5.0 out of 5 stars Get more leads...make more sales
Published on September 16, 2012 by B. Matthews

1.0 out of 5 stars Too much fluff
I did not really find any value in this book. Lots of content about industry trends or how Company X had an ROI of 900%, but very little about how it is done. Most of it read like "there are lots of ways to get more visiblity...." Then it would vaguely describe very generic tactics.

I felt like a few pages of content padded with 100 pages of...
Published on January 2, 2013 by Greg Mcateer

5.0 out of 5 stars Get more leads...make more sales, September 16, 2012
This review is from: LinkedIn for Business: How Advertisers, Marketers and Salespeople Get Leads, Sales and Profits from LinkedIn (Que Biz-Tech) (Paperback)
Like many others, my business has been slow to adopt social media as a viable business and marketing tool...and we have suffered because of it. The biggest problem is that we just didn't have a plan of action on how to put social media into place. LinkedIn for Business has been a valuable tool in not only getting my business up & running with LinedIn, but more importantly, getting my business up & running the RIGHT way. Without guidance, most companies use LinkedIn all wrong. They set up a profile and expect the leads to begin pouring in. Worse, they start spamming others seeking leads. This book not only shows you how to avoid those pitfalls, it shows you how to use LinkedIn to increase both the number and the quality of leads to your business and how to NETWORK properly in this day and age. If your business is not using LinkedIn, you are truly missing out on a golden opportunity. If you're looking to increase leads and improve your brand, I highly recommend this book for step-by-step guidance to getting your business up & running on LinkedIn the right way.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too much fluff, January 2, 2013
Greg Mcateer (Moorpark, CA USA) - See all my reviews

I felt like a few pages of content padded with 100 pages of "experts say...." And more marketing hype.

I blame myself though, I just noticed the 3 positive reviews were all written on the same day. Never a good sign.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Informative!, September 16, 2012
This book thought me some amazing things that I never knew were possible by using LinkedIn.It clearly explains the best and fastest ways that you can achieve profit for your business by using LinkedIn.The thing that I liked most about this book was that it showed me how I can use LinkedIn to generate more interest in my business and the other great thing about LinkedIn is that, once you set up your page, it will do the work for you! I would recommend this book to any business owner that wants to accelerate their sales and clientele, strengthen their brand profile and learn how to optimize LinkedIn's ad campaigns to get more potential sales and clients by using online marketing, such as LinkedIn.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Resource, September 16, 2012
This book is a useful tool for anyone looking to significantly improve their career. Brian Carter gives us a simple and easy-to-use method for increasing our visibility through one of today's most popular social media platforms. The book is written in an easy-to-understand style and has lots of insights on how to use LinkedIn more effectively and get the most out of online networking. As an entrepreneur, I'm always looking for fast, inexpensive ways to increase my online presence and this book absolutely delivers. I give it a solid five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars A LinkedIn Repository Must Have, May 13, 2013
The world of commerce has changed and continually does so by the minute, likewise, so should the way companies market their business via social media outlets such as LinkedIn.

Although hardly a social media newcomer, LinkedIn continues to pave the way for effective B2B marketing that Facebook and Twitter can't even begin to elicit, as experts and consumers from every industry come together on a professional platform. If you're in need of gaining secrets and backdoor methodologies utilized by LinkedIn companies and individuals, then you've come to the right place. This book has it all!

The author lists' trade secrets pros use and in an easy-to-read format. I enjoyed the sub section headlines, which make for an easy read. Most importantly, the author provides a powerhouse of statistical information that boosts LinkeIn's superiority.

I highly recommend this book to those seeking a greater understanding of LinkedIn. You'll be glad you did.

5.0 out of 5 stars I was so behind the times, May 12, 2013
I don't want to date myself, but I just made a LinkedIn a few months ago upon the request of other colleagues and not wanting to sound dumb and ask for help, I had my wife has a few co-workers and one gave her this book. It was an absolute life saver and actually I passed it onto one of my co-workers. I give it a must read if you are dragging behind like I was.

4.0 out of 5 stars Insightful, January 23, 2013
Daniel Hucks (Lexington, SC USA) - See all my reviews
The book is easy to follow and does contain a certain amount of insight for those not actively engaged in taking advantage of their digital presence. Half way through it, I'm still looking for ways to improve my business's competitive advantage, not just have more stuff out there with a reference back to my company.

5.0 out of 5 stars LinkedIn as a marketing tool, May 16, 2013
The author of this book, Brian Carter, is an Internet marketing expert. He begins by discussing the history of LinkedIn and its role in sales and marketing for your business. He provides information and tips on creating a powerful LinkedIn profile, company page, adding groups, and more.

The book then goes on to discuss using LinkedIn for marketing your business, stating that "LinkedIn marketing isn't as hot as Facebook, but for business-to-business companies engaging in social media marketing, it has become the mainstay." He explains how 15 principals from Internet marketing apply to LinkedIn, and how their integration into your everyday marketing strategy can give your company a competitive advantage.

There is information on incorporating your Facebook and Twitter feeds, using apps to embed SlideShare presentations, and incorporating your WordPress blog. This is only a small part of the information available in this book.
I recommend it to anyone planning to use LinkedIn as a marketing strategy, or just wanting a better understanding of LinkedIn.

4.0 out of 5 stars Making Moves on LinkedIn, May 15, 2013
I borrowed a copy of this book and thought it was pretty good. It was a nice primer on opportunties and tactics for LinkedIn. I don't have a ton of experience with LinkedIn and I think that holds true for a lot of people. It seems that sometimes Facebook and Twitter marketing get way more attention. Ironically, there are some statistics in the book that demonstrated LinkedIn is likely the better market. Just the per capita income alone should tell you that you're fishing in a more lucrative body of water when you start tapping into LinkedIn. The book has some good screen shots and is presented in a very straightfoward sort of way. There's no denying that if you're in business then you need to be social networking and LinkedIn is probably the biggest business-centric platform out there right now. I recommend checking out this book.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy!, January 8, 2013
Horrible book! Almost nothing about Linkedin. Only generic advices about direct marketing. Loss of time and money!
I hate it!