5.0 out of 5 stars Best wax I've ever used
Published on April 17, 2007 by Jason

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK
For me, it's just OK... I was actually looking for some exceptional coating for my car which is easily applied and buffed, but this one is just like the other ones I have used before where you have to apply, let it dry and then buff hardly to remove the white stuff.
Published 6 months ago by Ronaldo

5.0 out of 5 stars Best wax I've ever used, April 17, 2007
Jason (Bellevue, NE United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Liquid Glass LG-100 Ultimate Auto Polish/Finish - 16 oz. (Automotive)
Working for a dealership for several years doing detail work, I've used a lot of different car waxes. Liquid Glass is the easiest I ever used and it produces the best results. On a bright day you can see swirl marks in the clear coat left by most waxes and polishing compounds. That is one problem I never once had with this stuff. In fact, the surface is truly left with a mirror like finish. But the one thing that makes this my favorite car wax is that you can actaully use it in the sun. All other waxes I've used have on the directions to use it in the shade on a cool surface. Liquid Glass actually bonds to the waxed surface when "baked" in the sun. I enjoy waxing the car in the drive way instead of the garage. And typically, I only have to wax my own car once a year with liquid glass. The stuff really is that great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not the Holy Grail, April 16, 2012
I torture-tested this product on a big black Lincoln Town Car Signature L that emerged from the winter with the old wax stripped off by time, weather and automatic car washes. This is a car I detail by hand during the warmer seasons, so I decided to try Liquid Glass when it came time to revitalize the finish.

The most appealing characteristics of Liquid Glass are ease of use, lack of residue, durability, and its ability to repel water and road dirt. This is possibly the easiest product to remove that I have ever used. You can apply it to the entire car in just about any conditions and buff it off very easily, although you may have some white powder floating around if you apply it too heavily. It doesn't stain plastic or rubber parts, so you don't have to worry much about where you apply it. Liquid Glass repels water so well that I can just about dry the car completely with the exhaust from my shop vacuum, with just a little help from a microfiber cloth. Its water-repelling properties make it useful to apply to all the glass on the car as well as the painted parts.

Starting with essentially bare paint, I didn't find that a single coat of Liquid Glass was enough to produce the results I wanted, but two applications did the trick. I also tried a third coat to see what would happen, but additional benefits weren't apparent. (Each coat was applied on a different day to allow the product time to cure.) Liquid Glass produced a good shine, but the results didn't surpass what I've achieved with other quality products. Since I didn't have time to do any polishing, I wondered whether Liquid Glass would have some cosmetic effect of filling in swirl marks, but it didn't seem to do as much as some other products in this respect. There also wasn't an exceptional depth to the shine it produced on a black car. My impression is that the Liquid Glass finish is hard and durable, but on the thin side. It does, however, produce a slick finish that repels water and road dirt very well, so that sometimes I only need to rinse the car with water and blow it dry instead of washing it.

Liquid Glass is a good product in many respects, and I intend to get my money's worth from the can I bought. The jury is still out as to whether I'll buy more or try something else.

UPDATE: The product I ultimately decided to stick with is Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Polish. It's a synthetic polish with all the benefits of Liquid Glass that I described above. However, it's even easier to use than Liquid Glass, more economical, and produces a better-looking result. Unlike Liquid Glass, Turtle Wax Ice actually has some ability to mask swirl marks, and it produces a deeper shine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best wax you can buy at any price, October 26, 2008
Over the years I have tried just about every car wax available, at every price point. Not that long ago I threw out the mostly unused bottles of just about everything else and stocked up on a few more cans of liquid glass. Every now and then I will test out the latest and greatest but I keep coming back.

In terms of shine, durability and protection, I simply have found nothing better. A few years ago I noticed a friend's car had a wet paint shine to it and that is when I discovered this product. I have since achieved the same results on all of my own vehicles of varying age and color. It is a shine and slickness that people ask about.

Recently, the good workers of PennDot were directing traffic over a recently painted yellow line. Later I discovered lots of dreaded yellow speckles all over the lower quarter. Thanks to a couple coats of liquid glass protecting my paint, I was able to easily remove what could have been a disaster.

Sure, some of the pure caranuba waxes are nice, so long as you hardly ever take your garage queen further than the enclosed trailer. What is nice about Liquid glass is that you do not need to reapply it every month to keep a great shine.

