5.0 out of 5 stars As I said about its little brother, you can't go wrong
After an unfortunate power spike that fried 3 of the 8 ports on my old switch, I felt that as long as I need to replace, I may as well upgrade at the same time.
Published on April 8, 2003 by hoagamaniac

1.0 out of 5 stars Great when it works
The unit is very easy to install, and works right out of the box. Given the prevalence of wireless devices, switches like this are indeed coming down in price, and make for an easy addition to any home or small business network.

However...

Within 5 months of my purchase, the uplink port (#16) stopped working. After much troubleshooting with their...
Published on January 8, 2013 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars As I said about its little brother, you can't go wrong, April 8, 2003
hoagamaniac "hoagamaniac" (College Park, MD United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Linksys EZXS16W EtherFast 10/100 16-Port Workgroup Switch (Personal Computers)
With the expansion of the wireless market, switches like these are coming down in price. Life is good. If you can accomodate the wiring it's tough to beat the Mbps/cost ratio that wired networking provides.
This switch is just as easy as its little brother. Plug it in, plug in the CAT5 and you are up and running. The LEDs let you know at a glance if there are any collision or speed issues.
This switch provides enough performance to share the DSL connection, play skipless music and video over the network and make the transfer of large files quick and easy.
With 16 ports, I doubt I will be filling out the switch anytime soon and I will probably upgrade to Gigabit networking before then anyways.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Switch for Home use, June 3, 2004
Paul S. "Paul" (Boyds, MD United States) - See all my reviews
I just purchased this switch and it works great. Here's some of the reasons why I recommend it.
Works great and it's relatively cheap. 5 minutes out of the box and it was up and running. I own several Linksys equipment and have not had any problems.
It stacks well with other linksys equipment. I also have a cable/DSL router and this switch has the same footprint so they stack together. Beware of the linksys 5 port or 8 port switches, they are much smaller and will not stack on top of a Linksys Cable/DSL router or Wireless router. The pictures make them look the same but make sure you look at the dimensions of the item.
The ethernet cables run into the back of the unit. I think this is plus for home use since it keeps the desk less cluttered. You can tell the status of the connection on the front without the cables everywhere like the Netgear switches.
Highly recommend this switch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best switch for home use, November 16, 2002
"pprotus2" (Cornelius, Oregon United States) - See all my reviews
Had one of these for over a year. It is extremely reliable,
works with all of my other equipment (including Cisco),
and has lots of flashing lights (status LEDs). If I could
find any new ones for sale under [X]/each, then I'd
purchase two more.

5.0 out of 5 stars I was sick and tired of another company's Switches, August 21, 2011
In my smart home, I had been using both the 8-port as well as the 16-port Giga bit switches from Netgear, for the past 3 years. I had to return them for exchange more than 3 times after they failed to perform, since they have a lifetime warranty. I was sick and tired of going to UPS and paying $19.99 each time for 2-way shipping and the service interruptions. I finally decided to buy the Cisco-Linksys switch despite it not being a Giga bit. So far it has worked as well as you expect it to after using for 30 days. I cannot rate their technical support or warranty services, since the item has worked without any problems. I will update my review in the future should I need to.

5.0 out of 5 stars No Problems, February 21, 2005
Kristi Branstetter (Raytown, Missouri United States) - See all my reviews
I have owned this product since last summer. I have not had any problems with it. The switch was easy to set up and install. I currently have four pcs hooked up to the switch. My switch is hooked up to a Linksys 4-port router.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great!, March 8, 2004
By A Customer
Speaking to reliability, our company (one of the DOW companies) bought several of these for a testing group over network products that our own company makes! We have used them for over a year now and have had absolutely no problems with any of them. I highly recommend them for cost and reliability.

5.0 out of 5 stars Performs as Advertised., March 16, 2007
Robert Kaufman (Salt Lake City, UT United States) - See all my reviews
For those of us who just don't want to live in the half-duplex single-pipeline, high-latency low-reliability world of wireless, this switch is the perfect centerpiece of a home network. It's cheap, fast, and reliable. Of course, you'll need copper in your walls and an a socket in each room, but once you've got that in place, you'll have a home network that isn't susceptible to your daughter's cell phone, the kitchen microwave or your neighbor's motion detector.

5.0 out of 5 stars Linksys EZXS16W 16 Port Work Group Switch, January 11, 2009
Linksys EZXS16W EtherFast 10/100 16-Port Workgroup Switch
Delivery was fast, installation was simple and unit automatically connected every one in the workgroup without any problems. Some PC's were running Win XP and one is running Vista, they all connect to an SBC Global Gateway for their internet connection through the switch. Switch does not generate much heat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plug and Play, July 12, 2011
Steve Mullenix (Mount Olive, AL, US) - See all my reviews
Got this item for my drug store LAN, when added a hosted phone system. Older router only had 10 ports, needed more for the phone system. It was trully PLUG and PLAY. Worked from day 1, and a lot cheaper than buying a 16 or 20 port router. I would reccomend it for anyone looking for simular item.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good.., June 30, 2011
RongGe (California, USA) - See all my reviews
This product have been installed in the attic of my house. It has been over a year and it is still working fine. The case have warped a little due to the heat from being enclosed in a attic. This device was used to distribute LAN to every room in my house. There are plenty of ports to work for a small home network.