Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 22 questions
votes
My understanding is that it is going to be from the day of purchase. You will have to register online with Linksys and they will ask the date of purchase. The warranty will be from whatever date you enter for purchase date. (keep in mind you will most likely need to have your purchase receipt if you need warranty coverage).
Nov 9, 2012 by Mark Pass
votes
Hi, We posted your question in our Community Forums where a user replied with some information and a link for the hardware information of the device. Link: http://community.linksys.com/t5/Social-Media-Support/Amazon-Q-amp-A-E3200-Voltage-rating/td-p/637318 Thanks, Linksys Support http://support.linkys.com
May 7, 2013 by Linksys Cares
votes
They just came out with 1.0.0.3 Build 9 firmware... try it and see if there's any improvement
Mar 3, 2012 by P. Wolter
votes
Any storage you attach to a wi fi router will be very slow, especially compared to wired links. There are several reasons for this but the most important one is a router is designed to make sure no one link/channel sucks up the entire bandwidth that is available. If you had a "business" router you could establish rules that would let you work around this but consumer models are made to be "user friendly". You *might* be able to tweak the "game" settings to allow greater throughput but then you would have to set up your storage programs to use certain ports. IMO you are better off using wired LANs (and/or one of the four Ethernet ports on the router) for heavy duty storage transfers. However, this unit will do just fine if all you need are routine backups (especially at night) and nominal file access by a few users. I have 1TB attached through the USB port and another 2TB attached via wireless and while transfers are slow they are acceptable for home use. Note that USB is going to be the slowest of all choices with a router, behind wi fi (a bit faster) and ethernet (very fast).
Oct 9, 2011 by Calvin
votes
No, it wasn't necessary to install the CD info on the other computers, only the one making the initial set up. My Kindle Fire connected easily as did another family member's Mac laptop. All that was needed was the password. Couldn't have been easier.
Mar 10, 2013 by Admin
votes
of course it doesn't ... dd-wrt - custom firmware
Jul 3, 2014 by Anatolii Teselko
votes
Have you tried a hard reset? With the device powered on, push the reset button for 30+ seconds. After the hard reset power cycle it one more time. It will erase any settings from the device, but it is kind of the last option before buying a new router. You will have to connect through ethernet cable.
Jun 17, 2014 by smikel
votes
Probably yes, but I'm not 100% sure that understand You correct. Could You please explain what do You mean?
Jun 6, 2014 by Anatolii Teselko
votes
Yes that's how I have mine hooked up. It's very simple to do.
May 27, 2014 by TK
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers