Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lipper International Small Bamboo Bowls, Set of 4
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Size: Set of 4|Color: Bamboo|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:$39.99 - $107.00

VINE VOICEon January 26, 2012
Our previous set of bamboo bowls finally wore out after many good years of use. This Lipper set of bamboo salad bowls are larger, lighter and more attractive than our old set.

Durability depends on how well you adhere to the cleaning rules:

No dishwashers! Hand wash with mild soap.

No berries, cherries, pomegranate seeds or Kool-Aid colors! These bowls stain easily but you can lemon juice to clean it up.

Store in a cool dry place! Don't leave these out in the sun or filled with water in the bottom of the sink. The bamboo will react to severe conditions.

The Lipper set of four small, honey-colored bowls are seven inches in diameter and 2¼ inches high. Try and catch them on sale (we did) but rest assured you are getting better-than-average handcrafted quality for bamboo woodenware. If the Lipper set was a little less expensive, I'd give them five stars as a great value.

Rating: Four stars.
on January 30, 2011
I really like these but I was going to throw them out after they stained quite permanently when I used certain homemade dressings- especially those with tomato in them. No amount of scrubbing or dishsoap would get the stains out. But then someone told me to try lemon juice and surprisingly that worked! Good as new. Although I will say, that they do continue to stain with these dressings and I keep having to use the lemon juice... I hope it's not damaging to the bowls.
on February 24, 2016
I got these as a gift for my significant other who can't stand the sound of metal silverware scraping on bowls and plates. It was a little pricey and I wasn't entirely sure if he'd love it, but these bowls have been NOTHING but wonderful!

The bowls have a great texture and shape to them, and clean off very nicely. They also look fantastic! They also had a very pleasant scent when I first took them out of the box. One additional tidbit was that due to the material being bamboo, the bowls don't heat up to the touch in the same way stoneware bowls do, so you can enjoy your hot soup no problem!

We've been hand washing these, just in case the dish washer wouldn't handle them well, and it's been a breeze. Hard to clean things have actually come off easier on these bowls than the old stoneware set we had. I assume the light texture is why.

I highly recommend!
review image
on October 30, 2014
I was disappointed that I couldn't find pampered chef bamboo bowls to match the large salad bowl that I bought for my sister-in-law. Thank you, Lipper International for realizing that people would like their salad bowls to match the big serving bowl! These bows are perfect...I love the set. The packaging was nice...kept everything damage free. The bowls are beautiful and are a nice, functional size.
on May 5, 2016
I cannot believe Amazon has the False information about the product. It is made in CHINA not Thailand....not as deep as i expected but pretty good.
We received the bowl and it had made in china all over it.
on February 3, 2016
Perfect! They're beautiful, resilient and a lot deeper than expected. I was worried that it would be a small salad bowl, too small to be practical for soup or cereal, but it is more than deep enough to handle a hefty amount of whatever you may be putting in it.
on September 5, 2011
These bowls were fantastic. Good size, not too small or too large. Seemingly of Good Quality. Good seller. However, Do not leave them in the water over night however, they may discolour, and begin to leak. I have had them for about 15-16 months, I had to throw away one of the 4 due to leaking. Now another is leaking and another is cracking on 3 areas. My original review said they were great bowls. Emphasis is on WERE. For the price of these bowls, they shoul last for many years. Mine have not. I have used them constantly and love them. But the quality of how they arre bonded together is poor. Great alternative to plastic with short life span.
on April 14, 2010
These are well made and look very nice. They are perfect to use for side salads at a meal, or for a bowl of popcorn while watching a movie. I bought them to fill both of those roles, so they're just what I wanted.
on December 29, 2013
These bowls are the perfect size for a small starter/appetizer-size salad. Plain but pleasing -- nothing fancy and I like that. I've had mine for 12+ months and while there is some wear on the finish, they still look good and do the job.
on February 21, 2013
I bought these bowls for my wife because she wanted a lot of wooden salad bowls for large groups that occasionally dine at our home. These bamboo bowls, although not made of wood, worked perfectly.