI, S/PDIF, balanced XLR outputs, integrated mic preamp and more
- Guitar input with variable impedance
- Fully assignable MIDI controller—control external hardware and software via footswitches and expression pedal
- Variable input impedance
- L6 LINK™ connection for integration and control of DT-series amplifiers and StageSource® series loudspeakers
- VDI connection for integration and control of James Tyler® Variax® guitars
- 8 set lists containing 64 presets
- 512 user-writable preset locations
- Eight set list banks
- Assignable expression pedal controls amp and effect parameters
- Integrated 48-second looper with dedicated footswitch
- Built-in chromatic tuner
- Tap-tempo footswitch
- Professional-grade construction with bent metal chassis, chrome roll bar and die-cast expression pedal
- Downloadable POD® HD500X software editor/patch librarian