Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Lionel trains I really thought Lionel was the way to go, but after reading the problems with the Polar Express & the Harry Potter set I am wondering IS there a reliable O scale manufacturer?
asked by hiking enthusiast on January 2, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
Check out MTH trains, http://www.mthtrains.com/ Note that they have several lines of trains. RailKing is the more affordable, traditional and has starter sets. They also have a collector line called Premier. The Premier line s oriented to adult collectors who want accurate models of real trains. (For example, engines whose cooling fans actually turn.)

Here's a decent link to get you started and includes information about other manufacturers: http://henrykautz.org/Trains/getting-started.htm
John Thompson answered on December 3, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have the O and have owned it for over 3 years now and love it. I keep it up all year around and when I want to go on a vacation in my head, I just start the train up and get going. Never had any problems with it. I do not have the Polar Express or the Harry Potter just the Lionel O guage. I do believe it is made quite well and would buy it again. Nothing is the same anymore but this I like. They have replaced so much with plastic for what reason I do not know. Bet most of us wished for the good ole days when things lasted forever.
Nikki Mother answered on December 28, 2012

A
I agree with John, Check out MTH , they have tons of starter sets or even Williams by Bachmann, They have a lifetime Warranty, Lionel is not what it used to be.
Central Pa Guy answered on January 26, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product