From the Manufacturer Get connected without wires. The Linksys by Cisco Wireless-N Home Router (WRT120N) is an affordable, basic wireless router for sharing a broadband Internet connection and accessing files from almost anywhere in the home. It's a perfect wireless solution for those new to home networking who want the speed advantage of Wireless-N.
Wireless-N Home Router
- Wireless router shares the internet, printing and storage with multiple computers
- Double the speed of G when used with other Wireless-N devices but also works great with older G products
- Includes four Fast Ethernet ports for your wired computers and devices
- Powerful encryption protects the router’s wireless signal and a built-in firewall helps guard your computers from Internet attacks
- Push button setup feature helps make wireless configuration more secure and simple (Wi-Fi Protected Setup™)
- Easy to install on a Windows PC or Mac with Network Magic™
Step up to the speed of Wireless-N!
Get connected without wires. The Wireless-N Home Router gives you a wireless connection that's twice the speed of Wireless-G so your whole family can share a broadband Internet connection and access files from almost anywhere in the house.
Wireless-N technology lets you surf the web from the living room, play on-line games from the bedroom, and listen to your digital music in the kitchen. The extra speed lets you connect more devices, and move files faster. And Wireless-N works great with your older devices, too.
Keep your digital files in one place, and share them from any computer on your network. Four built-in 10/100 Ethernet ports make it easy to connect additional wired computers, storage, printers, and other wired devices to your network.
Security Made Simple
Wireless security and firewall protection help safeguard your home network and computers from most Internet attacks.
Wireless-N Home Router Ports
Setup and Installation
- Includes Network Magic Basic do-it-yourself tools to set up, manage and secure your network.
- Share Internet connections, printers and files
- Block intruders from accessing your wireless network
- Troubleshoot and repair problems quickly
- Setup Wizards for both Windows and MacOS X computers
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ helps make wireless configuration secure and push-button easy
- Clearly labeled, color-coded 10/100 Fast Ethernet ports and connection points on the back of the router
- LED indicators on the front of the router that clearly communicate connections and functionality
Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ helps make wireless configuration secure and push-button easy. Just push a button on the router and on other Wi-Fi Protected Setup-enabled wireless devices to automatically create a WPA2 connection that helps protect data and privacy with up to 128-bit industrial-strength encryption. The Router can serve as a DHCP Server, has a powerful SPI firewall to help protect PCs against intruders and most known Internet attacks, supports VPN pass-through, and can be configured to filter internal users' access to the Internet. Advanced configuration is simple through a web browser-based interface.
PerformanceMany Ways to Connect
- Connect notebook and desktop computers and other devices such as storage or printers without running cables or drilling through walls
- The integrated 4-port, full-duplex 10/100 switch facilitates the connection of computers or Ethernet-enabled devices such as printers, cameras and storage into the home network
- Connects the home network to the Internet via a cable or DSL (ADSL) modem
Design & Environmental
- The sleek and stylish product silhouette eliminates external antennas and looks good anywhere in the home
- Sturdy, robust design keeps obstinate cables in place
- The external power supply meets ENERGY STAR requirements
- Product packaging and documents made from minimum 80% recycled content and printed with vegetable-based ink
Works Best With
For optimal performance the Wireless-N Home Router (WRT120N) can be used with these other great Linksys by Cisco products:
- Model No: WRT120N
- Standards: IEEE 802.3u, 802.11g, 802.11b, draft 802.11n
- LEDs: Power, Internet, Wireless, Wi-Fi Protected Setup™, Ethernet (1-4)
- Dimensions: 7.99" x 1.38" x 6.3"
- Weight: 8.4oz (0.238 kg)
- Wireless-N Home Router
- Setup software and User Guide on CD-ROM
- Ethernet network cable
- Quick Installation Guide
- Power adapter
- Internet Explorer 6.0, Safari 3.0, or Firefox 1.0
- CD-ROM drive
- Network Magic Basic Software requires up-to-date Windows XP, Vista or Vista 64-bit Edition
- Setup Wizard also runs under MAC OS X 10.4 or higher
Which Linksys by Cisco router is right for me?
Each router can perform functions beyond the checkmarks above, however the checks represent the optimal usage for each router.
** Not all products available in all locations. Specifications are subject to change without notice. Linksys, Cisco, and the Cisco logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and certain other countries. Copyright © 2009 Cisco Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.
*Maximum performance derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Actual performance can vary, including lower wireless network capacity, data throughput rate, range and coverage. Performance depends on many factors, conditions and variables, including distance from the access point, volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, operating system used, mix of wireless products used, interference and other adverse conditions.