5.0 out of 5 stars Unfairly maligned ?
Published on July 15, 2009 by rwizard

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the Greatest Seller
Published on June 5, 2012 by Denise M Ferrara

5.0 out of 5 stars Unfairly maligned ?, July 15, 2009
This review is from: Linksys PAP2T-NA (Electronics)
I'm not sure why the previous two reviewers had difficulties, and I'm not doubting that they did, but this device is widely used, and has a pretty good track record. I even use them in my home, I have installed them for others, and I take one on the road with me for remote access to my phone lines. Biggest trick is understanding the settings, and not accidentally purchasing one which is locked to some iffy provider (no names, please). Hard to beat for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, September 29, 2010
This review is from: Linksys PAP2T-NA (Electronics)
This little box connected to the internet provides you the ability to use your analog (POTS) phones without having to pay the phone company. I have had it for a couple years and it does well. This one is unlocked so I use sipgate and google voice as my phone provider. Sipgate charges a couple dollars a month to provide it with 911 as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing sound quality, October 8, 2011
This review is from: Linksys PAP2T-NA (Electronics)
When I first purchased my pap2t I didn't know about countdown timer in the web interface. This explains why it takes a few minutes to connect to the VOIP service. I thought something was wrong with the technology. However now that I understand how the technology works I have had problem free phone service ever since. I have my entire home office wired up to this thing. Three phones, an MSNTV and a fax machine. While it takes a few seconds longer to connect a call than an analog phone line does that's the only real draw back. Once calls are connected it's fast and the sound quality is three times better than an analog phone line. It's like digitally remastering the audio quality of your phone calls.

I use a local company called Xmission who has a AAA+ rating for great service. All my long distance calling is free plus every other calling feature you could want is free too. Now that I am able to use VOIP for my phone service, I don't have to rely on the regular phone company anymore. Thus I'm saving hundreds of dollars every year. Plus the PAP2T gives me access to much better phone technology.

Unlike the older PAP2's, these are very easy to unlock. Compact you can wall mount them in a closet somewhere and forget their even there. Just like my 2wire DSL modem. PAP2 is a really hardy piece of equipment which almost takes care of itself. Overall I really like the PAP2T great VOIP interface. Easy to use. And best of all because it works just like analog phone service without the high price, the next house guest who asks to use your phone, will never know their using digital phone service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect choice, February 8, 2011
This review is from: Linksys PAP2T-NA (Electronics)
I chose this ATA as it is a well known performer with many VoIP sites having detailed configuration and support information. Works exactly as planned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed., July 18, 2012
e40 (Piedmont, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Linksys PAP2T-NA (Electronics)
My goal was to stop paying $25/month on a land-line I rarely used, and this device is just the ticket. I use it with Linux, Asterisk, and FreePBX, but I believe you can use it standalone with a VoIP provider.

5.0 out of 5 stars As advertized, November 22, 2011
This review is from: Linksys PAP2T-NA (Electronics)
Appears you pretty much have to buy online, nowhere to look at them. Bought one from an offshore dealer that looked legitimate, but later read they are mostly fakes and it burned out in about 4 months, so hoping for better and relying on better guarantees via Amazon if not. Set up quickly with instructions from my virtual phone company as posted online and works well with two phone hook ups. Good sound, functions, etc.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works with Vocalocity, May 4, 2011
This review is from: Linksys PAP2T-NA (Electronics)
I only rate it a '4' because I have only had it a short time - I can't vouch for reliability, etc. Also, it does not have an "ethernet out" port (a router), and so any place I would use this I might also have to add a cheap router so as to not monopolize the ethernet plug in a wall.

Functionally, this was something I'd wanted for a long time. We are happy with Vocalocity, except that any kind of cordless phone or speaker phone was about $700. With this device we can buy cheap-ass cordless phones from Costco and the standard PolyCom conference phone and connect them to our VoIP service. Vocalocity told me they DO NOT SUPPORT this device - yeah, no wonder.

To configure, read the Vocalocity instructions for configuring the soft-phone that they support. I only needed to plug in 3 or 4 values, and it just worked.

My next purchase will be the Cisco product that is visually identical to this, with the addition of an 'ethernet out' port. We will find these in many conference rooms in this office... soon.
--------
One little known fact (at least to me...); you can use several of these on the same VoIP "extension", provided the phones are only used to "dial out". This is perfect for conference lines! Again... no wonder Vocalocity doesn't want to support these.

5.0 out of 5 stars as expected, July 22, 2013
This review is from: Linksys PAP2T-NA (Electronics)
Quick response to questions product works as expected. one two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven twelve

4.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm, December 15, 2012
Conor Donnelly (Minneapolis, MN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Linksys PAP2T-NA (Electronics)
I ordered one of these for use with VOIP.MS service. Easy to set up, lots of configuration options and very clear call quality. Highly recommend for anyone who wants a home phone number for around 3-5 dollars a month.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the Greatest Seller, June 5, 2012
Denise M Ferrara "Denise" (Denver, CO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Linksys PAP2T-NA (Electronics)
So I guess I should have waited to purchase my PAP2 until my internet problem at home was resolved but I didn't. It therefore took me about 5-6 weeks before I was able to test out the device which does not work. The seller will not accept the defective item because I waited too long to try to return it. I paid over $70 for the ATA device and now have to go out and buy a new one. I will not use this seller again and I probably will look to purchase an ATA device from a different manufacturer.

Linksys PAP2T-NA