Questions & Answers
Lionel Polar Express Train Set - G-Gauge
by Lionel
3.8 out of 5 stars (918)
$125.20
Add to cart
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 145 questions
votes
age group Dec 5, 2013
The connections are a bit difficult and frustrating for little kids, if you will not be able to run over every few minutes to reconnect them, the ideal age would be 7 and up. I got it for our son at age 4 and got my work out of reconnecting until I twisty tied the connections together. :) he is now 9 and still loves this train, we by extra tracks every year so he can build longer paths, his little brother may be getting his own soon, because he loves his big brothers train as well :) The younger kid, smaller model with white tracks, I've gone thru two engines not working and a sad boy, so this one and its connections issues was still worth it for our family. The engine and remote are five years old and still running and looking great!
Dec 5, 2013 by Jenny Mcdonald
votes
If you're new to model railroading, "gauge" refers to the distance between the outside rails of your track. (Your train's wheels roll along these two rails; the third, or "inside," rail, if your set has one, is for power.) Gauge is not important for you to know unless you buy accessories for your train set. Those accessories have to be the same gauge as your train set. If you want to know more, I suggest you type your question, which is a good one, into your search engine (BING or GOOGLE for example). You will find your answers and more.
Nov 10, 2013 by The Bear
votes
Fits almost perfectly around our tree skirt. I would assume that it would fit around most average tree skirts. Hope this helps!
Dec 6, 2013 by Michael H.
votes
Yes, the tracks are a bit loose if done this way, but it will run fine, may just have to put it back on track every once in a while. We had ours set up on carpet in a formal living room last year.
Nov 13, 2013 by Michael Preston
votes
Yes - it is one circular/oval shaped track.
11 days ago by Corinne Weidner
votes
No it does not
Nov 15, 2014 by Billie Osborne
votes
The measures of the 3 cars are: 13 inches long, 3.5 inches large, and 4.5 high. The tender is 8 inches long.
Nov 22, 2013 by Pedro Luiz Scalisse
votes
figures Dec 9, 2013
Yes. There is a figure of Tom Hanks, the little boy in the blue robe(main character) & the hobo which sits on a flip feature with fire on top the last car. The figures are only about 1 1/2 inches tall.
Dec 10, 2013 by iloveshopping
votes
The cars are huge and it's not enough track for a train that large. Either order more track or don't get it. Ours won't stay on the track when it goes around the short turns.
Nov 29, 2014 by Julie Tanner
votes
Are you sure the track is put together at each end securely? We have had no problem with ours...
Jan 10, 2015 by Mary Zimmermann
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   15   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers