Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on January 1, 2009
This amp sounds great with my Fender Precision bass. It can be adjusted for the rock-solid sound that I'm looking for. The tuner works but isn't as good as a nice Korg tuner. The best feature is how the Master Volume knob works! Set it at 50% and the amp is about 50% of its maximum loudness. Most other amps I've used are practically full volume at the 50% knob position. I leave this amp on a stage at a church and have my personal preferences programmed behind one of the buttons. Others use this amp and can do anything they want to the sound settings as long as they don't reprogram my setting. That is a great feature.

The ultra-low frequency extension button is not useful where I play. It sounds pretty good at home but makes the sound muddy and boomy in a larger room.

I don't have any use for the amplifier model presets or the Chorus effect, but I use the compressor all the time.

Warning: The amplifier itself is not in the same enclosure as the 15" speaker. There is a friction-fit wire connector between the amp and the speaker. It was a dumb design for that wire to not have a positive connection to the amplifier pcb. It can vibrate off when you move the amp around. It isn't a difficult fix the 2nd time you do it, but you'll rack your brain thinking your amp is broken when all that is wrong is a loose wire to the speaker. I would have given the amp a 5-star review if it weren't for this problem.
on January 29, 2007
I got this amp two weeks ago and I've been blown away by the quality. It has an amazing range of sound, the different amp models and Smart FX let me customize the sound for whatever I want. And it's loud. I play in a metal band and this thing keeps up just fine with my guitar player's 4X10 Marshal stack.

This amp is also very well made. It's tough and durable, and can take a beating. I tend to jump onto and off of it during gigs.

All in all, this is the perfect amp for the money.
on September 19, 2008
This amp is most versatile combo amp to date. The sound shaping is endless, and the modeling is precise. I got this at guitar center for $550. This blows Ampeg sound quality out the water. You can literally make any sound with this amp. Really deep lows, and really high highs. Absolutely amazing!!!
on October 29, 2009
Overall I like this amp very well. The amp modules give you a variety of tones to choose from. My biggest complaint about it are the effects. They are so so. Namely, the distortion does not sound good on any of the amp choices except for the Grind setting. The filter is average. Octaver I never use. Chorus is decent.
The amp is good and loud. I play in a heavy rock band and I have to crank it 3 quarters to keep up. Any other style of music and this amp is plenty. Also another beef is the weight. Its pretty heavy.
Overall I rate it pretty good as you can get some a wide variety of bass sounds out of it and it is powerful.
on October 9, 2012
I have been banging on this amp for several years now. no it will not produce the fat sound of a 2000 dollar head and cab setup, BUT it is solid, rocks hard, pushes air and works great for small venues and easy enough to move about for practice. they dont make these any more, but even if they did i would say get the ld400 to have the option of adding an external cab.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse