Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Liquid Transfer Gasoline Water and Air Siphon Inflation Pump with Hose
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fire TV Stick Pink Floyd Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on February 8, 2012
This gasoline siphon pump works very well. We have a 5 KW gasoline powered standby generator connected to our home electrical system. A certified transfer switch was installed to prevent standby power from feeding into the grid when there is a power failure. We have a 65 imp gallon aluminum gasoline tank in which we maintain an inventory of gasoline to get us through a long duration outage or heaven forbid a serious earthquake (authorities say we will get a biggy someday) We buy standby gasoline in proper gasoline jerry cans & transfer it into the storage tank then add the appropriate amount of stabalizer for the volume stored. About every six months we drain the generator gas tank and fill it with fresh stabalized gasoline. The drained gas is used in either of our vehicles. We do the same thing with the storage tank. Before we bought this pump we used a whirley crank hand pump, it is awkward and started to leak then would not pump (Chinese junk). The pump is a bit slow but does not leak, I have developed a tequnique for draining the gas out of the pump, with the handle pulled out fully remove the suction hose from the tank or jerry can & hold the entire unit up so all the gas runs into the container you are filling.
on January 18, 2014
I was looking for something to siphon gasoline from my truck for use in my generator during a power outage. Gasoline storage is always an issue. I had been previously using a peice of hose which worked but left a bad taste in my mouth. Much better than other squeese bulb siphons. Comes with several air pump attachments, which I threw away. I did not try to use it as an air pump.
on February 27, 2015
Giving this item 1 Star. If I could I would give it 1/10th of a star.
From the image, it appears as a decent quality, and pretty useful thing.
However, following issues I have encountered with the examination of the pump, and how it arrived.

1) It arrived in torn and damaged packaging, internal packaging, being perfectly packaged on the exterior.
2) It smelled of gasoline and many other chemicals, very clearly a returned item, my intent was to use it in my indoor "garden" to siphon off some excess water from the self-watering planters, last thing I needed a toxic chemical permeated item to use on it.
3) Upon examination of the pump, the hoses, etc: Lets face it, for 17 bucks I did not expect the pinnacle of high quality materials, but I expected something at least standard, well - no dice. The hose material is made of the most low quality plastic I can imagine, it is paper thin, bends so easily it would become brittle, and would break within weeks of use. The connections are shoddy, and beyond cheaply made, and by cheaply I don't mean, "oh look, there are some imperfections to be expected in mass produced items" no, it is "Oh wow, what a POS, I am afraid it will come apart in my hands, and I feel ripped off, when I expected a normal plastic pump and got something made out of Styrofoam" .

The price of the item from Amazon is $17.00; this thing must have cost 50 cents to make in some Chinese sweatshop, and if I paid $3 dollars for it, I wouldn't even bother to write a review, would just throw it away. However, taking into account of being inconvenienced by even opening this horror, Amazon should pay me $3 for this review - as to not to disgust any future customers who might even deign to consider to purchase this poop on the stick.
on September 23, 2012
I bought this liquid transfer pump at my local Pep Boys, to add gear oil to my transmission, I added the first quart with a piece of 6" vinyl hose attached to the top of the bottle:this method was difficult because of the angle so for the following two quarts I used the transfer pump and it went very smoothly with no mess. Tip: when you insert the hoses into the pump, push them in very firmly so that there is no air leakage. Also it took only 10-12 pumps to do one quart of oil. Five Stars
on August 13, 2012
THIS SIPHON WORKS LIKE A CHARM - USED IT TO SIPHON OLD GAS FROM THE GAS
TANK OF MY BOAT - PERFECT - WOULD RECOMMEND IT HIGHLY.
on February 11, 2015
What a total piece of garbage. Does not produce or hold enough suction to pull water or gas up the intake hose (even if you cut it to half the supplied length). There are dollar store items that would work better than this (actually this may be a dollar store item marked up and sold for an immense profit to us unsuspecting buyers.) As most other reviews have stated (fine I thought I would be lucky and not get one that sucks...oh wait...mine does not suck) avoid this Chinese made junk and find something with actual positive reviews from VERIFIED purchasers - all the rest are obviously fake.
on May 22, 2013
gone are the years that we were stupid enough to siphon gas by sucking on a tube right???? if the SHTF i want to be able to pump and run! i've tried out our new hose and it does the job! and it is easy to use! and you don't get a mouthful of gas :) always a bonus :)
on December 21, 2014
I used this to attempt to siphon bad gas from my quad. The hoses were stiffer than R. Kelly at a girl scout meeting and kept curling up making siphoning impossible. When I finally managed to get the hoses into the liquid it leaked from every place it could. The hoses, the plunger, the hose connectors, everywhere. I would've gotten less gas on myself had I cut my gas tank open and moved it one bare handful at a time to my other container. Do not buy this unless you have a fetish for wearing a liquid (see R. Kelly above) or need a new sprinkler.
on June 26, 2013
The pump didn't want to siphon. The hose kept popping out of the pump and spilling all over. I finally gave up and used my garden hose. I would suggest it is a lot cheaper and it won't leak all over the place.
on May 20, 2013
Works great. The pump starts the flow of water and it continues to flow by siphon if the outlet is lower than the inlet. It includes a tiny hose attachment for pumping water from a tiny opening. It also includes attachments to pump up a ball with several different types of attachments (one for a regular basketball, one for a blow up beach toy and another for a regular bike tire). Very versatile and works well.