Finally, I find that this is a very easy product to apply. Follow the instructions and use the pre-cleaner the very first time you use this product and you will be good to go for a long time. On certain colors (i.e. red) I sometimes get a bit of streaking. Again just follow the instructions and you will find that a quick spray of water while buffing easily fixes that issue.

I have no afiliation with Liquid Glass other than being an extremely satisfied customer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Wax, October 1, 2007
With the dizzying array of car care products out there, one could easily be confused on which car wax is the best. I, myself still don't know, and I tried many. I'm not a detailing freak, but I do like to keep my cars looking good and clean. I'm not one with the Q-tips around all the knobs and dials or the toothbrush on the rims. But, I am one for regular washes and a few good coats of wax.
I have a 1999 Lincoln Town car which was given to me by father-in law who passed away in April 2006. He loved his car and always took good care of it. He also knew that I always took good care of my cars, which is why he wanted me to have his. I've kept my promise to him.
In August 2007 my wife and I bought her a new Hyundai Tucson. She wanted black which I tried to discourage because as anyone with a dark colored car knows their tough to keep looking good. But when their washed and waxed, it shines like a diamond in the sun. The same with my Lincoln. It's white and also hard to keep clean and looking good.
For me, Liquid Glass made waxing a little more enjoyable. It went on easy and came off easier. It left a shine that was second to none. And throw away that Rain-X. This stuff works great on glass too! A good buffing towel helped keep the swirl marks on the black car to near zero. Now, both my cars have one good coat of Meguiar's Next Generation wax along with two good coats of Liquid Glass.
Although, I'm not a car care expert, this combination worked like for magic for me, but I'm sure most any any wax is good. It certainly dosen't hurt.I'm a big fan of Liquid Glass now and would highly recommend it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Ever, May 9, 2009
Liquid Glass Ultimate Auto Polish (16 oz.)I am 63 years old and have used about every brand of wax out there. Nothing compares to ease of applying and removing Liquid Glass. Sun or shade,buff in 10 minutes or an hour still comes off as easy as dusting furniture. Does not leave white residue or any swirl marks, easier to remove by hand instead of buffer. The company says that a minimum of 25 coats will make this chip resistant. I am doing this daily just to the front end. The shine is as good or better than I have ever seen. I will stop looking for the best, I have found it!
Bought a bottle of Black Magic, the highest rated according to Consumer Reports,used twice and threw the bottle away because of product performance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Bug Protection, April 27, 2008
I have used this for years. In parts of Florida and the SouthEast, we have what we call "love bugs." Nasty little things with acid bodies that will etch the paint down to bare metal if you don't remove them.

Liquid Glass is the only product I found that protects the paint against these little devils. All the other points about quality of finish, etc., are true, but this protection is amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Polish I have EVER used period!, February 14, 2012
Ken (Oklahoma City, OK) - See all my reviews
Ok, so I bought a new 2012 F150 Platinum, and wanted something to keep it looking nice. Since I have used Meguiars for years I was skeptical about Liquid Glass especially with the price. After reading several positive reviews on the F150 forums, and on here I gave it a shot.

Well....I wasn't disappointed. It truly made my Red Candy paint look like it was covered in glass. In fact a buddy at church had a Blue Flame F150, and waxed his using Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax. We parked side by side and you could tell a considerable difference in the finish. He even asked "What did you do to make your truck looks so good?"

After that I had a road trip of a little over 500 miles with day and night time driving. In the process I got bugs, road tar and road oil on my paint. Went to the car wash, and because it was still new (less than 1500 miles) I only used the Spot Free Rinse. To my surprise the elements just came off. I did have to use a clean cotton rag to get some of the road tar off, and some of the more stubborn bugs, but they still came off with ease just using the same type of buffing you would do when drying.

What I also like is how you can use it on the lights and windows to help repel rain spots. Let me also mention this. Have you ever had a clean car and parked by an automatic sprinkler? You come out and find water spots all over your car? Well with Liquid Glass it's an EASY fix. Using a damp rag and a micro fiber cloth you can have it spot free in a matter of minutes, yes minutes, and I'm talking about a Super Crew pickup not a small car.

