5.0 out of 5 stars This is a cool train
Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:31 Mins
this is a cool train set. Bought extra track and I will add video later. smokes, whistles, and love the fastrack design. sets up on carpet great.
Published on December 23, 2011 by FrankieBoy

3.0 out of 5 stars Disapointment
I already own a couple train sets from Lionel and they are great. I ordered this set to place arround the Christmas tree. I ordered it new, came in a sealed box, when I opened the box and started to assemble the tracks, I've noticed the power transformer box the seal on it was broken. I finished assembling the set and wanted to use it for my son to enjoy his new train...
Published 7 months ago by George Bishouty

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a cool train, December 23, 2011
Length:: 0:31 Mins

5.0 out of 5 stars Good gift for Chritmas!, January 10, 2012
X. XU (chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lionel A Christmas Story O-Gauge Train Set (Toy)
Bought this as a Chritmas gift for my husband. He was very happy with the train and set them up right after he opened the package, easy to assemble, train runs well. Overall, it is a good purchase. We only have a small issue with the design is they didn't include the bell in this model, also the user's guide should let people know that the smoke will only come out once you run the train for a while in full speed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Entering 3rd Childhood, January 8, 2012
Thomas Ritter (LYNN HAVEN, FL, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lionel A Christmas Story O-Gauge Train Set (Toy)
Daughter got me this train and I am now living my third childhood (64 yo). It is easy to put up and at some time in the distant future (unless wife gets tired of playing with it when I am on the computer, and puts it away). We have a lot of fun driving our dog crazy with the whistle and all. I will probably get some small buildings and people and other stuff to use every Christmas around the base of the tree. This set as is, is perfect for that in the square track layout. When I was a kid, my dad got us an American Flyer Electric Train set and I played with it for at least 18 years. The Lionel O gage system will make a perfect gift for Juniors first electric train. It is simple to set up and ready to play with.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, February 12, 2012
This review is from: Lionel A Christmas Story O-Gauge Train Set (Toy)
Product is as it is. I would buy it again! The smoke doesn't blow much though - I was expecting more smoke to blow, but only a little bit blows when you crank the train up as fast as it can go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Packaging was damaged, but the train was great., January 18, 2013
This review is from: Lionel A Christmas Story O-Gauge Train Set (Toy)
The train was great as expected, but the box was severely damaged, and with Lionel trains, the box adds value. The train should have been packaged in a box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Graet Item, November 23, 2012
Just what santa ordered

My Grandson will love this ------ I also have the Polar Express train set

this will add to it

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Realistic O-Gauge Train Set, June 13, 2013
This review is from: Lionel A Christmas Story O-Gauge Train Set (Toy)
The train set delivered in timely manner, five carts plus the locomotive, eight 036 curve and four straight track plus the power unit. The locomotive, which is really heavy for a toy considering the company "Lionel" labeled this train for 14 years and older, my kids are much younger helped in putting the train on tracks. I did have tough time balancing the carts in place over the tracks but the kids did the trick after couple of miss and hit (flashing green on power unit for short circle), the tracks been adjusted by me plus Electricity connectors from AC. I let the kids do the work, the purchase is made for them technically.

I got extra two sets of 036 Curve tracks total of 8 pieces, we did make spade and 8 curve shape from it, connecting the curves in counter clockwise direction this way it creates two opposite spades. We did make a longer more challenging track in such, I notice in one sharp turn the last cart which was one of the longest did spark between the turns when it's pushed to the limit of speeding, I removed it just in case. Possible of getting extra straight tracks to smooth the ride later on for coming Christmas. We got this set in June early for the great discount applied. It does make good assets for a dream comes true train set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dream Come True, January 17, 2013
This review is from: Lionel A Christmas Story O-Gauge Train Set (Toy)
I always wanted a Lionel train set and finally got one! It was everything I had dreamed about. Reality right down to the smoke coming from the stack. Quality worksmanship made my train set a joy to operate and watch. Thanks Lionel!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Christmas surprise!, November 25, 2011
This review is from: Lionel A Christmas Story O-Gauge Train Set (Toy)
We love this train! It holds up nicely to young children driving it, and is quite sturdy. A good quality product that my family will get to enjoy for years to come!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great memories for the kids, February 6, 2014
This review is from: Lionel A Christmas Story O-Gauge Train Set (Toy)
Kids love it. They like the steam that comes out of the engine. It's
for older kids, not little ones because its fragile.

Lionel A Christmas Story O-Gauge Train Set