4.0 out of 5 stars Not for Small Engines!
I bought this spark tester to see if my 2 stroke scooter was getting a spark. Well I still can't tell because the ends of this tester are to big to be in-line with smaller spark plugs. I did not know this before I bought it. It may be great for cars but if you have a small spark plug with a lawn mower, leaf blower or scooter look elsewhere because this will not fit.
Published on May 3, 2012 by G. Wolz

3.0 out of 5 stars Works OK...
Published on April 2, 2012 by P. Schuh

4.0 out of 5 stars Not for Small Engines!, May 3, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Spark Tester, September 12, 2011
chuck J. (Merritt Island, Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lisle 20610 Inline Spark Tester (Automotive)
I've been pulling plugs for 35 years, grounding them and looking for spark, until now. What a Great Addition to my arsenal of tools for troubleshooting. It's built very well, and works great. What more can I say!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Spart Tester, June 8, 2011
Greg M Cutler (Glastonbury, CT 06033, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lisle 20610 Inline Spark Tester (Automotive)
I do like this spark tester because it's easy to see if you have proper spark when you are alone. I'm old school and testing spark is easy. normally just remove the spark plug and make sure you have a gap to a goood ground and you can see it, and even have done it where you hold it and take the small jolt yourself. Really when you are alone and it's a recoil start engine someone else has to pull the rope for lawnmowers, snow blowers etc. Cars well same thing someone else has to turn the ignition switch, not that I havent' just crossed a screwdriver across the solenoid on cars and boats that actually have an external solenoid. I have had other gap style testers too but I can now see spark easily alone. I work on lots of different stuff and it's nice to have a visual diagnostic tool so I would suggest this item to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective; gets the job done, February 26, 2010
This review is from: Lisle 20610 Inline Spark Tester (Automotive)
I didn't believe it at first when three of my four cylinders showed no spark. However, became a believer when it proved true (rats had chewed thru the harness in which the wires to the coils were located). Much easier than pulling the plugs and testing directly; keeps the plug firing rather than building up unburned fuel in the cylinder. Great product

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice tool, works well, February 25, 2010
Rob K (Gloucester, MA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lisle 20610 Inline Spark Tester (Automotive)
I used this to help diagnose a possible ignition problem on a friends car. It's connections are easy to use in a variety of circumstances. Only complaint is that it's hard to see if it's in direct sunlight, but I can't think of any way around that issue. Would recommend this product to everyone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works OK..., April 2, 2012
This review is from: Lisle 20610 Inline Spark Tester (Automotive)
It does work if you can get it connected. I had problems getting the spark plug fitting down over the plug in my 16V Volvo head. Had to modify a tool to push it on. The plug boot needs to be longer to allow it to be easily pushed down into twin cam heads. The other end also would not stay clipped into the plug lead without me holding it firmly in place. Both ends of the device could use some redesign. However, once I struggled to get the thing hooked up, it worked great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lisle inline spark tester, August 22, 2011
This review is from: Lisle 20610 Inline Spark Tester (Automotive)
I have been working on my classic car for years, this product, at it's great price and quality is a great way to test for spark at your cars spark plug, and you can do it by yourself. One of the best tools I have in my toolbox.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked just fine on my chipper/shredder, November 9, 2013
This review is from: Lisle 20610 Inline Spark Tester (Automotive)
There are a number of similar testing tools out there and this one appears to be a little more rugged than some of the cheaper ones. I bought it to use on a chipper/shredder 4-cycle engine that wasn't starting and it worked just fine. I noticed that I had to make sure that I pressed hard on the boot so that the metal clip inside the boot made a good connection with the top of the plug.

I'm not sure why some other reviews said that this wouldn't work on smaller engines. The connections on this tool fit any standard spark plug. Other than not having good access to the plug itself, I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work on any engine.

4.0 out of 5 stars quickly found that I had an ignition problem, February 12, 2009
loosenut "Don" (CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lisle 20610 Inline Spark Tester (Automotive)
well made and the straight/angled boots worked great. If it only had a way to self test that the light is working it would rate a perfect 5 stars. If you have no spark you wonder if the device is working or not. Minor issue....buy it anyway, its simplicity is its strength.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, February 4, 2010
A. M. (Cary, NC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lisle 20610 Inline Spark Tester (Automotive)
Easy to use and works as promised. Just plug each end in, start the engine and then watch the bulb as it flashes at the same time the spark plug is firing.

Lisle 20610 Inline Spark Tester