5.0 out of 5 stars Fun
Note that you will need to add at least a five inch track secton to each side of this to make it work. You can buy these also on Amazon. Without these, the curves won't come together at the crossover. You can also just buy the Figure 8 track pack. I copied my review of that below:

We started with a basic set that had an oval. At some point, the oval got...
Published 16 months ago by Beabea

3.0 out of 5 stars Unable to use
At the time I ordered the Crossover, I thought I would be able to use it with my New Lionel Pennsylevania Train Set. It was not made clear to me I would have to purchase another Train Track Set. But maybe I can use it next year when I buy another Section of train tracks.
Published 6 months ago by Suzanne Thornton

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, February 23, 2013
Beabea (Chicago, Illinois USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lionel FasTrack 90-Degree Crossover (Toy)

We started with a basic set that had an oval. At some point, the oval got boring so we added the figure 8. I don't know why, but it is fun to watch a train go around on a figure 8. The Fastrack criss cross track works well and trains do not derail when going across it.

Around the same time that we bought the figure 8 track, we moved from having our set on the living room floor to putting it on a 4' x 8' plywood table in the basement. From there, we started adding switches to create an oval around the figure 8. To me, within the constraints of a 4 x 8 layout, a figure 8 embedded in an oval is about as good as it gets in terms of having an interesting layout.

My recommendation is to start with the figure 8 and then, as your finances allow, buy some switches and track to connect the sides of the figure 8 into an oval. There are two challenges with this. First, switches cost around $40 each. Second, the gap to close the side of the track by the switches is an odd length of 30.91 inches. What worked for me was to close each side of the loop with (2) 10 inch tracks + (1) 5 inch track + (3) 1.375 inch tracks + (1) 1.75 inch track. This leaves a gap of about 1/32" but there is enough flex in the track to make this work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fit, good product!, December 28, 2012
This review is from: Lionel FasTrack 90-Degree Crossover (Toy)
I am very pleased with this product, it was just what I expected and found it easy to connect to my existing set. Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lionel Fastrack crossover, December 10, 2012
This review is from: Lionel FasTrack 90-Degree Crossover (Toy)
This crossover is new from Lionel, and sold by Amazon. It is just what I need to expand the train layout around the Christmas tree this year. It works perfectly, just as advertised. The price was excellent, and the shipping was free. Amazon does the best job of all in providing merchandise at the best possible price. THANKS.

5.0 out of 5 stars FasTrack Parts are Great, December 9, 2012
This review is from: Lionel FasTrack 90-Degree Crossover (Toy)
What else can I say about FasTrack that has not been said; easy to to keep clean, easy to put together. 'nuff said

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price for 90 x, September 17, 2012
This review is from: Lionel FasTrack 90-Degree Crossover (Toy)
I bought this piece to expand train layout. Now I can connect two diffent layouts. It was easy to connect and use as with all Fast track pieces. I bought at a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have, April 23, 2014
This review is from: Lionel FasTrack 90-Degree Crossover (Toy)
Works great, needed to form a figure 8 track layout. Snaps together with all of the other fas track pieces.

4.0 out of 5 stars FasTrack 90 Degree Crossover, March 2, 2014
This review is from: Lionel FasTrack 90-Degree Crossover (Toy)
FasTrack 90 Degree cross, just add 4 half-straights and 2 curves to get your perfect figure 8. Hmmm what else to say, well its FasTrack, nice and easy to use, holds together with ease, easier to maintain then traditional tubular track. Comes in a variety of prefab sizes, for your convenience.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but $$$, August 18, 2013
This review is from: Lionel FasTrack 90-Degree Crossover (Toy)
Lionel Fastrack is a great idea. The ready road bed simplifys assembly. Lionel takes advantage of the buyer by pricing the product entirely too high.

5.0 out of 5 stars FasTrack crossover, February 23, 2013
This review is from: Lionel FasTrack 90-Degree Crossover (Toy)
another great item for my future intentions of building a model rail road once I retire.Will go great with other items that I have bought.

5.0 out of 5 stars 90 degree Crossover, February 11, 2013
This review is from: Lionel FasTrack 90-Degree Crossover (Toy)
I got this as an add on. Cant wait until I put it under the tree for CHristmas. It came with 5 days of ordering

Lionel FasTrack 90-Degree Crossover