Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing

on December 24, 2012
Used to think rabbits were cute & cuddly. Turns out they have no souls and incessantly destroy your beautiful plants without any consideration. They all must die. But if you choose not to kill them, this is a friendlier method. Doesn't last long, especially if it rains or if its irrigated where applied. Gotta be applied at least once/week, at least where I live with these evil furry unscrupulous raisin-laying mother-effers. Anyhow, mix enough product that you will only use for that day, since it is made from rotten eggs, it will form clumps of mold as it sits in your pressure-sprayer. These chunks in turn, will clog up your feed line & sprayer wand, rendering your equipment useless.
Rabbits are the work of the devil.
77 comments|83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 13, 2010
don't waste your time trying the other pretenders or making up your own stuff. this creation is a godsend. it's the only thing that has finally driven away the awful creatures who eat up my lilies, hydrangea, lilac, and everything in between.

as noted though, use caution on application. it smells like the Devil's own behind. there's a reason no animal alive would eat anything covered in this! good news, the smell is not discernible to the human senses after 24 hours. bad news - don't plan on grilling outdoors the day you apply it!
66 comments|51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 3, 2008
This stuff works great to prevent deer from nibbling on your flowers. Do not spill the bottle because you will regret if for a looong time: "Smells bad" does not begin to describe how smelly the undiluted liquid is. I have found that if I spray in the late afternoon, by the next day the yard smells normal again because the liquid has dried on the plants. Seems to last for a couple of weeks between sprays as long as you don't wash off the flowers. I highly recommend this product -- don't waste your time trying to make your own home mix, as I did for several years. Just buy this.
I read about this stuff repelling rabbits but I didn't think there was any way it could smell as bad as everyone said.
WRONG.
I ordered a bottle and opened it and took a sniff and almost passed out.
Imagine rotten eggs, garbage, B.O., garlic and a host of other nasty smelling things all mixed into one vile concoction.

Does it work?
The rabbits were eating my burning bush and they stopped right after I sprayed this around.
Well worth the money, nothing will go near this stuff.
Just be careful when spraying.....DOH....I sprayed against the wind and some of it got on my pants leg.....YUCK.
Otherwise...I give liquid fence my highest recommendation.
55 comments|25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 26, 2009
Great product I live in the Florida Keys on a island called Big Pine where the tiny Key Deer are an endangered species. You are not allowed fences so they eat every flower you try to grow. I tried the liquied fence and it works great. The smell is terrible for about an hour but then goes away. Now my yard and garden look great. Love it!!!!
on August 19, 2013
This stuff works amazingly well at keeping the rabbits and squirrels out of our gardens. It also works well when you spray it at/on stray/roaming cats that like to come by and kill your birds.
As others have said, do your best not to spill it or you will greatly regret it.
on July 9, 2008
We have been using Liquid Fence for about a year. It has worked great. Only one time did it allow the deer to eat our flowers and that was after several days of hard rain. Overall we are very pleased.
on June 22, 2015
I am on my second bottle. This is the first Summer in several years that I actually see my plants getting a chance to grow. Without having to surround them with chicken wire cages!
I have been fighting both Deer and Rabbit. I see a difference using the Liquid Fence. I don't re-spray every time it rains. Maybe every few times. It just depends on how much rain and for how long it rains. It's sort of a "wait and see" process. If you notice animals coming back around then spray again. If I know we are having a stretch of nice weather then I'll make sure I've sprayed everything.
You also need to spray the surrounding area....not just the plants. The idea is to make the critters leave before they get close to the plants/shrubs/trees. Spray the perimeter, just like it says in the directions. I spray all around my mulch. Turn them away before they see what they want to eat!
It's not a cheap product.....hence only 4 stars.....but if you invest in a sprayer and get the concentrate it's a $$ saver. I would rather invest in this than plants and trees that get devoured by the wildlife.
Good luck and follow the directions!
on June 18, 2009
Have to admit that I only ordered this repellent in desperation as the rabbits were eating my garden up and the area was just too large to even think about fencing. So based only on Amazon's heresay I ordered it. I didn't even order a sprayer, just decided I would use my little quart sprayer as I did not think Liquid Fence would work anyway. Well was I surprised: first, it was very easy to handle, though a little stinky, and after the first application "no more rabbits grazing in my garden". I will admit that after the first application I followed with another for 2 mornings. I probably went a little overboard, but it was so wonderful to see an undamaged garden each morning. Can't speak for how it works with deer but it is the answer for rabbits. I, also, ended up ordering a Gilmour gallon sprayer which really makes it a snap to apply to the garden.
on July 31, 2008
I love Hostas and have many but also have many deer which love the Hostas as much as I do. As long as I apply the Invisible Fence monthly, I do not experience any deer damage to the hostas.