Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lucid 10" Memory Foam Dual-Layered Mattress, Queen
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Size: Queen|Change

on November 25, 2011
This is a video on opening the foam mattress. It doesn't hardly smell. It's at 9" thick by the time wee went to bed. Very firm bed and very comfortable. The bed does roll out upside down so you need to flip it over so that the bumpy side is down. I can officially say that we are done with spring mattresses. It came in 2 days thanks to amazon prime. We also purchased the "Sleep Tite PREMIUM Universal Fit Mattress Protector - 100% Waterproof-Eliminates Dust Mites -15 Year Warranty, CAL KING" seemed like a good idea for a foam mattress. Will update on how the sleeps go since that would seem like a boring video of me sleeping.

update 12/8/11- My wife and I have been sleeping on this for quite a bit now. My back does hurt but its a different kind of hurt since I can tell that my back is aligning itself back to how its supposed to be. My posture has dramatically improved and I can tell that I am not in the kind of lower back pain that used to be in. I'm not sure how much longer my back pain will endure but I can tell that it is from this bed and that the pain is good. I can tell that this bed is helping my back get to where its supposed to be. As far as my wife she just had a baby and has periodic back pain and also can tell that the bed is making here back into the correct position. She doesn't get back pain from sleeping in it like I do but every so often she can tell that her back has righted itself. The pain is similar to doing a hard work out and your muscles being sore the day after. You just know that things are how they are supposed to be. So with all this said I will update again in the future.
ob
update 1/6/12- My back feels amazing I haven't taken any aleve in 4 days. My wife says my back looks like it has a six pack. I do heavy lifting at my job and use a back brace. Worth the money love the bed probably the last update unless something goes wrong with the bed but I highly doubt it.
5151 comments|1,120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 21, 2012
1 Year Review: It's now been about a year since I started using this mattress. I'm happy to report that it's still as great as it was when I first started using it. No permanent indents, "valleys", or any other issues. It's still looks and feels as good as it did when I first bought it. No issues with it being too hot or not breathing enough either (this is in Texas). Great, highly recommended.

3 Year Update: It's now been over 3 years since we bought it. It now definitely has some minor valleys where we sleep on it. But it's still comfortable enough that we'll keep on using it and have no plans to replace it anytime soon.
11 comment|269 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 8, 2011
I bought this Lucid 10" memory foam mattress in mid-October, and to me it always seemed a bit firm. Although comfortable, it did seem firm. I read several reviews, and several people have mentioned how firm this mattress is. Compared to another memory foam mattress I've owned, it indeed felt firm. I thought maybe it just needed a good break in period.

DISCOVERY!!!! Tonight, I just made a significant discovery while making my bed. The mattress was shipped with the outside washable cover upside down. By orienting the cover, I placed the mattress upside down on my bed when I received it. The "rough" side is supposed to go down, so that's what I did. I wondered why the mattress never really seemed to reach the full 10 inches, and this is why. The soft memory foam layer was on the bottom. Once I took the outside cover off and got the soft side on the correct side of the mattress, it is now like a cloud of heavenly bliss. The mattress now does that hand print thing like you see in all the pictures and videos.

I'm not sure how the outside cover mix up occurred, but if you buy this mattress, make sure the soft memory foam squishy layer is right side up. This will make all the difference in how this mattress feels.
1414 comments|598 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 10, 2012
This is the deal of a lifetime. This is the most comfortable bed we have ever had. As always shipping was fast and easy. The bed unrolled easily. (The video another member posted was very helpful) it rolls out upside down. So if you know that you can save time by unrolling it upside down so it ends up right side up. Everyone said the mattress would have a slight smell, but our did not. I guess we got lucky. My sister has a $5000 dollar memory foam mattress and this one is just as and possibly more comfortable. Don't spend more then you have to, this mattress is worth ten times the price.
on February 9, 2012
This is an update: Well I posted a wonderful review on this mattress and slept on it for months and have enjoyed it. Last month I noticed my back hurting when I get up in the morning. I thought maybe something I was doing during the day and left the idea alone. Well last week I started looking at my mattress and noticed when I got up there was large impression and it wasn't going back up. A couple of hours later I checked on the mattress and it still had a deep impression and very soft.Not what I want after 5 months.I looked at my warranty paper-no phone number, address-Nothing. BUYER BEWARE
8181 comments|1,095 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 21, 2013
I am completely satisfied with this mattress. It's no Tempurpedic for sure, but you can't get a King sized Tempurpedic for $350. The description is proper as it is on the firm side, however it does soften up a little bit after a few weeks (you can stomp all over it to help along the process) and it's by no means so firm it's uncomfortable to sleep on. My 200 lb. husband sinks in a lot more than I do so I think it's better suited for larger people. He says it's like sleeping on a cloud. I'm 105 lbs. and I don't sink in that much, so I don't get the feeling that the bed is hugging me, however it's still very comfortable. For me, it's better sleeping on my back or stomach, and I don't sleep on my sides as much as I would if it were softer. I was considering getting a soft mattress topper, but now that I've had the mattress for a few months, it's been broken in enough that I don't think I'd need it.

