Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on December 30, 2012
This product is absolutely amazing! People that are giving it bad reviews are not reading the information about the product or the directions. It doesn't straighten your hair, it is not a relaxer. If you need a relaxer on your hair, then this can be used in addition to that, not as a substitute. And it says in the instructions that you blow dry/flat iron after the first application, you don't just leave it on and then rinse it out days later. That doesn't even make any sense. I do not relax my hair and have found that Liquid Keratin gets it as straight (and shiny and healthy) as it can be. And it makes my curls look amazing if I feel like wearing my hair curly. You do not use the conditioner or the leave-in during the initial treatment. You just wash thoroughly with the shampoo and then put the treatment in, leave it for 30 minutes, and then blow dry and flat iron. Follow the directions and do a little reading before leaving bad reviews.
0Comment28 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2013
I have thick shoulder length wavy/curly hair, however, I straighten it every day, and that leaves my hair dry and dull looking. Over the years I've tried multiple different products, some were great, some did not deliver promised results. I saw this item on sale on one of my shopping websites, and decided to give it a try. The result was amazing! My hair is silky smooth and shiny, and it cut my blow drying/straightening time in half in the mornings. After the treatment I completely have no need for a flat iron anymore. Even in Caribbean tropical humidity my hair did not get frizzy. My hairdresser was shocked how easy it was to blow dry my hair! The treatment definitely lasts longer than 30 days. I only do it every 2.5 - 3 months. The kit lasted me two times. I wish this line of products smelled little bit better, but that's easily fixed. I've suggested this product to many of my friends and all of them are very grateful. I highly recommend this product to anyone who wishes to cut their morning routine in half and have great looking hair done at your own house.
on April 22, 2013
This product does what it says. I have natural kinky curly hair that I like to where straight from time to time. My hair is gorgeous after it is straightened, but after time it frizzed even though I live in a low humidity climate. This product won't straighten your hair but it will become extremely manageable, very soft and super shiny. I still have a little frizz, but as the instructions over time the more you use it, the better your curls will be more defined. I rated it 4 stars because I will continue to use this product for maximum results.
on September 9, 2013
I'm happy I waited a month before reviewing this product. I want to start off by saying that this product does actually work. As a 4c African American with natural hair, when I first flat ironed my hair after the product I could not believe how straight and shiny it made my hair. I followed the directions to a T. I waited exactly 48 hours before washing the Keratin treatment out of my hair and to my amazement, I had very loose 4a curls. After spraying the Leave-in treatment that came with the kit, I added a curl enhancing leave in from another hair brand and enjoyed my first ever wash and go. In my 1 year of being natural I've never been able to wear a wash and go. The treatment also reduced my breakage.

So here are my overall results:
After my second wash a week later using the shampoo, conditioner and leave-in that came with the kit, my curl pattern was not as loose but my hair was still easy to manage and very soft. Third wash three weeks later, my hair was pretty much back to its normal state with a few curls here and there. And forth wash four weeks later it was obvious I needed to redo the treatment to get the effects of the Keratin treatment again. So basically it does live up to the hype and only lasted a month for my hair type. I really do not want to flat iron my hair every month so I plan to do the treatment one more time just to finish up all the product but I don't think I will repurchase. I'm now looking for a Keratin treatment that will give me the same results but last at least 2 (possibly 3) months.

***UPDATE***
After doing a lot of research and even testing a few other at home keratin treatments, I am convinced this liquid Keratin Bold treatment is as good as it will get for my natural African American hair. After doing a little research, I've noticed a lot of treatments contain formaldehyde which is a chemical I would rather not put into my hair. I am now used to the application process of this product and I love the results. I now depend on this product to help manage my natural hair and if they decide to discontinue, I will be up a creek without a paddle! Like others have commented, this is not meant to relax/straighten your hair but better help manage your curls and breakage. And in the event you would like to straighten your hair (via a flat iron), you will be left with straight frizz free hair that WILL revert back to its natural state once washed. Overall I'm satisfied with the kit and will continue to repurchase.
on January 21, 2013
The product may work well on caucasian hair but not so well on black hair. Lot of hype but no results.
on January 17, 2014
I tried a Keratin treatment last summer in a salon and paid over $200 bucks for it.... I loved the results but the price really hurt. A friend of mine suggested trying the at home treatment, I was very skeptical of doing this because I don't really trust myself with my own hair, and my results usually leaves me with thick roots and not so straight hair. For starters, I should probably mention that I am an African American female who stopped relaxing my hair about three years ago. I wish I would have discovered this product then as it would have definitely helped with the transition. The common misconception of a keratin treatment is that people think it will make your hair straight. This is totally false, what it does is improves the natural texture of your hair. It tames frizz and detangles and gives you a natural shine and soft appeal to your hair that lasts for a long long time after many many washes.

