Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

on October 7, 2015
Worked perfectly out of box with my ISP (Comcast). Have it connected to an Apple AirPort router, no problems there. Currently going on three days of uptime, previous modem (Motorola SB6141) would lose connection every few hours.
on May 3, 2013
I bought this modem to upgrade performance so that I can take advantage of the doubling of speed of Infinity cable service through Comcast. I placed this modem in service without any problems. There have been no issues with the modem's performance in the couple of months I have been using it.
on February 12, 2015
Purchased this to replace my DOCSIS 2.0 modem after I realized my plan's bandwidth exceeded it's abilities. Plugged it in, called Comcast, and it was activated without hassle, even though I did purchase used from Amazon. My download speed is now ~50 mbps instead of ~20 mpbs. Of course results vary depending on your location and plan, but this modem so far works well with Comcast Xfinity and hasn't yet crashed.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on September 5, 2015
Broke after 2 years. You will have a hard time getting it fixed. Says Cisco on the product, but company sold to Belkin and only Linksys will discuss the case. OF course no one will help either way and you will spend at least a couple of hours getting in contact with a service person that will even acknowledge that its their product. SO, it says Linksys on the box, the product is Cisco and good luck with NO support.
review image
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Hi Brad,

We value your time in posting this product review. We're sorry to hear about your recent experience with the device. Where did you purchase the unit? Have you tried performing a factory reset on your cable modem? Send us an email at LinksysCares@linksys.com with your contact details and the link to this post for reference.

Sincerely,

Linksys Support
on October 13, 2014
I was a little concerned by some of the reviews stating that it doesn't work with Comcast but it worked fine for me. I hooked up the modem and then tried to connect to the internet. I was presented with a screen that allowed me to register the unit with Comcast. Very easy to do. So far so good. Have been using it for a few weeks and it is fast. I have the 105MB plan and over wireless we see about 50MB down. If I connect directly to the modem or router, it is easily 105MB solid.
on June 23, 2012
Ive read through the good and bad reviews. Being an IT Manager I started to do my home work.

The low down, Cisco released a firmware upgrade, which ISP providers began to pump out, which kicked of a slew of random disconnections and resetting for many However; Cisco released a fix (in Early June) to the ISPs and they have fixed this by pushing this out.

I tried the Motorolla SB6121 first, 2 issues I had with it, one; it ran hott, two is was 4 channels downstream instead of 8 like the Cisco.

With that being said, I got 5-7mb faster on my cisco than I did the motorola.

My pick is the Cisco
66 comments|One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 25, 2015
I bought this refurbished modem to replace the one I am currently renting from RCN to save a few bucks a month. The modem worked fine after I installed it and called RCN to activate it. But after running several speed tests, I noticed that my upload speed was always at most 50% of what it used to be with my previous one (an ARRIS CM820) - ping and downstream were fine. So I decided to reboot the modem to see if it would do the trick. After I turned it back on, the modem never connected again. I tried everything, rebooting in every way possible, resetting, nothing worked. I actually believe the reset button is not working, since nothing happens when I press it. Usually, all lights (except for the power light) turn off when you reset a modem, but nothing happened with my unit. All lights kept flashing and the modem would not connect. I'm returning this modem and buying another one to see if I was just unlucky. The guys at RCN told me this is actually a pretty good modem, RCN uses it extensively (one guy told me RCN has about 20,000 of these). I guess my unit was damaged, hopefully I'll get another one that works.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 3, 2013
and Comcast will not address it because it because it is not their job and Cisco will not address because this division is not worth it, they have moved on. My unit appeared to be in working order, but after 30 minutes the Comcast tech gave up and tried a rental, worked the first time. So now I have a rental. Just look this model name + issues and you will see the discussion on Comcast website.
on March 31, 2014
A simple phone cal to Comcast and the modem was up and running, no problems. Buying one of these used or refurb is always a risk as a lot were on lease and not returned so the provider [who has a list of "stolen" MAC addresses] refuses to activate it. However that is definitely not the case buying here and all was good.
I am very pleased with the cosmetics [looked brand new] and the packaging was good, can recommend it to anyone looking for a fast modem. Installing this enables you to use a router of your own choice which is generally a good move compared to the combo device [modem+router in one] offerings.
on October 12, 2014
A status page or something would be nice but it was a painless procedure to switch to this modem. I called Comcast and told them I'd like to replace my existing modem with a new one, gave them the MAC address, 5 minutes later I was back online. The modem comes already in bridge mode so be sure you have your own router with a firewall and DHCP server. My speeds actually went up 8mbps when I switched to this new modem.