Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on January 10, 2010
I purchased these figures and the other set of matching Polar Express figures for my grandchildren for Christmas. They have a little Polar Express train. The Santa figure's arm fell off. The engineer's paint is already peeling off. I think these figures are unique and just one-of-a-kind, but for the price I paid, I thought they would last more than 2-3 weeks. They just aren't durable at all. What a disappointment.
22 comments12 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 25, 2010
This is a must have for anyone who has a Polar Express operating or not....layout.
Our family loves all things Polar Express. It is a classic Christmas experience and a much loved movie the grandchildren request often no matter the season. Please make more Polar Express items.
on December 16, 2011
Although they look nice they are way too small. I guess they made them to fit on the train, but I was hoping they would be able the stand them up and handle them through pretend play. I was disappointed. I also ordered the caribou and they are a nice size for pretend play.
on January 2, 2013
They are good, but much smaller then i thought. They seem to be smaller then the Caraboo that come with one of the train sets.
on January 7, 2014
Looked like they came from Dollar Store very cheaply made. I would have returned them but it was so close to Christmas I had to keep it.
on December 13, 2012
I thought they were vey small, but then again they are for a toy train. The price is a bit high for the size.but on the bright side they look great. I have not taken them out the package yet so I don't know how durable they are.
on December 17, 2015
I purchased these for my son who loves polar express. The conductor looks like an alien I'm assuming because they hadn't finished painting his face! The engineer actually has a long orange beard and the hero boy looks a little different than this picture too. I went ahead and kept it thinking I could possibly finish painting the conductors face myself after my son opens it for Christmas. The seller offered a refund sarcastically and said they all looked identical...which I don't understand if they are hand painted. :-/
review image
on January 14, 2014
These figures are very nice to have because their face are similar to the characters in the movie. One of the engineers do not have the long beard though. That was the first thing my grandson mentioned because that was a funny scene in the movie of the engineer's beard being pulled. They do have movable joints, but they are delicate. Since I purchased the Polar Express train, I thought these characters would make a great addition. My grandson was ecstatic!
on December 30, 2015
The figures in the picture look nice. They look like a good size and they look well detailed. Imagine my surprise when I receive the figures and find that they are all shorter than my thumb. Looking back at the item, I see the size is 1 3/8 in. So it is my fault, but the figures are tiny, poorly detailed, and don't look like the characters.
on March 16, 2014
My 5 y.o. son really likes these characters. He already had the conductor and boy, which came with the original Polar Express Train set and they look identical. We thought we were buying the figures with Billy and the girl but these came instead.

See 1 answered question