Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on January 5, 2010
The item is way over priced. I paid $32 for four small figures and it feels like I paid $30 too much. The figures also don't attach to the train like the ones that come with it. The hole in the figures are just a little too big and end up falling off.
0Comment27 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 8, 2012
They are cute but simply way too expensive. They should sell for about a third of what I paid for them.
on December 24, 2011
The item is not of great quality. The articulation and detail is a little on the cheesy side, although the figures are at least recognizable and at least worth it to see my son playing with them and the train together with the figures that came with the train set. He even lovingly has taken them on car trips and spent hours playing with them, repeating the character's lines and singing the songs from the movie. They are not action figures however and have a hard time propping up by themselves, which can be a drawback. I thought they were a little small at first but upon further reading of the description I found that the item is intended for use with the O gauge train which thankfully is what I bought. Be aware of this when looking for add-on sets for the G gauge set, they will be too small for the bigger G train. I definitely recommend adding these on to your O gauge set if your child loves Polar Express! My boy is 10 and this is the perfect age for these items, and they will be used and cared for for years.
on March 28, 2009
These figures add a lot of character to the Polar Express train set. My grandsons love them.
on December 26, 2012
I purchased the add-on figures for the O-Gauge Lionel Polar Express Train set (which stopped working after about 6 times of use). The quality for the price is LOW. I had to repair the little boy after his body came apart when I turned his head (it's supposed to be movable - more like breakable!) We're returning everything Lionel back to Amazon. I thought Lionel was a quality model train manufacturer... it's not. And everything is made in China! Buyer beware!
on January 12, 2012
Beware! These figures are very small. They are well made in that the arms and legs move but they are extremely tiny. My son enjoys putting them on the Polar Express train he received. If I had realized how small these were going to be I would not have paid $27 for one package (paid $84 total for 2 packages of figures and one package of caribou). I felt like I had been ripped off, but the dimensions are listed, so I guess I should have paid more attention. Never in a million years would I have thought these figures were going to be so small.
0Comment12 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 1, 2014
Very expensive and tiny. The little girl keeps falling apart and the pieces are so tiny it was very difficult to put back together. As a result we lost one tiny little arm.
review image
on October 6, 2011
This was purchased along with the Lionel Polar Express set. The characters look just like the movie. It was a great addition to the set.
on January 11, 2013
I was worried after reading some reviews that these characters would be too small for the G-Gauge set, but they are the perfect match in combination with the characters that are included with the train set. It's the perfect addition to the train set, though they are EXTREMELY small and very pricey for my taste. I could see $12.95, but $34? I wouldn't return them because that it just the price they are, but they really shouldn't be that expensive. But for those who want additional characters for the G-Gauge set, this is what you're looking for.
on December 13, 2012
I purchased the Lionel Polar Express Train as a decoration to circle our Christmas Tree. The train itself was fine. However, I also purchased these figures to add on. They are not worth the money. There are places on the train where these figures are supposed to snap in and fit, but it does not work. In the end, the figures just lie on the floor and you regret spending the money.