Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it blink-182 Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 23, 2013
Note that you will need to add at least a five inch track and a ten inch track to each side of this to make it work. You can buy these also on Amazon. Without these, the curves won't come together at the crossover. You can also just buy the Figure 8 track pack. I copied my review of that below:

We started with a basic set that had an oval. At some point, the oval got boring so we added the figure 8. I don't know why, but it is fun to watch a train go around on a figure 8. The Fastrack criss cross track works well and trains do not derail when going across it.

Around the same time that we bought the figure 8 track, we moved from having our set on the living room floor to putting it on a 4' x 8' plywood table in the basement. From there, we started adding switches to create an oval around the figure 8. To me, within the constraints of a 4 x 8 layout, a figure 8 embedded in an oval is about as good as it gets in terms of having an interesting layout.

My recommendation is to start with the figure 8 and then, as your finances allow, buy some switches and track to connect the sides of the figure 8 into an oval. There are two challenges with this. First, switches cost around $40 each. Second, the gap to close the side of the track by the switches is an odd length of 30.91 inches. What worked for me was to close each side of the loop with (2) 10 inch tracks + (1) 5 inch track + (3) 1.375 inch tracks + (1) 1.75 inch track. This leaves a gap of about 1/32" but there is enough flex in the track to make this work.
on February 11, 2016
We needed this piece to make a figure 8 track for my son's train set that he got for Christmas. It arrived quickly and was packaged well. I find the fast track to be much noisier than the old tube style we used to have, and I hate how everything is plastic nowadays but the price doesn't reflect that. It works fine but I just feel that Lionel charges way too much for their products given the quality.
on March 2, 2014
FasTrack 90 Degree cross, just add 4 half-straights and 2 curves to get your perfect figure 8. Hmmm what else to say, well its FasTrack, nice and easy to use, holds together with ease, easier to maintain then traditional tubular track. Comes in a variety of prefab sizes, for your convenience.
on January 7, 2015
These little pieces are expensive, but they are just the ticket for completing a track under your Christmas tree that deviates from the "standard oval." I'm not a train guru--just a mom that wants to help her kid have fun. I added a small curved piece (O36), a 4.5" straight and a 1-3/8" straight piece to our set (just the standard pieces that come with the Lionel trains) and had an amazing, wandering figure eight looping under the coffee table, behind the couch and back again. Advice: build as much as you can with the "normal" pieces first and save these special guys for the very last-I-can't-possibly-make-this-work-without-it moment.
on March 8, 2015
I ordered these to add onto the beginner track provided with my Lionel train. They fit together with the other fast track perfectly, and allowed us to create a figure '8'. Also needed to buy 4 'half-track' sizes to complete the pattern.
on December 10, 2012
This crossover is new from Lionel, and sold by Amazon. It is just what I need to expand the train layout around the Christmas tree this year. It works perfectly, just as advertised. The price was excellent, and the shipping was free. Amazon does the best job of all in providing merchandise at the best possible price. THANKS.
on January 23, 2013
Bought this piece to make a figure 8 and it worked perfectly for that purpose. Made the train a little more interesting to watch go around the track compared to the basic oval that came with the set.
on December 18, 2014
The FasTrack system is super easy to use and a vast improvement over the old track system. It works on carpet and holds together much better. This 90 degree crossover seems to be the weak point in the circuit. Usually everything is fine but every now and then we loose power. It often seems to be fixed by wiggling the connections around this piece. I am glad I bought this though. It allows for a 2nd loop and adds lots of flexibility to our track building.
on September 17, 2012
I bought this piece to expand train layout. Now I can connect two diffent layouts. It was easy to connect and use as with all Fast track pieces. I bought at a great price.
on August 18, 2013
Lionel Fastrack is a great idea. The ready road bed simplifys assembly. Lionel takes advantage of the buyer by pricing the product entirely too high.