Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: LUCID Premium Hypoallergenic 100% Waterproof Mattress Protector - 15 Year Warranty - Vinyl Free - King
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on November 20, 2015
My wife has an elderly, blind, skittish cat who sometimes urinates in places that aren't his litter box. When we got a new couch, I was trying to think of ways to protect it. I looked into those plastic sofa covers like the ones in old people's living rooms, but they had bad reviews and didn't seem like they'd do a great job or have a good fit. Then I had the idea to just toss one of these on. I planned to double layer, so I decided to try this cheaper brand since it would be 2 layers anyway. Lo and behold, I woke up to find evidence of an accident the very first night I put this on.

But what was amazing was: the other brand we had been using would absorb the liquid in the terrycloth layer, and occasionally there would be slight dampness/moisture underneath from where some liquid had soaked through. So it wasn't protecting fully, which is why I thought I'd need to double up. But with THIS brand, the urine stayed puddled on the couch. I used paper towels to mop it up and pulled it off to wash, and was surprised to see that the second waterproof protector underneath was still pristine white. There was absolutely no seepage or leakage. There was no damage in the washing machine, and I do not dry these in the dryer, even on low heat. I hang them to dry. I wish I'd known about this brand earlier. I thought that the more expensive brand would be better, but that wasn't true.
review image
0Comment|150 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 16, 2009
This mattress protector is a must have. I initially bought one for my little boy because we were potty training. Now I have one on every single bed in the house. They are excellent insurance against any sort of spills, so now I don't worry about damaging our nice mattresses. They are so thin that you don't even notice they are on your bed, but they keep all of the liquid from going through. My daughter spilled an entire bottle of Gatorade on my sheets last week. Nothing went through to the mattress. It was amazing.
0Comment|380 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 15, 2010
I purchased a number of these mattress protectors (1 Queen, 1 King, and 6 pillows) in November 2009, and they work exactly as described. I love them. I am not being compensated in any way for this review.

People should read the product description carefully -- these are mattress PROTECTORS, not mattress PADS.
Their purpose is to create a waterproof and dust mite proof barrier between you and the mattress. They are thin and not meant to act as a mattress pad.

Just before I purchased these protectors, I purchased a brand new Queen bed set and a brand new King bed set. The bedding store (a big chain) told me that I needed a waterproof protector to avoid voiding my mattress warranty. The salesman gave me a small demo of the protector the store wanted to sell me where he poured some colored liquid over the protector proving it was waterproof. The store's product looked like it was constructed of a layer of terry cloth backed by some type of waterproof backing. It looked fine, BUT THE STORE WANTED $95 for their protector.

I searched Amazon and found this product, and it appeared to be nearly identical to the store's prduct, except this one was only $30.

I have washed these protectors a number of times and they are the same as when I first received them. They are thin, but sturdy.

One final small "warning" -- one big feature you are paying for is the protector being waterproof, so if you perspire in bed your bedclothes will absorb the moisture (as opposed to the moisture passing through and eventually staining your mattress). However, this is a trade-off to avoid voiding your mattress warranty.
11 comment|294 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 15, 2010
I dont know what everyone here is complaining about.. I bought this for the new king size bed we bought just before christmas. You have to have a mattress protector because mattress warranties are voided by any stains, no matter how small or the source. This one is great! I am very happy with my purchase. I too have asthma and wanted something that would protect from dustmites and such. Our new mattress is 17 inches thick and I wanted to make sure I got one that would have really deep pockets. This would easily fit a mattress 18 inches thick.. I also wanted something that didnt make noise when you rolled around .. this one is quiet.. its a light peice of plastic on the back of a mattress pad..just what I expected .. believe me I am a picky person and dont have money to waste on a poor product..
Im very happy with my purchase and I plan on buying the LinenSpa pillow protectors for king pillows as well.
As far as other reviewers saying they thought the company was offering things to people writing reviews.. well, I didnt get anything in case your wondering.. (would have loved a benefit like that though).. But Im happy with what I purchased here. Anywhere else these mattress protectors are over a hundred dollars. Believe me I have shopped around. This was a real bargain to me. I would buy it again and I would highly recommend it to anyone that is looking for one.
0Comment|275 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 25, 2010
We just bought a new memory foam mattress so I got this mattress protector for it based on the wonderful reviews. I couldn't be happier. This is a fabulous product. It does what it claims to do. I even bought one for my mom. A must have to protect your mattress.
on December 25, 2013
So far so good, bought this for an 8" deep memory foam mattress and fits very well even though it says deep mattress compatible. So far it has worked perfect and doesn't feel hot either. Honestly I cannot tell its under me sheets at all. Doesn't make any substantial noise either, which at first I was concerned about it possibly doing. After doing my research I feel like this was the best option for the price
on February 15, 2010
I purchased this item to put on a Sleep Number bed that my husband and I recently purchased. I fits nicely on the california king and is not hot to sleep on. I especially like that it doesn't make a "crunching" sound when you lie down on it. We are very happy with our purchase and very satisfied with the price.
on March 15, 2015
I had bought a waterproof cover from target and ended up having to try to sleep in the bed I got it for, my 2 year olds bed. That was NOT happening it was an inferno.
I read reviews on this one and went for it, the price was right and I was desperate. This hing is super cool-the temp, that is, compared to the other. The huge stretchy sides allow for accommodating our very thick tempurpedic mattress. I could easily fit another thick matteress pad beneath it if I wanted. This cover also didn't inhibit the matteress from conforming when we laid on it, the other made the bed so tight it was like sleeping on a rock. I haven't had to determine the waterproofing ability yet, but it is a very thin cover. It is also silent, key for sneaking out of the bed without worrying about waking a 2 year old.
Get this cover, delivered asap, fit great, night and day in terms of comfort for this bs the allerease or whatever the brand was at target.
on November 18, 2009
I bought this queen sized mattress cover after recently purchasing a new bed and its great! Fits well over the entire mattress, is comfortable, doesn't make any noise, and doesn't make the bed hotter! It's a great buy at the price and a must for anyone who wants to protect the warranty of their mattress. I have allergies to dust mites too so it was another added benefit, but I plan to keep the protector on for the life of the mattress just in case I need to take advantage of the manufacturers 15 year warranty. PROTECT YOUR INVESTMENT, BUY THIS PRODUCT!!! Thanks for a great priced protector!
22 comments|112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 21, 2014
I have been using this mattress protector for almost a year on my toddler son's bed. He is known to remove his Pull-Up at night, which results in night-time accidents. It's also been the victim of vomit a time or two. It has endured at least a dozen washes, and I machine dry it on low. The mattress protector has held up well and continues to be waterproof. I just came back to buy 2 more (one for older brother & a back up for middle of the night sheet changes). I highly recommend this product!