Customer Discussions > Minutes to Midnight forum

Go Listen to Avril Lavign & Britney Spears!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 23, 2007 5:49:52 PM PDT
Mr. E. says:
I'm reading a bunch of little kids listening to this album and whining b/c it swears, crying b/c it's political, and complaining b/c it's softer. EVERYONE grows & changes. It's been SEVEN YEARS, do you ACTUALLY expect Minutes To Midnight to sound IDENTICAL to Hybrid Theory or Meteora??
If you don't want to have to expose your ears to curse words every now and again, pop in your Avril Lavign cd and shut up.
If you expect such an intelligent band as Linkin Park to BLINDLY IGNORE the MAJOR problems in politics, go play with your Mega Blocks & listen to Britney Spears on your iPod.
Linkin Park ROCKS. If you're not willing to open your minds a little to grow along with the band, don't worry, American Idol is starting a new season soon!

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2007 7:05:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 25, 2007 2:13:02 AM PDT
rock on man;

all of you down below me are just being rediculous now; chill out already

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2007 4:23:54 PM PDT
Mr. E,

The new album sucks. While that is my opinion it is fact to a majority of their fan base. We hate the new album for that simple reason: it epitomizes all that is "suck". Its bad on so many levels and has already been discussed at length on these boards. We have a right to give it 1 star because we believe it failed to deliver. You on the other hand feel that you can usurper that right from everyone by imposing a musical/opinion click hierarchy where people, to be in your "in crowd" must listen to the same music and share the same views as you. Well, we aren't that roll over, play dead, BAAAAAA stupid enough jump onto their, yours, or anyone else's popular opinion band wagon. These major problems in politics are well institutionalized into every media platform on the planet. I sure as hell don't want them in my IPOD, being regurgitated vocally to some half baked crap rock pop.

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2007 5:46:16 PM PDT
Jack says:
No he's right! I mean Avril Lavigne and Britney Spears now both sound "heavier" than Linkin Park does. Thanks for the suggestion!!

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2007 7:20:25 PM PDT
By god your right!!

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2007 6:10:04 AM PDT
Mr. E. says:
Hidden Valley Ranch,

Just because the media "covers" the problems in politics, obviously it didn't do a well enough job. We voted Bush in office TWICE.
As for the "we aren't that roll over, play dead, BAAAAAA stupid enough jump onto their, yours, or anyone else's popular opinion band wagon.": The "bandwagon" is exactly what Linkin Park is trying to avoid! By expressing intelligent thoughts and opinions in music. That is why, in contrast, Britney Spears and Avril Lavigne sound more appropriate for you people not willing to do to things at once: Enjoy music & