Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Linksys E2500 (N600) Advanced Simultaneous Dual-Ba...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 67% off the $99.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
2-Year PC Peripherals Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Linksys E2500 (N600) Advanced Simultaneous Dual-Band Wireless-N Router
|Price:||$79.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$20.99 (21%)|
- Installing customer-supplied router
- Password protecting your network
- Connecting up to four internet-ready devices
- Providing use and troubleshooting instructions
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Enjoy the power of simultaneous dual-band Wireless-N (802.11n) technology with double the capacity for surfing the web
- Connect your computers, wireless printers, smartphones, and other wireless devices at up to 300 + 300 Mbps of transfer speed
- Double your network bandwidth with simultaneous dual bands (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) to help avoid interference
- Enjoy the superior range provided by a MIMO antenna array
- Use four Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps) ports to directly connect wired devices
- Give visitors password-protected Internet access on a separate network so your visitors have access to the Internet
- Keep your network protected with customizable security settings, including WPA/WPA2 Personal and SPI firewall protection
- Set up your wireless network in three easy steps using included Cisco Connect software
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Linksys E2500 (N600) Advanced Simultaneous Dual-Band Wireless-N Router
TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750 Dual Band Wireless AC Gigabit Router, 2.4GHz 450Mbps+5Ghz 1300Mbps, 2 USB Port, IPv6, Guest Network B00BUSDVBQ
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Data Transfer Rate||300 Megabits Per Second||450 Megabits Per Second||1750 Megabits Per Second||750 Megabits Per Second|
|Total Lan Ports||4||Information not provided||4||4|
|Wireless Comm Standard||802 11 N||802 11 ABGN||802 11 AC||802 11 ABGN|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
Dual-Band Wireless-N600 Router
Create a powerful home wireless network with double the capacity for surfing the Internet, streaming multimedia, and running applications simultaneously.
Advanced performance for active online households and home offices.
- Larger households and home offices
- Surfing the Web, emailing and printing wirelessly
- Connecting multiple devices
- Transferring and downloading large files
- Streaming multimedia and gaming
- High speed (up to 300 + 300 Mbps) for fast wireless transfer rates
- Extended range with MIMO antenna array
- Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps) ports to connect wired devices to the network
- Simultaneous dual-band to maximize throughput and help avoid network interference
Compare all of the Linksys Wi-Fi routers below and choose the one that's right for your home.
|Wireless Technology - Built with leading 802.11 technology for top performance and range||802.11N||802.11N||802.11N||802.11N||802.11N||802.11N||802.11AC|
|High Speed - Get fast transfer rates, perfect for surfing the web, sharing files and streaming media||300 |
|300 + 300 |
|300 + 300 |
|300 + 450 |
|450 + 450 |
|450 + 1300 |
|Advanced Security - WPA2 encryption and SPI Firewall to help keep your network protected||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Broad Compatibility - Works seamlessly with all b/g/n Wi-Fi devices||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Optimal Range - MIMO antenna array for expanded coverage and reliability|
|IPv6 Enabled - Supports the latest Internet Protocol technology to future-proof your network||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Cisco Connect Software - Quick three step setup, plus parental controls, instant guest access and easy network management||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Simultaneous Dual-Band - Double the network bandwidth to avoid interference and maximize throughput||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Quality of Service (QoS) - Traffic prioritization technology delivers smooth performance for music, voice and video||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Cisco Connect Cloud - Over time, continue to get new apps and capabilities that will enrich your connected lifestyle||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Gigabit Ports - Four 10/100/1000 ports to connect wired devices at speeds 10x faster than Ethernet||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|SpeedBoost - Increases signal strength across greater distances for added in-home mobility||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|USB Storage Port - Add external storage, printers and other devices to share across your network||1||1||2|
|Home Theater Ready - HD/3D quality performance for Internet ready TVs, media players, game consoles, and more||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|DLNA Certified Media Server - Automatically discover and play media across your network||Yes||Yes|
|SimpleTap Technology - Add Wi-Fi and NFC-Enabled Devices to Your Network||Yes|
The Cisco Advantage
Cutting-edge technology from the networking leader
24/7 award-winning customer support
One-year hardware limited warranty
|Bands:||Simultaneous 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz|
|Transmit/Receive:||2 x 2|
|OS Compatibility:||Windows, Mac|
|Software Setup||CD Install|
|Ethernet Ports x Speed||4 x 10/100|
|Cisco Connect Software:||Yes|
|USB Ports:||No USB Port|
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- PC: Wi-Fi enabled PC with CD or DVD drive, running Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP1 or later, Windows Vista SP1, or Windows 7
- Mac: Wi-Fi enabled Mac with CD or DVD drive, running OS X Leopard 10.5 or later, Snow Leopard 10.6 or later, or Lion 10.7 or later
- Web Browser: Internet Explorer 7, Safari 4, Firefox 3 or Chrome
- Linksys E2500 Advanced Dual-Band N Router
- CD-ROM with Setup Software and Resources
- Ethernet Cable
- Power Adapter
* Maximum performance derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Actual performance can vary, including lower wireless network capacity, data throughput rate, range and coverage. Performance depends on many factors, conditions and variables, including distance from the access point, volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, operating system used, mix of wireless products used, interference and other adverse conditions.
