4.0 out of 5 stars balanced minerals
Published on January 21, 2010 by Jackie

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy it from your local store!
Almost 10 years as an Amazon's customer, I never expect my first review to be a negative one.

First, the product itself is not bad. Actually it is very good. My physician called the company and learned that they have a very strict procedure. They check for a thousand of things. The taste is also wonderful. My daughter loves it.

Here's the bad...
Published on January 30, 2012 by Song Lin

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy it from your local store!, January 30, 2012
Song Lin (San Jose, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Child Life Liquid Calcium/Magnesium,Natural Orange Flavor Plastic Bottle, 16-Fl. Oz. (Health and Beauty)

Here's the bad part: do not buy it from a seller you do not know; get it from Whole Foods or other local store that you trust. Price may be more expensive than Amazon, but ... hey we are talking about our kids' health. My daughter (3 year old) has complicated food allergy problem. She cannot take milk or any other products that contains milk (yogurt, cheese, ...). After compared with more than ten Calcium supplements at Whole Foods, I picked this one because of its Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc, and its flavor. I have been getting it from Whole Foods for several months. My daughter's condition improved a lot. A couple of weeks ago I bought two bottles from some seller on Amazon (for price of course). What a mistake! Suddenly my daughter's symptoms all came back. It took me more than a week to find out this thing is the reason. I bought another bottle from Whole Foods and made some comparison. The package looks very similar. After opening the bottle you can tell the difference. The real one looks white and the fake one looks yellow. The smell/taste are very different: one feels good and another one feels like smoke.

I heard that there are some organizations arguing that no food supplement should be sold online. Now I see the reason. Electronics may be fine. But for something you eat, buy from a local store not Amazon. Please do not be as stupid as me!

1.0 out of 5 stars **BEWARE** of fake and questionable positive reviews!!, September 5, 2014
anavidreader (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I was looking to buy a calcium supplement and came across this product. Wanted to draw everyone's attention to the large number of clearly fake 5 star reviews by what seems one source. All reviews are titled "five stars" and all are just 2-3 word reviews similar in language with similar sounding reviewer names happening always on successive days. The reviews start again after a few days and same pattern repeats. Clearly an attempt to post fake reviews and increase the rating of this questionable product. For a medicinal item this is dangerous and unethical!!

4.0 out of 5 stars balanced minerals, January 21, 2010
I bought this to replace a dry chewable magnesium tablet we had been using. It has what I want with the calcium, magnesium, vitamin D and zinc but we are still trying to get use to it. It taste a bit like watered down jello with a chalky after taste.You can mix it with a drink. I have a hard time keeping the seal clean. If you get it on your clothes it does dry into a chalky powder. I am happy with the ingredients just not sure if I will stay with a liquid- personal choice.

1.0 out of 5 stars This is a fake product. Beware of fake 5 star reviews!!!!, September 20, 2014
This is a fake product and a scam!!! Look at those 5 star reviews. They are all written one day after the other and all have Chinese named buyers. All and the ratings are all written in the same wording. Shame on them to do this for a child supplement product!!! Honestly I just poured mine down the drain because they wouldn't let me return it.

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter's tic is pretty much GONE!, April 16, 2014
My 5-year-old daughter started developing a minor sniffing tic, so I immediately researched holistic ways to curb it. Having suffered from tics growing up, I did not want her to have to go through what I went through! Pretty much everyone is deficient in magnesium nowadays, and it has something to do with the soil being depleted of it since around WWII. Anyway, she loves this product! The ca/mg ratio is correct, and she says it tastes like Sunny Delight (she takes it straight). I doubled the dosage for her after one TBSP wasn't really doing anything, and after about a week and a half of the double dosage, her tic is pretty much gone!!!! About to reorder soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars CANT LIVE WITHOUT IT - Not an exaggeration!, November 19, 2013
Taste: My 4 year old loves this stuff - we add it to her juice in the morning. She actually prefers her juice WITH it. Tastes a little like an Orange Julius.

Does it work: I started using this for the magnesium, in order to get my daughter to sleep through the night. She would wake up almost every night about 2 or 3 am to PLAY and stay up for a couple of hours. I cannot say this stuff is what did it, MAYBE its a coincidence, but within a few weeks after we started giving this to my daughter each morning, she started sleep all night long! Her behavior is better too, but that is probably because she is getting more sleep :-)

Good Luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, July 13, 2013
My 20 month old LOVES this! She sees me pull it out and gets excited!! She refuses to drink any kind of milk so it makes me feel better having this!

2.0 out of 5 stars Gave my son diarrhea. Discontinuing use., April 28, 2013
Heather (Sterling Heights, MI USA) - See all my reviews
Gave my son diarrhea so I'm discontinuing use. Read on here it's supposed to be more of an actual orange color, and it was barely that.

2.0 out of 5 stars Causing diarrhea, May 17, 2014
The taste is good, but it cause diarrhea like another customer said. I do not know why. Does anyone have an idea?

5.0 out of 5 stars it works, March 2, 2014
I think it is necessary for my baby. His teeth has come out and I am very happy for that.

$24.91 $13.25