The important thing is that this mattress has completely solved my back issues. I've only ever had spring mattresses my whole life, and after sleeping on this Serta that lost all support after barely a year of use, my back feels ruined. My spine has become so unaligned that I'd have to keep cracking it throughout the day just to get by. I seriously felt like I had the back of a 60-year old, and I'm only 25. The first night on this LUCID mattress was like heaven after a lifetime of torture. Immediately I felt better, and I could feel my spine re-aligning itself after every night. After a few weeks I felt my age again.

As far as the initial smell people were complaining about, it is pretty strong once you first open it, but it's not like it stays that way. Any foam mattress is going to have that smell. I kept my doors open so air can flow, and I'd say after a day or 2 it was completely gone. You have to wait 48 hours to sleep on it anyway, so it really wasn't a bother. After a few months, the bed is in just as great condition as when I got it, no depression or softness anywhere. Only time will tell, but I can see this lasting a long time. If you're like me and don't have a lot of money but need to replace your cheap-o spring mattress that's giving you issues, this is the perfect buy. Fix your back without breaking your wallet.
on April 5, 2012
No longer in the bloom of youth, my back has started to bother me and my crappy, hand-me-down mattress wasn't cutting it. I had two important factors in considering its replacement: size and price. I live in an older home, and a king size mattress will not fit up the stairs; my old mattress was actually two twin beds. Additionally, like everyone these days, I really didn't have a lot of money to spend.

Both these points made this mattress quite attractive. Being memory foam, I figured it would get up the stairs (don't ask me how it's getting out, I'll worry about that another day), and the price couldn't be beat. I was worried about several things from researching and reading reviews, however. One, was ten inches thick enough? The price jump from ten to twelve inches is quite large, but I wondered if it was worth it. Two, the foam smell mentioned by some as overwhelming and others as non-existant. Three, the firmness factor. And finally, four, the foam making you hot while you sleep. Let me cover them all briefly:

One- The mattress actually seems quite "tall" and I don't feel that it was worth a hundred dollars an inch for anymore height.
Two- It did smell when I opened it. For the first week, if the bedroom door was closed all day, I could smell it again. However, it didn't bother me. It smelled like the room had been painted awhile ago.
Three- It is an extremely firm mattress. In fact, it's probably one of the firmest I have encountered. However, I prefer a firm mattress so it's not a problem for me. I think that it would be intolerable for someone who likes a soft mattress.
Four- It is early spring here, albeit unseasonably warm, but I have already awoken several times sweaty and hot. Even when I sit in the bed and read and whatnot, I feel that the mattress does seem to heat up under me in a way that an old school mattress does not. I will be interested to see what happens once the weather gets hot.

So, despite my concerns, the only real issue I have had thus far is the warmth. All in all, I am happy with my purchase and would recommend this to others. I also wanted to throw out there that this mattress does work with my bed, which is a platform bed and does not use a box spring, because I didn't see much information about that while I was researching and made the assumption that it would when I bought it.

UPDATE 12/22/2013: All the information in my original review still stands. I would add that although the mattress has the tendency to make one hot, over the time I have had the product I learned to adjust my blanket habits and never felt like this was a big issue. However, another problem has arisen recently that I wanted to add to this review.