** May require a software/firmware update available for download at linksys.com/support.
Top Customer Reviews
The E2500 replaces my Refurbished Linksys WRT160N, which stopped working less than a year after I bought it. That was difficult to use from the start(btw, dd-wrt didn't fix the problem).
The E2500 is lightening fast. I tested streaming video and it worked great wirelessly on my laptop and bluray player all over my house. I recommend using the Easy Setup Key via Cisco Connect to connect a laptop, it was a breeze to use. You can have a Guest Network that has a separate password and doesn't allow guests access to certain files on the network. This is easy to setup via Cisco Connect and easy to turn off or on. Using Cisco Connect can replace going to the web-based router setup browser page for all of the basic setup needs and more.
The unit runs hot, but dint burn a whole in surface its on. There are no lights on the face of the router like prior model designs. The E2500 looks much sleeker.
So the router is FAST, was EASY TO INSTALL and I had 3 devices CONNECTED WITHIN 20 MINUTES.
I'm also an I/T professional, so I had a lot of fun puting this thing through its paces.
[Update November 9, 2012 - I modified this review slightly to eliminate confusion between my comments about the EA3500 and the older E4200. They're very similar devices. The big difference is that the EA3500 has a big faster top speed than the E4200, and there are ipad/android apps available for wizard configuration.)
Range is the most important part of a router to me, especially because signal strength is the biggest factor in speed. Even though the maximum speed advertised for a Wireless-N device is far higher, you can be sitting next to an B-wireless router and beat the pants off of an N-wireless device 100 feet away.
Linksys routers seem to abhor the idea of external antennae, which I always feel hurts them. Compared to the Asus RT-N66U, this system tended to be underpowered. My office registered the Asus at -45dBm, while this was at -55dBm.Read more ›
I have been dealing with the call quality issues that our customers experience mostly due to poor-quality routers for most of my career. I've put hands on just about SOHO device out there, and Linksys has always been a great product for the small office.
The best part of this line of Linksys devices is that Cisco bought the company but kept the easy-to-use software management in tact, only changing the brand name.
All of these Linksys devices for the past decade have generally built on the same competent administrative interface, which means that every time you upgrade, you have a familiar experience waiting for you.
One of the nicest features for me is the QoS settings. You can create policies by IP, port, protocol, and MAC address, and then assign a High Medium Low value to that device for Quality of Service.
In an office environment, if you had hard IP phones (like Polycom phones), you would want to put in the MAC of each phone and set it's QoS to High so that the router would automatically prioritize traffic from these devices over PCs and network storage, printers, etc.
For a home office, you would still want high priority for your phone, or if you were using a softphone on your computer you might give your laptop priority. Of course, assigning the priority to your laptop would mean that youtube would compete with your voice conversations, so in this case it might be better to establish a port and protocol QoS policy.Read more ›
***UPDATE June 27, 2011: Nothing has changed thus far...the router is still working perfectly fine.***
Let me begin by pointing out that I just purchased this yesterday, so I can't comment on the long-term reliability of this router. That being said, I had to post a review given that I'm very satisfied with the process thus far. I'll update this as time progresses.
This router was a replacement for my old WRT54G that served me well for about four years, but was acting up (dropping signal, slow connections, low range, etc). So I decided to purchase this model (E2500 as a replacement).
The whole time before this new router arrived I was dreading the prospect of setting it up given my experience with my old WRT54G router. As soon as it arrived, I followed the instructions in the packaging and then put the CD into my macbook to launch the installer. The installer itself simply involved pressing a few buttons and then it did the rest! My network was up and running in about five minutes- with the installer doing all the work for me.
What I did notice was that the installer created a guest account that wasn't protected like the main one. This concerned me, so I logged-in to the advanced settings using the router's IP address at 192.168.1.1 using my browser (you should preferably use the computer you used to setup the network because it's already connected to the network). I think the default is to leave the login name blank and to use your default network password as your login password.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This router works great in our home. Excellent price. Shipped to us on the 7th day and we received it next day.Published 2 days ago by Roger Martin
I still have been unable to install, it can't "find" link to my computer with the same working network cable my older router has used and now still is using. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Edepa
The Linksys is small and compact. It is incredibly easy to set up, and best of all, it has guest WiFi so your personal information is kept safe. Read morePublished 5 days ago by Cattrina
Would have liked it to have lights on front! Works good though!Published 6 days ago by Amazon Customer
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Wireless Routers in our Wireless Router Reviews.