1,148 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars If you're having problems with this router...read this!
So, I purchased this router a little over a week ago and hooking it up was a breeze. However, I went to speedtest.net and checked my download speed...and I was supposed to be getting up to 20mbps download speed...but I was only getting around .80 mbps. Not good. I hooked my computer up directly to the cable to test and make sure it wasn't my internet provider. I got...
Published 18 months ago by R. Palm

The manufacturer commented on the review below
1.0 out of 5 stars I can't recommend this router or tech support
I would not recommend this router...or maybe its just the tech support. I was on the phone for the better part of the weekend with Comcast and Linksys. The router had been working fine for a few months before it started acting up. I called Comcast first who couldn't find anything wrong and I even switched the modem to eliminate that as an issue. I got on with Linksys...
Published on November 14, 2011 by James Fitzpatrick

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5115 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Frequent drops, slow speeds and poor range, October 1, 2012
This review is from: Linksys E1200 Wireless-N300 Router (Personal Computers)
I was planning to give my older dual-band Linksys router away so I bought this as a replacement. Whenever I tried to download a larger file it would kick me off the internet and I would have to power-cycle the router. That was enough to warrant returning it but the speeds were also significantly slower than my older router and the reason I didn't even want to try another one was the RANGE IS POOR. I've had a desktop upstairs for years connected (wirelessly) to my old router - but this router didn't have the range for it.

Back to using my old router it is.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good router. But, requires some firmware fix / upgrade, September 21, 2012
This review is from: Linksys E1200 Wireless-N300 Router (Personal Computers)
I bought this router this week for my home network. I had some initial setup issues. However, I was able to resolve those after a bit of internet research. This problem looks specific for Comcast customers (only Comcast customers have reported this problem in help forums).

After initial setup, the speed dropped to less than 0.5 meg while using WiFi and worked normally with Ethernet Cable. After a bit of research, I figured that disabling QoS setting will resolve this. Alternatively, you can switch to Wireless B/G network too. Both options made the router work wirelessly. Disabled QoS setup was faster than disabling Wireless N network. It works great after fixing these settings.

Though this router doesn't have QoS feature, the router admin page has this feature listed. Probably a firmware update from Cisco can resolve this issue.

If you are looking for a plug and play router, this router may not be of help for some of you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Such a PAIN...but it works now., September 19, 2012
This review is from: Linksys E1200 Wireless-N300 Router (Personal Computers)
I had to buy a replacement for my old Linksys (which I had for a good 8 years or so). Setting it up was really easy. I just had to insert the CD and it did everything for me. I picked my wi-fi ID and password and I was ready to go.

However, I realized it was extremely slow. Upon doing a speed test, I discovered I was getting 25mbps while connected to the cable modem but barely 1mbps when connected through wireless via my new router. After much research and careful reading of the seemingly hundreds of different links on the Cisco website, I found out that the firmware that was updated when I set up the router was not the most recent firmware available. I had to manually download the new firmware and install the firmware on the web-based setup page. It works fine now.

IMPORTANT TO NOTE: Make sure your firmware is up to date!! Apparently this is a Comcast issue but the Linksys website has an easy step-by-step way to fix this.

The Linksys EA series routers have automatic firmware updates. I probably would have looked into buying one of those so I wouldn't have to go through this trouble again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Default settings a problem with Comcast, May 12, 2012
This review is from: Linksys E1200 Wireless-N300 Router (Personal Computers)
Out of the box with a standard setup, the wireless download speed was really bad. I have Comcast and after researching the web a bunch about this issue, I found that a QoS setting had to be disabled for Wireless N to work right. Hopefully future firmware updates will take care of the issue. I've heard other service providers don't have this issue. Not sure why. Once I changed this setting, it appeared to be a good working router.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok router if you don't need tech support, January 30, 2012
This review is from: Linksys E1200 Wireless-N300 Router (Personal Computers)
I liked this router pretty well for the first month until it caused my internet speed to go from 6M to 30kbs. I tried re-installing software, did a reset, checked everything recommended on their website-all to no avail. In desparation I went online for a "chat". After 10 minutes or so a rep asked how I may be helped. I told her the router has gotten slow and I had to disconnect it to go online. She immediately asked if I could have done anything to cause the problem. I said no. She asked twice if I had the latest firmware, and twice if I had another computer to use for diagnosing the router. I said no, and I have the latest firmware. Then she inferred that the CATV company may have made changes in my internet speed. Is the router plugged in? Is the light on? I explained I got the fast speed by bypassing the router. All tech support would do is blame me and anyone else but Cisco/Linksys. I finally gave up and tried another power supply form an old Linksys router-it started working again, perfectly. The power supply transformer is defective! It would power the light, but not the router. I would not recommend this router to anyone who thinks they may need to get technical support for help in any situation. Make sure you can handle your own problems. The support is awful. Nothing about the router can fail-to them.
As for the router, it sets-up easily. There is only 1 light and it's on the rear, out of sight. There is no on/off switch. It's rather cheaply made. The range is the poorest I've had on any other router. I've not had any drops though. Except for the tech. support and the lousy, chintzy, power supply, I am ok with it. If I had to do it over again, I'd buy a Buffalo at a higher price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Router, Works Perfectly, October 27, 2011
This review is from: Linksys E1200 Wireless-N300 Router (Personal Computers)
I bought this router to replace a TrendNET router that I previously owned that was giving me inconsistent wireless signals. I wasn't too concerned with blazing fast Mbps speeds, or a huge wireless range, but was looking for a great basic (and reliable) router. After doing some online research, I decided on the E1200 model and couldn't have been more pleased. Here are my PROs on the router (I've had the router for about 2 months and have no CONs):

- Excellent wireless signal strength. I live in a longer apartment with the router on one end. I have no problem receiving a signal anywhere in the unit. If I had a larger house, I likely would have bought the next model up.

- Extremely reliable signal. I have never had connection issues.

- Extremely easy set-up. Using the setup guide and my desktop PC, setup literally took 5 minutes (from unboxing to use).

- Works great for all types of devices. This includes PC and Mac computers, smartphones, gaming systems, etc. I've never had an issue.

- Great speed. General Internet use, file downloading/uploading, and online gaming all work without an issue. I'm more limited by my ISP (Time Warner) than will ever be an issue with the router.

- Great design. Some people have complained about the location of the lights on the back of the device, but for me, this is a plus. Based on my router's placement (near the TV), the lights do not distract my vision.

If you're looking for a basic wireless router for home use, I highly recommend the E1200. The router works flawlessly and the price (especially with Prime shipping), is hard to beat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for the price, October 23, 2011
Anita (Austin, TX, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Linksys E1200 Wireless-N300 Router (Personal Computers)
This not my first Linksys product. I've had my first wireless router for years, just started having a few problems. Customer service is top notch. This new router is much faster. I would highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars 4 Months and running non-stop, October 21, 2011
This review is from: Linksys E1200 Wireless-N300 Router (Personal Computers)
Its been 4 months i am using this router non-stop. There wasn't any drops or any other issues. Installation was just less than 5 minutes matter.
I feel the range should have been better because at a distance of 20 ft, the range starts diminishing. It doesn't completely loses the signal till 50ft though(or may be more if there are no obstructions). 20ft in my case may be due to the walls present inbetween.

Overall i love this product.

After almost 1 year:
Its been 1 year and its running without any issues. Not even a single drop in signal till now.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Linksys E1200 Solved My Problems, August 20, 2011
This review is from: Linksys E1200 Wireless-N300 Router (Personal Computers)
I'm always one to go to the reviews before ordering. And, there is always someone who doesn't like any product. But, the Linksys E1200 was just the solution for me with the right mix of features and a great price. I was replacing a very old router that slowly went from intermittent failures to permanently dead. The Linksys E1200 set up was a breeze, even locking down for security and allowing access for household guests. It's been performing flawlessly. For the most part, I use the wireless feature to connect with my DVD player that is on a lower level of the house. The connectivity and data rates are great and the NetFlix downloads make watching movies a joy. I strongly recommend the Linksys E1200 for anyone who has basic needs to set up a wireless connectivity in their home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed Comcast customer, June 28, 2011
This review is from: Linksys E1200 Wireless-N300 Router (Personal Computers)
This is just what I dreamed of: a working, simple to use, even simpler to set up router. The router Comcast had supplied me was an SMC router. It would not work with my iPad 2 and it has a known history on the Web to disconnect wireless devices every so often. So I tried this. Wow, this is amazing. It comes with software that sets up the router for you! The software even allows to to easily change the name of your router and its password whenever you feel like it. Best purchase I've ever made from this site.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5115 | Next ›