Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on December 12, 2013
Got this set in today.Unpacked it,put it on the track and she came alive,kinda.....The sounds came on,the remote controlled the sound great. The engine would not move.Engine sounds Revved up with the throttle applied,but no movement.Thought we would have to send it back..I've had trains for years,so I turned the engine over and saw where the main gear was not making contact to the other drive gears.I was lucky as the little slip ring that holds the gear in place was stuck to the motor.Took a pair of tweezers and placed the ring on the gear shaft.Now she works perfect.The only problem is that most Mom and Dads won't have an idea what to do if this happens to their set.That being said..This set is great.Very good sounds.Great diesel sound with horn and bell.Then it gets interesting.With the remote you can activate some really spooking area 51 sounds.Very cool!!The engine runs well and the whole set is just fun.I'm hoping my set is one of the very few with the problem that we experienced.
on February 10, 2015
I received this set for my b'day, thanks babe, out of the box it had problems though!. Set it up, plugged it in and nothing. It powered up, awsome sound, but did not move, dang. I picked up the loco and noticed the drive gear was off, I pushed it back on, set it back on track, powered it up and it moved 2 inches and stopped. Looking at loco again I noticed the gear was off again. Should've been obvious to me before that it had to be held on by something. I then got on amazons web site to read reviews to see if anyone else had this same problem. Yep, they did. Turns out the gear is held by a clip that one reviewer said he found stuck to the motor. So looking on the motor what do know, there was the clip. Taking the advice of the reviewer, I took a pair of tweezers, placed the clip on the rod that holds the gear on and pressed it on, now the train works great. I'm a bit upset with lionel for letting this problem to continue when these problems have been brought to their attention. I'm sure there many more of these sets out there with this problem. Lucky it was a easy fix,at least for now!!. Also I might ad, my set did not come with owners manual. I don't know if that Lionel's fault or even if it comes with " it should" one.in all I'm happy with it. I love lionel, but if this a sign of what lionel is becomeing. Its going to be sad.
on July 4, 2015
Great sounding diesel loco O scale!
has three different sound phases (aliens (sci-fi), horn, bell)
Forward and backing light. Lighted cab interior with two engineers at the throttle!
Remote control is easy to use, and better than traditional transformer throttle.
Great for the price you pay!
Only downfall...has one motor not two, so pulling power is a little weak but still a great train.
on December 24, 2015
Looks nice. Runs in FWD fine but won't stop reliably. Has a mind of it's own. Only runs in reverse when it wants too, revs up nice and loud but just sits there until it feels like going and once again you can't stop it when you want, you center the dial in the stopped position and hope for the best. Quality control is horrible for Lionel. A once proud and reliable brand ruined by globalization. Made in China.
on March 29, 2014
Love the idea of the remote they work good, This is a nice lookin train set, but the only draw back, does not have a very good engine with it. Does make really cool sounds thou!
on June 30, 2016
This train set was purchased for one of my grandsons. He loves the train set and it was a big hit for his birthday present.
on June 9, 2014
new style remote control is fun to play with don't have to punch button on transformer much better to play with
on April 29, 2015
LIKE THE SOUNDS
on December 27, 2014
on March 16, 2014
Not well made first set missing engine gears but fun to play with if you loose remote or becomes damage train will not run