You most definitely will want to use the pre-cleaner if the car has old wax or is dirty, but that doesn't take long. Also you will be the most impressed with at least two coats with three being the preferred amount.

Another thing I like is I am able to put the product on while outside, and in the sun. It actually recommends you let it bake in for best results. If you are in a hurry you can apply and buff off, but eventually I would recommend letting it bake in for best results.

It does have some white dust when buffing but nothing like regular was, and the times I got it on my black plastic, I was able to get it off easily using water. (I also use Aerospace 303 on the plastic which is also wonderful).

I would recommend getting several micro fiber towels, and watch the ones that have a sewn edge. Sometime the edge can scratch the paint as well as the tag. I always cut the tag off and fold it so the edges of the towel never come into contact with the paint.

I don't usually write a review this long, but then again I have never had a product that has blown me away like this. I am utterly impressed with this product. If you try it I don't believe you will be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars A remarkable protector for your paint..., April 29, 2008
D. Wunovic (Niagara Falls, New York United States) - See all my reviews
Over the years, I've tried so many polishes and waxes for my vehicles that I've lost count. Yes, many are quite good and serve a unique purpose. But I've learned a couple of things.
Carnauba wax, which is touted as the "cat's meow" in car finishes, doesn't impress me much. First, the best carnaubas cost a fortune. Then, they're a pain to apply and buff. And on top of all that, carnaubas (being a "natural" product) eventually turn yellow and break down.
One of the fabulous things about "Liquid Glass"is that it does NOT break down and turn your finish yellow. It applies easily. buffs easily, and truly gleams! I saw a Liquid Glass sales demonstration once where they took a lit cigarette and laid it down on the hood of a car that had been waxed with Liquid Glass. It actually protected the paint from any damage.Don't expect that from carnauba or anything else.
Liquid Glass is the longest lasting wax I've ever used. It will keep on beading water and protecting your vehicle's paint long after you've applied it. Don't let the name "polish" fool you. This product doesn't need wax (or anything else) laid on top of it.
One last "testimonial". My father-in-law has a vintage Mustang and is soooo fussy about his paint finish; he loves a shiny car. I lent him my Liquid Glass, and now it's the only product he uses.

5.0 out of 5 stars 10 year old truck still looks new, May 26, 2006
When I bought my brand new Ford Ranger I wanted a quality product to protect the finish, something more than ordinary wax. I was told to try Liquid Glass and that is all I have ever used on my truck. My Ranger is now 10 years old and the finish still looks like new. That is saying alot for a vehicle in the northeast, with 145,000 miles on it (many of those miles are off-road). Now I have a new car and will definitely continue to use Liquid Glass on all my vehicles.

5.0 out of 5 stars The 21st century way to 'wax' your car, April 29, 2012
Waxing a car is kind of a pain. You have to do it in the shade. You have to buff it, often with a machine (for best results). And after all that, you have to put a new coat on every few months to keep a waxy surface. Not to mention the fact that some waxes turn yellow with time.

Enter Liquid Glass. Apply in the sun, in the shade. It doesn't matter. You apply it with a rag and can easily buff it off with another rag a few minutes later - you'll never need a machine and there are NO streak marks. The surface it leaves is ridiculously smooth. This stuff is a polymer, so it'll actually bake on in the sun. Plus, you probably only need to do it like every six months or so. And every time you apply Liquid Glass, you build up that polymer coating a little bit more.

We've used this on our three cars for about 3-4 years and the paint jobs on all of them still look pristine (not that I have much to compare it to). What impresses me is that even after not being washed or waxed for a few months, it still "feels" waxed.

And that's not all... it's works great on glass, too. I've always been a big fan of Rain X, but an application never seemed to last long and it had to be buffed multiple times to remove the hazy streak marks that appear in direct sunlight. Per the suggestions of other reviewers, I applied it to all exterior glass surfaces. Comes off easy and leaves no real streak marks. To the touch, it felt like I had applied Rain X. I got to drive it in the rain the day after and in my estimation, it works better than Rain X!

In summary - Throw out all your bottles of wax and glass treatment. Liquid Glass goes on easier, looks better, needs to be applied less frequently, makes your car easier to clean and preserves the paint job. Totally worth the money.

Liquid Glass LG-100 Ultimate Auto Polish/Finish - 16 oz.
$19.99 $19.95