Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Format: Audio CDChange

on December 18, 2012
I do not understand why people review movie soundtrack CD's if they have not seen the movie. In this case its impossible to understand the context within each song/track are used. Anyway, yes, the music on this CD is quite varied but works well with this amazing film. I do like the Danny Elfman tracks and "Silver Lining" by Jesse J. The duet of "Girl From the North Country" is used in a very poignant moment in the film. I still remeber the moment in the film when this music was used. Go see this film-don't miss it and then this music will make sense. There have been a lot of great films this year and this one is one of the best.
11 comment80 of 85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 25, 2012
I just saw the movie and love the soundtrack. However, I wish the soundtrack was 2 cd's to include more of the songs that were in the movie.
55 comments50 of 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2013
I just watched the movie and thought it was great. Also the Soundtrack! But now I am missing some songs? I am sure I heard Led Zeppelin? Is there a different Soundtrack Cd somewhere?
66 comments36 of 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
"The Silver Linings Playbook" was an amazing film. The soundtrack seemed to pop around the action and carry the film forward. This soundtrack collection is excellent. Yes, not everything from the film is here, but what is here keeps me spinning the disc. The star track is "Always Alright" by Alabama Shakes. (I saw the band on Saturday night live last night and will have to pop for their CD!) The track has such a great bass line with the lead singer knocking it out of the park, "We're always all right!" "Goodnight Moon" by Ambrosia Parsley & the Elegant Too is another delight that slinks along with a circus-like riff. Eagles of Metal Death's "Now I'm a Fool" has an addictive beat and an expressive vocal, "But nothing is real, even what you can feel is illusion, suddenly you appear out of the smoke and haze and I think that you've got me falling for you." I bought Bob Dylan's Nashville Skyline when I was a teenager. At the time, I thought that Dylan and Cash sounded like they'd been at the pub before they hit the recording studio. But the song has such a lovely melody that these two classic artists sound fresher to me today. Sting did a sweet version on it on the Chimes of Freedom: The Songs of Bob Dylan CD. The closing track by the Dave Brubeck Quartet of the Leonard Bernstein-Stephen Sondheim classic "Maria" is utter ambrosia. Even though it was recorded in 1960, it was not on my radar screen prior to this set! "Buffalo," "Silver Lining" and the brief Danny Elfman instrumental "Walking Home" also are treats. For me, this is an exceptional soundtrack to an exceptional film! Enjoy!
on January 31, 2013
Two songs featured in the trailer and the Diner scene, are not on soundtrack. The Head and the Heart's, "Lost in my Mind", (Diner Scene) and The Lumineer's, "Ho Hey", would have made this a five star soundtrack. This is a problem with many movie soundtracks, took me awhile to ID the Artists not featured.
11 comment22 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 7, 2013
Although I was disappointed that this disc excluded tunes played in the movie like Led Zep's "What is and What Should Never Be," White Stripes' "Hello Operator," and Stevie Wonder's "Don't You Worry 'Bout a Thing," the disc is very enjoyable. (At least I already own the original discs on which those songs appear.) I was particularly pleased that the two Dave Brubek tunes have been included.
11 comment10 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 27, 2013
In my opinion, the best song, "Guarapiranga" by Toco (Original Mix)Guarapiranga - Original Mix, used during the Dance Competition sequence is missing from the soundtrack. I'm lucky that during the movie I "Shazamed" it and found out it's name...now I can buy that MP3 instead of this CD that is totally incomplete. Movie was great and the music was great...too bad they murphed on the CD...
on February 18, 2013
Dubious distinction, I know, but on top of that, Silver Linings Playbook is quite simply one of the best, most romantic movies I've ever seen. Love everything about it.
0Comment11 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 4, 2013
because the soundtrack did not include the Johnny Mathis song Misty, used for the most romantic scene in the movie
11 comment6 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 2, 2013
I absolutely love the movie "Silver Linings Playbook" and all the music on the soundtrack. As soon as I was finished watching the movie, I ordered the album. The music fits the scenes and characters so well, and a lot of it is very familiar to me.

Now that I have the soundtrack, I would like to have a copy of the movie. I definitely recommend this CD after watching the movie.