5.0 out of 5 stars Love this yarn
I picked this up at our local Michaels store and absolutely love it. I've used it to crochet a granny style lap blanket and knitted a scarf with it. It is super soft and nice to work with. When I first looked at it I thought it was slightly bigger than worsted, but it is not, just fluffy :-)

I will buy this yarn again
Published on October 25, 2007 by Pris

3.0 out of 5 stars What's with the Price
Colors look nice for an acrylic yarn, but what's with the price. You can order direct from Lion Brand and pay $3.99 a skein. It's even cheaper at my local store.
Published on October 2, 2010 by RM

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Yarns galora, August 12, 2010
This review is from: Vanna's Choice Yarn-Black (Kitchen)
I really did like the yarn as for the texture but I do think that they should have offered a little bit more yarm for the price. I like to knit a lot but I amnily like to knit quilts so I got this yarn in order make pathces for my quilt but to tell you the truth I only got to make about severn pathces I was very diappointed but overal I would reccomned this to other knitters

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful yarn!!!, February 23, 2013
I purchased a couple of this color in a retail store and now am buying more through Amazon to finish making my afghan. It's a beautiful color, especially when you crochet it up. I wanted to write this because the previous and only review on this is misleading. The previous review stated something about not finding the end of the yarn. All the yarn I think I've ever bought(and I've made many queen size afghans) has always been tucked in the end. So, I wanted to show that this product really is a great product. Thanks Vanna!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, October 27, 2011
I just started knitting and this was my first yarn. I'd prefer something that didn't split into two this easily. But it got the job done. Great color and quality is good.

2.0 out of 5 stars good for what it was, October 25, 2011
This review is from: Vanna's Choice Yarn-Black (Kitchen)
this item was listed as "baby weight" yarn. IT IS NOT BABY WEIGHT!! it is a medium weight. other than it being misrepresented as baby weight yarn is is a good product so i cant really give it a 1 star vote . it is also overpriced for what it is. the same quality and weight yarn can be purchased at walmart for less than half what i was charged.
as i said, it is a good quality product but it is not as advertised.

5.0 out of 5 stars So much lovely yarn!, August 29, 2011
The product is exactly what I wanted - five brand new skeins of Vanna's Choice Yarn in Charcoal Grey. The product shipped on time, and according to the online tracker was delivered on time, but I didn't receive it for two additional weeks - this is not the seller's fault, but a mistake on the post office's part. However, when I contacted the seller to find out how the product was shipped in order to help the post office track down the package, I did not receive a response for nearly a week, and the response was unhelpful, not at all containing the information for which I had inquired. Ah well, at least it has finally arrived and the quality is satisfactory!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, May 4, 2011
This review is from: Vanna's Choice Yarn-Black (Kitchen)
Very soft, and durable. I bought this because i wanted to make armwarmers for friends, but i had a limited amount of colors. This will open up more color combinations for me to use for friends and family :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Where did Amazon get this price?, June 23, 2012
This review is from: Vanna's Choice Yarn-Black (Kitchen)
Amazon is usually my go to for just about everything! But, really!? I can get this at Walmart for half this price, And is I have a coupon, I can go to michaels, Joanne's , or ac Moore and get it for even less!,
Unless you're housebound, with no friends or relatives, go to the store!

5.0 out of 5 stars bright red, December 11, 2010
What I wanted was a bright cherry red yarn, but the price was right on this yarn, which looked a little duller than I hoped for. Turns out that the photo depicts the yarn as being darker than it really is - it is definitely bright red! So it worked out anyway

4.0 out of 5 stars Live this yarn, September 20, 2014
Vanna's Choice and Vanna's Choice Baby from Lion Brand are my favorite yarns to use for all my projects. Period. They are premium acrylic yarns in worsted weight. They are the softest acrylic yarns that I have found anywhere near this price point. Most acrylic yarns I've used are scratchy and have tremendous drag when knitting or crocheting. Not this yarn. It is soft, smooth, and the hooks or needles glide right through it. I can't stand "cardboard" yarn.

I had been ordering it from the Lion Brand website because the local craft and fabric stores carry a limited variety and quantity. I had no idea Amazon carried it. Many of the colors are much cheaper on Amazon and have Prime shipping. Some are twice as much or are an add on item. Whether you get it here or elsewhere on line, be warned that the colors don't always match. Sometimes they are darker, like the Colonial Blue, sometimes it's brighter like the very vibrant aqua, and sometimes it's a different tone all together, like the Sapphire Blue which actually has a dark almost real undertone. It's a chance you take when buying from a photo anywhere on the internet. This green is a perfect match in person.

While it's easier to buy everything from the website, you can save some serious money buying on Amazon if you take your time to compare prices on the different colors. However, there is a serious trade off. You don't get all the same lot number. That's not a big deal if your using multiple colors interchangeably on a project, but it is if you are making a solid colored item.

My experience even with the same lot numbers is that there are some quality control issues. The colors match fine but sometimes one skein is a tad bit shinier than the next, and the texture of the yarn can be different from one skein to the next, or even within the same skein! It's rare but it does happen. They will be the same ply but the yarn itself gets much thinner. Again, it depends on your project if this will be an issue.

All I can say is if you are buying it directly from Amazon and not one of the market place sellers and you notice this problem, you can return it. I think the savings is worth it for the projects I make such as multicolored afghans, blankets, slouchy hats, market bags, yarn bags, etc. it is just so soft!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Yarn, December 16, 2010
Smiley (Brooklyn, NY) - See all my reviews
I crocheted some awesome ski hats that made the perfect gift!
I would definitely use this yarn again however I did find it
at a substantially lower price.

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

Vanna's Choice Yarn-Black
$10.90
In stock. Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.