4.0 out of 5 stars Convenient and Useful, But Smoke Drops Not Included
Published on April 14, 2011 by Sister Renee Pittelli

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Published 24 months ago by Momma to Many

4.0 out of 5 stars Convenient and Useful, But Smoke Drops Not Included, April 14, 2011
This review is from: Lionel Lubrication & Maintenance Set - 662927 (Toy)
A nice kit with several useful products all in one, I bought it for a gift. ***Note that it does not include the smoke drops pictured on the listing picture. I was ordering a number of train accessories all at once and didn't notice this when I read the description. My fault I suppose for not catching that when I read it, but then again I wouldn't expect an item that was not going to be included to be shown in the picture, which I felt was a bit misleading and very disappointing. Contact with the seller did not resolve the issue, no smoke drops and no explanation/apology for the why they were shown in the picture. Other than that, very nice and useful kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have item, December 18, 2011
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Lionel Lubrication & Maintenance Set - 662927 (Toy)
While I can't say this product is particularly fun to use (especially you have a layout as big as mine), this is a required item for anyone who runs model trains. I purchased this mainly for the track clean bottle, so I could get rid of a nasty buildup of oil on my track. Now that the track and trains have been cleaned, the trains are running like they were new again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, December 26, 2012
This review is from: Lionel Lubrication & Maintenance Set - 662927 (Toy)
The original photo of the product I was purchasing included the smoke oil. My son really only needed the smoke oil. When I received it, there was no smoke oil and the photo on the listing had been changed to show that it didn't include the smoke oil. I gave it to my son anyway because it was a Christmas gift, but I will need to find the smoke oil somewhere else. And now, my husband doesn't want to shop at amazon.com anymore because he feels some of the retailers are shiesty.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like Lionel, March 15, 2014
This review is from: Lionel Lubrication & Maintenance Set - 662927 (Toy)
Actually I knew this stuff was good stuff. I just bought it, cause I use it and I need another cheap purchase to make the free shipping deal.

3.0 out of 5 stars Maintenance set, March 2, 2014
This review is from: Lionel Lubrication & Maintenance Set - 662927 (Toy)
Everything you need to preform your maintenance, However you will want to put the Oil in a different bottle & if you want grease you will likely want to get it elsewhere as this tube despite its size only contains a tiny tiny amount.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good that it comes as a kit., February 17, 2014
This review is from: Lionel Lubrication & Maintenance Set - 662927 (Toy)
This is a must have for model train collectors. I recommend that a proper rag come with it for efficiency.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, December 19, 2013
This review is from: Lionel Lubrication & Maintenance Set - 662927 (Toy)
My husband was worried a hand me down train neded oiling. Product worked great, but we had a bit of trouble knowing where to apply the oil. Seller was fantastic! Thanks

1.0 out of 5 stars Containers broke and leaked ., December 12, 2013
fourringa (OH United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lionel Lubrication & Maintenance Set - 662927 (Toy)
Poor Packaging. Oil leaked and white grease container is cracked upon arrival. I wanted to return these but became difficult to ship with leaking containers. In the end I decided not to pursue a refund of my $12. I believe these could be discontinued items as there are newer versions available with different packaging. Buyer beware.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice, September 10, 2013
This review is from: Lionel Lubrication & Maintenance Set - 662927 (Toy)
the product was exactly as described. I did not have a chance to use it, I bought it for a train set that won't be set up till Christmas.

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as advertised., July 13, 2013
This review is from: Lionel Lubrication & Maintenance Set - 662927 (Toy)
Exactly as advertised. Just what I need to maintain my 1960 Lionel Train Set. I received the order in good condition. No problems so far.