4.0 out of 5 stars Convenient and Useful, But Smoke Drops Not Included
Published on April 14, 2011 by Sister Renee Pittelli

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Published on December 26, 2012 by Momma to Many

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Convenient and Useful, But Smoke Drops Not Included, April 14, 2011
This review is from: Lionel Lubrication & Maintenance Set - 662927 (Toy)
A nice kit with several useful products all in one, I bought it for a gift. ***Note that it does not include the smoke drops pictured on the listing picture. I was ordering a number of train accessories all at once and didn't notice this when I read the description. My fault I suppose for not catching that when I read it, but then again I wouldn't expect an item that was not going to be included to be shown in the picture, which I felt was a bit misleading and very disappointing. Contact with the seller did not resolve the issue, no smoke drops and no explanation/apology for the why they were shown in the picture. Other than that, very nice and useful kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have item, December 18, 2011
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Lionel Lubrication & Maintenance Set - 662927 (Toy)
While I can't say this product is particularly fun to use (especially you have a layout as big as mine), this is a required item for anyone who runs model trains. I purchased this mainly for the track clean bottle, so I could get rid of a nasty buildup of oil on my track. Now that the track and trains have been cleaned, the trains are running like they were new again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, December 26, 2012
This review is from: Lionel Lubrication & Maintenance Set - 662927 (Toy)
The original photo of the product I was purchasing included the smoke oil. My son really only needed the smoke oil. When I received it, there was no smoke oil and the photo on the listing had been changed to show that it didn't include the smoke oil. I gave it to my son anyway because it was a Christmas gift, but I will need to find the smoke oil somewhere else. And now, my husband doesn't want to shop at amazon.com anymore because he feels some of the retailers are shiesty.

4.0 out of 5 stars This set was OK, December 15, 2012
This review is from: Lionel Lubrication & Maintenance Set - 662927 (Toy)
The set arrived within the delivery estimate. It is good quality product to lubricate my 60 year old Lionel train. The problem I have with it is the oil container is not properly sealed and the oil leaks out. Most manufacturers have a sealed container that the tip has to be cut off to use. On this tube of oil, the tip is already open and the cap does not fit securely. When it arrived the cardboard backing on the bubble pack was oil soaked and you could see where about a 1/4" of oil was gone from the container. I had found the same condition when I visited a local hobby shop, the oil tube in that set had lost about 1" of oil.

1.0 out of 5 stars Containers broke and leaked ., December 12, 2013
fourringa (OH United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lionel Lubrication & Maintenance Set - 662927 (Toy)
Poor Packaging. Oil leaked and white grease container is cracked upon arrival. I wanted to return these but became difficult to ship with leaking containers. In the end I decided not to pursue a refund of my $12. I believe these could be discontinued items as there are newer versions available with different packaging. Buyer beware.

3.0 out of 5 stars Maintenance set, March 2, 2014
This review is from: Lionel Lubrication & Maintenance Set - 662927 (Toy)
Everything you need to preform your maintenance, However you will want to put the Oil in a different bottle & if you want grease you will likely want to get it elsewhere as this tube despite its size only contains a tiny tiny amount.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lionel Lubrication & Maintenance Set - 662927, January 10, 2013
This review is from: Lionel Lubrication & Maintenance Set - 662927 (Toy)
product as described but wouldn't really call this a toy review...cleaning model train track is probably the un-fun part of running trains at my age...first package arrived with the lubricant leaked out of the bottle...seller was very responsive to the problem and sent out a complete replacement for everything right away at no charge...will certainly do business with again...

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice kit, poor container, February 9, 2015
This review is from: Lionel Lubrication & Maintenance Set - 662927 (Toy)
Unfortunately when I received the package, the half of the oil had leaked out. I don't see a clear break or anything, it just seems like a bad design on the container itself. The kit is nice, in that it includes all the right things,

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well on my model trains, June 19, 2013
This review is from: Lionel Lubrication & Maintenance Set - 662927 (Toy)
Since WD40 is not good for model trains and this is made for them it is essential to own. This kit has all I need to lube my model trains and is the recommended product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lionel Lubrication & Maintenance Set - 662927, February 8, 2013
This review is from: Lionel Lubrication & Maintenance Set - 662927 (Toy)
Great for cleaning your track and lubing your engine. Good for cleaning tunnels before putting your train in there. Mine came new on Lionel card and was packaged well.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›