I have been sleeping on this mattress since it was purchased. I was happy with the mattress, but after awhile using it "normally" I had settled on sleeping across what would typically be the head or the foot of the mattress. The reasons for this aren't pertinent to the review except that about two and a half months ago, we rearranged bedrooms and I began sleeping on the mattress "normally" again. I'm not sure if the previous weird across the bed arrangement staved off the issue or what, but now the side of the mattress where I am sleeping is basically caving in. This is a pain because I feel alternately like I am going to roll off the edge of the bed on the floor or end up in a hole that I have to heave myself out of. I have an infant and I don't even feel comfortable taking a nap with him on that side of the bed because if he is next to me in the middle of the mattress, he literally starts to roll down next to me and I'm afraid he'll smother.

This product seems to stay on a significant sale and is therefore much cheaper than most king size mattresses, so getting a good year or two out of it may end up being a good use of your money; I haven't calculated it out. However, I wanted others to be aware that after a time, you may be sleeping in a hole or find the bed unworkable for your sleeping arrangements, and to be able to factor that in when you consider purchasing it.
on January 9, 2013
My husband spent hours doing research on what makes a good memory foam mattress. We were in need of a firm mattress and the Tempurpedic mattress that we tried was way too soft so we took it back for a refund. After doing research away from the reviews my husband had a list of what a good mattress should be made of. We saw this mattress on Amazon and it had all the right stuff. But we didn't want to buy online so we set off to EVERY mattress store that we could find in our area. We made a very important discovery that weekend. Most of the "Brand Name" mattresses were made of the Low quality memory foam and much to low grade density foam. But they all were selling for the HIGH end price. Where as the Linen Spa had all the highest grade materials for a very low price.

After much agonizing over it we decided to buy the Linen Spa from Amazon. It was the best decision we ever made. First of all when you purchase a mattress from this company the shipping says it takes about a week to be delivered from UPS. NOT even close to our happy surprise it took a day and a half to arrive. and that was during the holidays where nothing ships fast.

We unpacked the mattress and were very careful to follow the directions of unpacking and set up. Basically make sure it isn't upside down and allow it to rise before anyone lays on it. in about 8 hours it was at about 8 inches and it says to allow 48 hours to rise fully. Well we didn't have anywhere to sleep so we slept on it that first night. My husband loved it, I hated it. it seemed so hard and uncomfortable. However, by the second night it had risen to it's full height of 10 inches and I slept like a baby that night. it does take some getting used to but when you wake up without the usual aches and pains you think wow that thing is fantastic. it's not a miracle cure but it really makes a difference.

I have spinal problems in my neck and lower back which is making it very hard to move around. and I'm in pain most of the time. Since sleeping on this mattress the pain has subsided to I would say about 1/3 of what it used to be. I haven't had to take my Pain medicine since that 2nd night. THANK YOU LINEN SPA!

We looked at the 12 and 14 inch mattresses by Linen Spa but my husband needs a firm mattress so we decided to get the 10 inch to try and later purchase one of their mattress toppers if needed. it's not needed it's perfect the way it is and you won't be able to beat the price anywhere.
it is worth the risk of buying online, and I will be purchasing one for each of my children in the near future.
on November 13, 2012
I love this mattress. I will no longer buy another mattress from another company because I was so impressed with this one. We purchased this on a Tuesday and it was on my doorstep Thursday afternoon. This was even during hurricane sandy. I was very impressed. We giggled by the size of thebox, but it was expected because of reviews I read. But the mattress was layer out and it instantly began rising. It took about 5 hours till it reached its full 10 inches and we slept on it that night. And we have loved it ever since. I also called them to verify the warrenty and my call was answered withing 4 rings by a human! Again, very impressed. She answered my questions very well and she was very kind. I should be thanking them for making such a great mattress!
on December 9, 2011
Scenario: daily back aches, 15 year old pillow top- mattress
Situation: husband wants to sleep on a brick, wife wants soft and cushy!
Solution: we love this mattress, and have recommended to aging parents! Very firm, yet soft for the wife. Marked difference in back aches, solid design. We bought with nomad platform bed and it is perfect, no sliding of mattress at all. We did experience a few sheet sets that did not fit - recommend you use deep queen sheeting (oversized!).
Conclusion: had three months - couldn't be happier!