Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

on December 25, 2011
I am thinking of returning this set. The whistle worked for the first 5 minutes and stopped working and now i think it is broken. I also purchased the other sets, the Harry Potter and Polar Express one, I have not set up the Harry Potter and am going to give that away as a gift but I did unwrapped the Harry Potter and the engine on it is noticeably (twice) as heavy as the Coca-Cola one. The Polar Express engine is also very heavy (twice) compared to the coca cola one. The coca-cola one feels like it's a cheap quality build item compared to the other two engines so I would suggest the Polar Express and the Harry Potter over this one. The Polar looks more fun though because of the 4 additional characters, the whistle works out of the box. As for the smoke I have not gotten it to work well on either of the train.

edit: changing from 1 star to 3 star. Yes it is lighter and feels 'cheaper-made' than the other set, but it is still a decent set. I have set it up on it's own track and I have the polar express running on the outer track in the opposite direction. The kids love it. I paid $139 for this set and for that price, I think I will be keeping it even if the whistle is not functioning properly. I have purchased the Thomas and Friends cheaper sets that runs $50-60 and also the wooden table top train sets that runs $90-$130 and it's a no brainer to go with this set since it is a lot more fun and enjoyable for the kids. If the Polar Express or Hogwart set falls to around the $170-$200 range I would recommend those sets over the Coca Cola @ $139.
on December 29, 2011
This is not your typical chunky diecast lionel locomotive ,much lighter in that aspect, but dont under estimate it for that reason , this engine has unbelievable pulling power with little power applied , It struggled a bit out of the box because I guess it was cold from sitting in a cold truck all day and night, but once it loosened up the performance was on the money, the trainsounds tender is very authentic and excellent sound effects, the engine and tender are very early steam engine design with great detail , diecast trucks on all cars and illuminated caboose , authentic coca cola markings on all cars, I added another box car and the engine pulled no with increase in power , I will run the other add on cars because i know it will perform with no effort at all from my experience , again dont let the weight or materials fool you this engine has plenty of power and looks awesome with its vintage style.......if you have doubt DONT just buy it you wont be sorry, the other review that said it didnt run might have just gotten a bad engine , a bad day at the factory could happen anytime with any product,I gave it 4 stars because i would have liked to see the engine made of metal, but doesnt affect performance, I lust prefer metal for its durability, I recommend this set...
on June 4, 2013
Did you see the price on this??? It looks really cool and I was so excited to get it. But when I opened it I found that the whole thing had a plastic feel to it. I was afraid to handle it because if seemed like it was going to break. And then it broke. It ran well for about fifteen minutes, then died. I didn't want to replace it because for the money, I expected much better quality. I could understand that sometimes things come in that don't work, but like I said, it felt cheap and I felt that it was not worth the money.
on December 22, 2011
If you were to purchase the components separately, it would total well over 300.00. For this price how can you pass it up. It would be nice if the engine was made out of metal completely, but it still is a workhorse and keeps up with my polar express set which I combined the two with and now have plenty of extra track and transformer if I want to expand. The kids like (and I do to) the train sounds, put the train in neutral and hit both buttons and hear the crew talking after about 35 seconds. Coke and Lionel for this price is impassably a great buy. If I wanted the real train sounds for my other set, it cost as much as this whole set. Four stars, only because the engine has many plastic pieces, but not entirely plastic. The detail is ineradicable though.
on January 1, 2012
Lionel holds its price better than any Bachmann train you could get. Nice train for the price, runs well and works good for me, I will be adding the Lionel Coca Cola Santa boxcar to make it look more Christmasy. This is a very good "Starter" train set to have around the Christmas Tree...I, also gave it only 4 stars as a metal train would've had the Lionel quality that is expected. The easy track is wonderful, Thank you for that, I have an older Lionel train which I can now run on the easy track...Get this for a train to have around your Christmas Tree, A+ for that...Can't beat the price a Lionel Set for under $300. is a deal. I find this a great buy...and mine works great so far....
on December 14, 2013
I love it because it is a Lionel...it is the General of the Great Locomotive Chase which I collect...because is Coca Cola which I also collect... It arrived almost on time, and in perfect shape... that's why I gave it FIVE STARS........
BUT
The seals on the internal packages were broken, indicating that this was a returned and/or repackaged item, not "factory fresh" and missing for sure is the .." wood-sided reefer's...simulated box load inserts in interior".. with one thing missing and several little empty slots one wonders are their other missing thing? In that there is not a content list, who knows? And there is not a way to ask about missing parts or elements via Amazon, you can return it or lump it or spend hours on line to Malaysia and the Philippians as I have done before trying to explain what a thingabob that fits into the whatist is a necessary something to make the widget work.
BUT
Over all that happen maybe once every 200 orders or so. So I love my train and i will live without the advertised.." wood-sided reefer"s ... "simulated box load inserts in interior", Maybe I should have subtracted a star?
on January 4, 2013
This is a fun train to use and play with. I love the new track. This track stays together and keeps the train going much better than the old track. I love the transformer too.
on January 3, 2013
BEAUTIFULLY DETAILED AND NICELY MADE. COLOR SCHEME IS GORGEOUS. WOULD RECOMMEND TO EVERY ONE
LOOKING FOR A COLORFUL SET.. THANKS
on June 30, 2013
love Coca-Cola collecting. Train was just a great addition and was really nice with the working sounds and lights. lionel !
on January 11, 2012
I have always been interested in trains, and when I seen the 125 edition coke-a-cola train set I just had to have it. I ordered it got it and love it.I also ordered a motorcycle helmet with goggles and gloves, he loved it. I also ordered the polar express and one addition car, the hobo car. Was completely satisfied with all the products.

See 1 answered question