Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Flavor: Natural Orange|Size: 16 oz|Change

on September 5, 2014
I was looking to buy a calcium supplement and came across this product. Wanted to draw everyone's attention to the large number of clearly fake 5 star reviews by what seems one source. All reviews are titled "five stars" and all are just 2-3 word reviews similar in language with similar sounding reviewer names happening always on successive days. The reviews start again after a few days and same pattern repeats. Clearly an attempt to post fake reviews and increase the rating of this questionable product. For a medicinal item this is dangerous and unethical!!
33 comments| 148 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 30, 2012
Almost 10 years as an Amazon's customer, I never expect my first review to be a negative one.

First, the product itself is not bad. Actually it is very good. My physician called the company and learned that they have a very strict procedure. They check for a thousand of things. The taste is also wonderful. My daughter loves it.

Here's the bad part: do not buy it from a seller you do not know; get it from Whole Foods or other local store that you trust. Price may be more expensive than Amazon, but ... hey we are talking about our kids' health. My daughter (3 year old) has complicated food allergy problem. She cannot take milk or any other products that contains milk (yogurt, cheese, ...). After compared with more than ten Calcium supplements at Whole Foods, I picked this one because of its Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc, and its flavor. I have been getting it from Whole Foods for several months. My daughter's condition improved a lot. A couple of weeks ago I bought two bottles from some seller on Amazon (for price of course). What a mistake! Suddenly my daughter's symptoms all came back. It took me more than a week to find out this thing is the reason. I bought another bottle from Whole Foods and made some comparison. The package looks very similar. After opening the bottle you can tell the difference. The real one looks white and the fake one looks yellow. The smell/taste are very different: one feels good and another one feels like smoke.

I heard that there are some organizations arguing that no food supplement should be sold online. Now I see the reason. Electronics may be fine. But for something you eat, buy from a local store not Amazon. Please do not be as stupid as me!
2525 comments| 372 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 20, 2014
This is a fake product and a scam!!! Look at those 5 star reviews. They are all written one day after the other and all have Chinese named buyers. All and the ratings are all written in the same wording. Shame on them to do this for a child supplement product!!! Honestly I just poured mine down the drain because they wouldn't let me return it.
88 comments| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 30, 2015
My experience with this product has been happy until the very latest purchase. The previous products were pure white and thick liquid, but the latest is yellow tinted, more fluent. I sent an email to childlife asking whether this was normal or a fake product, and got absolutely NO REPLY. After reading other people's reply here, I find myself not alone. I don't think I will feed my baby with this product again until I figure out what went wrong. Some photos of the questionable product are posted here, and hope they will help.
review image review image review image
on April 16, 2014
My 5-year-old daughter started developing a minor sniffing tic, so I immediately researched holistic ways to curb it. Having suffered from tics growing up, I did not want her to have to go through what I went through! Pretty much everyone is deficient in magnesium nowadays, and it has something to do with the soil being depleted of it since around WWII. Anyway, she loves this product! The ca/mg ratio is correct, and she says it tastes like Sunny Delight (she takes it straight). I doubled the dosage for her after one TBSP wasn't really doing anything, and after about a week and a half of the double dosage, her tic is pretty much gone!!!! About to reorder soon.
44 comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2013
We're on the side of the fence that doesn't believe milk does a body good. Our pediatrician feels the same. That said, calcium magnesium is important to growing toddlers. I settled on this brand but honestly have mixed feelings about it. It contains 'natural flavors'. Natural Flavoring is one of the (24) other ingredients that doesn't always contain MSG, but they often do or create MSG during processing. I wish there was better labeling. I'm sorry to say I don't know for sure if this does. I contacted Child Life regarding this and received no response; which, IMO, is worst thing a company can do.

MSG 'enhances' taste by increasing the sensitivity of your taste buds. It's used to stimulate appetite and is addicting. Research confirms that MSG consumed by lab animals causes brain lesions of the hypothalamus. Glutamic acid (present in MSG) is neurotoxic and kills neurons by exciting them to death. There's more info out there on MSG if you do a little research. It's found in 12 other labeled ingredients (why is this even allowed?!). We try and eat clean with no processed food most of the time so our contact with MSG is very minimal. For that reason we do still give this to our toddler. I understand lots of kids out there probably will turn their nose at something that doesn't taste good. This is a whole different topic. I feel there should be an option without the flavorings. I showed the bottle to our pediatrician who was fine with the supplement. She had us increase the amount (based off our toddler's age/weight) because it's pretty diluted. You should consult with your pediatrician before upping the dosage.

We also give our toddler Nordic Naturals Infant DHA and Biotics Research Aqueous Multi Plus - neither contain MSG. (The Biotics Research multi is the first vitamin I found that doesn't contain MSG.)
55 comments| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 22, 2015
So grateful for that I bought this. On a hunch I decided to try magnesium for my child's tics/developmental delays and neurological disorders. I was open to trying anything safe as I had just come from the pediatric neurologist who said there was nothing to be done for him- that his brain must have just not fully developed in utero. He suggested continuing with the speech/PT regimen but not to expect much. This supplement plus getting my son tested for food allergies (and then removing those 8 allergens) has taken away 95% of his struggles and I have been able to see him move throughout his day like any other kiddo. So thankful!
on July 19, 2015
I give this supplement to my 2 year old who is dairy intolerant and has never liked drinking "milk" from a cup. I wanted to make sure she was getting the calcium she needed. I did NOT expect though the added bonus of magnesium. She has always had digestion "issues" ahem. And the magnesium helped so much that we took her off all other supplement and fiber/meds that were barely helping! I have repurchased this about 5 times and will continue :)
on May 11, 2016
My son loves this. I tasted it and it is super sweet, it tastes like an orange dreamsicle. It does have some sugar in it, but not much. I would prefer that over artificial sweeteners, or gummies that get stuck in his teeth.
on November 24, 2015
The product is approaching the expire date. It's impossible to finish before that!
review image