Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 32 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 29, 2011 10:42:00 AM PDT
Squall's Dad says:
C'mon Amazon, I don't come here to buy books at the list price. Thats like going to the car dealer and paying sticker. Help us out here.

Posted on Sep 29, 2011 11:23:25 AM PDT
Bones says:
Even at list price, it's currently the #1 video game guide seller. Amazon has no reason to lower the price.

Posted on Sep 29, 2011 11:50:28 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 29, 2011 10:12:29 PM PDT
Squall's Dad says:
Yes, you are correct. I pre-ordered it myself, here, at full price. Still, one can dream...

Posted on Sep 30, 2011 2:17:44 PM PDT
bookdepository.com has it for 18.10 and free shipping.

Posted on Sep 30, 2011 9:07:59 PM PDT
Squall's Dad says:
Thank you, Mr Williams. I have never shopped there, how is their shipping?

Posted on Oct 1, 2011 4:03:47 AM PDT
Future Press says:
It's strange for us as well, and we would wish they would give 30% just like they do on other guides. Sorry guys. Be aware that bookdepository ships with a weak packaging. We have heard many complaints about damaged books and late arrivals when shipped into the US.

Posted on Oct 1, 2011 1:29:00 PM PDT
Squall's Dad says:
Thank you for the heads-up. I am keeping my pre-order order here, because you can not beat Amazon's customer service. Looking forward to it, Future Press!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2011 3:25:35 PM PDT
vietguy1127 says:
i'm just curious but how much profit does futurepress make per book

Posted on Oct 1, 2011 7:57:45 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 1, 2011 7:58:37 PM PDT
I've ordered from bookdepository.com in the past and had no trouble. I ordered the Deus Ex: Human Revolution guide from them and today I ordered this book from them as well.
Here's the link: http://www.bookdepository.com/Dark-Souls-Official-Guide-Future-Press/9783869930480

Posted on Oct 2, 2011 1:07:22 AM PDT
Future Press says:
vietguy1127: I hope you understand that we can't disclose this information, but it's far less than you would think ,-)

John: Thanks for the info. We've heard customers complaining even here at Amazon, that's why we thought we should issue a warning.

Posted on Oct 2, 2011 6:19:06 AM PDT
Wow thats cool of Future Press to post on here! I am so excited for your guide! I'm so glad that YOU are the ones that are making it! Can't Wait!!!

Posted on Oct 2, 2011 3:17:49 PM PDT
E.C. says:
I sent Amazon the bookdepository link so they can see the lower price. Probably won't work, but it's worth a shot. The "lower price" link is in that blue box near the very bottom of the page.

Come on Amazon, help us out here. Even Future Press is pushing for a discount...

Posted on Oct 2, 2011 6:13:31 PM PDT
Cam says:
just ordered the guide from bookdepository as well, i know i'll be waiting longer for it but i'm sorry for 18 bucks i could not pass it up with free shipping

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2011 1:19:58 AM PDT
vietguy1127 says:
did you know that bookdepository has been acquired by amazon. the higher price is dues to import cost or so they say.

Posted on Oct 3, 2011 5:25:27 AM PDT
E.C. says:
Does bookdepository charge your card right when the order is placed? I'd rather be charged only when the item actually ships.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2011 6:32:56 AM PDT
Future Press says:
Vietguy1127, the books are all produced in the US, there are no import costs for Amazon. If you order via bookdepository, the book had been imported into the UK and then sent back into the US. So, it travels around the world to reach you.

Posted on Oct 4, 2011 8:31:03 AM PDT
MoogleMan says:
I grabbed mine from amazon yesterday, thanks Future Press.
Keep up the good work, your books rermind me of versus books from way back when books weren't just glorified manuals like a lot of brady or prima guides.

Posted on Oct 4, 2011 9:06:54 AM PDT
Future Press says:
Yeah, we remember versus as being quite good, too. Too bad they are gone...

Posted on Oct 4, 2011 10:14:49 AM PDT
Squall's Dad says:
Future Press = Class.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2011 10:18:52 AM PDT
MoogleMan says:
For sure!

Posted on Oct 4, 2011 2:28:50 PM PDT
E.C. says:
Yeah, those Versus guides were the best. Great info, and tried their very best to be spoiler-free.

Posted on Oct 5, 2011 11:08:08 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 5, 2011 11:39:46 AM PDT
erik says:
Amazon took my preorder for the guide and now tells me they dont have one. What really pisses me off is that now I will have to hunt for it and pray I find one. I think it is complete crap that I can preorder the dark souls guide the day it is put on amazon and still not get it. No one hardly was buying it at the time. I guess they take preorders for items that they don't even have.

On a side note, I appreciate future press posting here and making a quality product as that is very rare nowadays. Keep it up future press.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2011 2:27:39 PM PDT
vietguy1127 says:
i wasnt the first one to preorder this but i was pretty early. this is probably the last time i preorder something on amazon. futurepress is probably to blame here too why wasnt it sent out to amazon before the release date. i dont think anyone from amazon actually got their copy yet

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2011 3:44:16 PM PDT
MoogleMan says:
According to future press amazon has the books on the way.

Posted on Oct 6, 2011 4:44:18 AM PDT
@NiteWalker Thank you very much for this information. This is the best new I've heard all week. :)
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  32
Initial post:  Sep 29, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 7, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dark Souls: The Official Guide
Dark Souls: The Official Guide by Future Press (Hardcover - October 4, 2011)
4.6 out of 5 stars (166)