From the Manufacturer
Create a maximum performance wireless home network.
Enjoy unrivaled speed and HD/3D quality streaming for the ultimate home theater and gaming experience.
Best-in-class performance for home entertainment, ideal for:
- Networking large, multi-room homes and home theaters
- Streaming HD video and music plus multiplayer gaming
- Transferring and downloading large files
- Connecting multiple users and devices – TVs, Blu-ray players and game consoles
- Adding storage and printers
The Cisco Advantage
- Cutting edge technology from the networking leader
- Best-in-class security
- 24/7 Award-winning customer support
- One year hardware limited warranty
See how the E4200v2 stacks up against the rest of the Linksys E-Series routers below.
- Maximum speed (up to 450 + 450 Mbps) for faster HD video streaming
- Simultaneous dual-band to maximize throughput and help avoid network interference
- Maximum range and reliability with full 3x3 MIMO antenna array
- Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000 Mbps) ports for speeds 10x faster than Ethernet
- USB port to add storage and printers
Maximum Wireless Speed
The Linksys E4200v2 offers leading wireless speeds for fast video and music streaming. Connect your computers, Internet-ready TVs, game consoles, and other Wi-Fi devices at transfer rates up to 450 + 450 Mbps speed for a premium home network experience.
Superior Wireless Coverage
Built with leading 802.11n wireless technology, the Linksys E4200v2 offers maximum range to create a powerful wireless network. Full 3x3 MIMO antenna array boosts signal strength to provide exceptional coverage and reliability so you can enjoy your wireless network from anywhere in your home.
The Power of Dual-Band
Double your network bandwidth with dual-band N (2.4 and 5 GHz) designed to avoid interference and maximize throughput for smoother and faster HD video streaming, file transfers, and wireless gaming.
Higher quality antenna technology helps to maintain high speeds across greater distances throughout your home for maximum wireless coverage and in-home mobility.
Benefits of Gigabit
Use the four Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000) ports for quick file sharing, 10x faster than standard Ethernet, between other Gigabit-enabled devices like computers, hard drives, and servers.
Keep Wi-Fi freeloaders and Internet threats at bay with WPA2 encryption and SPI firewall to help keep your network protected.
Built-in USB Port and UPnP Media Server
The USB port lets you add storage and printers to your network. The built-in UPnP AV Media Server enables seamless streaming of your video and media files to an Xbox 360, PS3, or other UPnP compatible device.
Home Theater Ready
Bring the ultimate entertainment experience to your home by connecting computers, Internet-ready TVs, game consoles, media players and more to your wireless network and the Internet. QoS traffic prioritization technology designed to deliver your timesensitive Internet traffic efficiently so you can enjoy fast downloads, smooth video and music streaming, and gaming and VoIP.
The Linksys E4200v2 supports the latest Internet Protocol technology to future-proof your network.
|Bands:||Simultaneous 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz|
|Transmit/Receive:||3 x 3 on 2.4 and 5 GHz|
|Ethernet Ports x Speed:||4 x Gigabit|
|USB:||Yes, Shared Storage, Virtual USB and Media Server|
|OS Compatibility:||Windows, Mac|
Minimum System Requirements
- Internet Browser: Internet Explorer 7, Safari 4, or Firefox 3 or higher for optional browser-based configuration
- PC: Wi-Fi enabled PC with CD or DVD drive, running Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP1, or Windows 7
- Mac: Wi-Fi enabled Mac with CD or DVD drive, running OS X Leopard 10.5.8 or later or Snow Leopard 10.6 or later
- Linksys Linksys E4200v2 Maximum Performance Dual-Band N900 Router
- Ethernet Cable
- Power Adapter
Package Dimensions12.00” x 9.25” x 2.88 in
* Maximum performance derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Actual performance can vary, including lower wireless network capacity, data throughput rate, range and coverage. Performance depends on many factors, conditions and variables, including distance from the access point, volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, operating system used, mix of wireless products used, interference and other adverse conditions.
Linksys Wireless-N Router Comparison
|Wi-Fi Max Speed||300 Mbps||300 Mbps||600 Mbps||600 Mbps||900 Mbps|
-A, -B, -G
-A, -B, -G
-A, -B, -G
|Bands||Single-band 2.4 GHz||Single-band 2.4 GHz||Simultaneous |
2.4 + 5 GHz
2.4 + 5 GHz
2.4 + 5 GHz
|2 x 2||2 x 3||2 x 2||2 x 3||3 x 3|
|Power Amplifiers||Integrated On-Chip||External Off-Chip||Integrated On-Chip||External Off-Chip |
|External Off-Chip |
|Ports||4 x 10/100||4 x 10/100||4 x 10/100||4 x Gigabit |
1 x USB
|4 x Gigabit |
1 x USB
|USB Features||Shared Storage |
|Shared Storage |
|Parental Controls||Time of Day Access Controls |
Specific Website Blocking
|Guest Wi-Fi Access||Separate SSID for guests keeps your WiFi private|
|Wireless Security||WEP, WPA and WPA2 Personal and Enterprise, RADIUS|
|Warranty||1 year hardware limited warranty, 90 days complimentary assisted support|
|Package Contents||Router, AC Adapter, CD-ROM with setup software, Ethernet Network Cable, Quick Start Guide|
|Setup Software CD||Cisco Connect |
Windows XP SP3, Vista SP1 or later, Windows 7
Mac OS X 10.5, 10.6