I have successfully washed, blow dried, and flat iron my hair and walked out of my bathroom with a salon quality treatment. I highly recommend purchasing this item, you will not fregret it!
on January 5, 2013
I like this produt my hair is shine but the color is change is more darkness but I like the product
on October 26, 2014
Don't waste your time or your money! Yes it did work at first. After all the hardwork my hair did look nice, but only for one day. I followed the directions, I waited 48 hours to wash my hair. As soon as I washed my hair, it looked no different from when I first started the product. Of course my hair looked nice the first day; I spent hours applying the product, blow drying my hair, and straightening my hair.
Oh yea, this stuff stinks! It smelled terrible while I was straightening my hair, I even had to open the bathroom window because of the smell. The shampoo and conditioner smells gross too.
on May 6, 2015
DO NOT USE KERATIN BOLD OR KERATIN 60 DAY ON TOP OF A CHEMICAL RELAXER! One review indicates that you can use it in conjunction with a chemical relaxer. If you do, hair will BREAK! I know I did it once and I waited 6 months after application to do it. Stupidly, at this time (early 2010) I didnt know how to finesse my hair with the flat iron. So my hair was really long and due to my tight curls, would take like 2 hours plus to straighten. So I thought ok I'll super loosen it with an "organic" relaxer. WRONG! Big mistake. If you dye, bleach and relax your hair adding a keratin straightener (including Brazilian and dont get me started on that stuff even with like .001 formaldehyde, during the application it irritated me giving me a burning sensation in my nose and throat at the salon in 2009) will result in hair breakage over a period of time. Even if you just relax but dont dye your hair, why take such risks?

Secondly, if you have extremely tight hair, Keratin Bold may not reduce the texture of your hair. This product works to loosen the curl and reduce frizz. The flat iron does the straightening (the CHI original flat iron is the only one I use).

Again, Keratin Bold doesn't straighten the hair like a chemical relaxer. I don't think it's meant for super tight hair that CANT be straightened without chemicals, at least not on the first round, but it may very well straighten it after repeated use. If you cant blow dry or flat iron your natural hair this may be too weak of a product.

With that being said, it works like a charm on curly hair (the Keratin Bold). I love it. It washes out so its not permanent. I only have to use it if i choose, every 6 months or more. Also, I can straighten my hair without chemicals so this product lasts long for me.

As for the 60 day (non-bold) I HATED IT. Organic smell my a**. I couldn't get the "organic" nasty smell out for weeks. Every time I washed my hair, I had to smell it again and my pillow cases stunk. The smell lingered. I HATE IT! I dont recommend it.

This is my experience. I don't begrudge anyone who doesn't agree. Yet, Keratin Bold works great. If you're unsure, buy the product and have a stylist do it for you. Just to reiterate, even if products claim to be safe to use with other chemicals, doesn't make it true. The more chemicals used on the hair, the more the hair is stripped of it's natural elasticity. I totally get and understand the frustration. Lastly, don't trust Dominican hairstylists that claim it's safe to let them use keratin in lieu of a relaxer for touch ups. It's totally two different products.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 26, 2013
For all of you 1 Star reviewers that complain of unstraightened hair, the directions are:

1) Wash
7) Condition
8) Apply leave-in conditioner
9) Blow dry
10)Flat iron

There is no magical solution in this kit that relaxes, smooths, straightens hair upon contact. The key is to infuse the solution into the hair through the use of high heat. The infusion is what, temporarily, reduces any curl or frizziness. It doesn't eliminate it. This is only a styling aide that is a cheaper and less effective version of the Brazilian Blowout (which uses Formaldehyde or 1 of its derivatives) and relaxers (sodium/calcium hydroxide, "thio").

I'm a mom of an African-American young daughter with 4C hair. Out of desperation (she's "tenderheaded", 7am work start time, other small children, LOTS of house chores, etc.) I put a mild relaxer in her hair. BIG mistake! It looked great at first since my goal was not straight hair but a more relaxed texture and more manageable hair. I only left the mild relaxer in her hair for 5-10 minutes, and used it with a mixture of oils and conditioners to lessen the effect. After about 2 years or so of doing this (every 6 months), it eventually straightened her hair straight - and then it fell out! In patches. I then vowed never again to use permanent chemicals in her hair.

After that, I turned to braids. They look great and keep well, but my daughter HATES the process and her tender headedness makes for a sore scalp and headaches immediately afterward even though I make sure the braids are loose. I have to give her Tylenol or Ibuprofen afterwards. I've decided to give those a break for now too.

Then I've tried twists, twist outs, cornrows and other natural styles. They look great the 1st day, but afterward, begin to get fuzzy and dreadlock despite using satin head coverings at night being properly moisturized. I can NEVER leave them in for more than 2 days. The last time I did that, her hair was well on its way to permanently dreading after 5 days. The amount of time it takes to do these styles coupled with my other numerous and demanding responsibilities at home doesn't make it feasible for me to continue these stylings at that rate. I need something that lasts weekly.

So now I've decided to "heat train" my daughter's hair to make it more manageable. I've pressed and flat ironed her hair before and she's not much of a fan of that either, but at least it doesn't make her head/scalp sore afterwards. Also, her heat styled hair lasts for a week at a time in good condition! I've read just about everything on keratin treatments and this seems about the safest, and easiest, thing I can find for use on a child to aide in my heat styling. Since her hair is completely natural now (all the relaxed bits broke off years ago), thick, healthy and fiercely strong, I don't foresee any adverse effects due to dry, damaged, brittle, thin or chemically treated hair.

I've just purchased this item and will amend my review after my first use (probably after the first 48 hours). I plan to use it the 1st weekend after I receive it. Wish me luck! ☺
11 comment4 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse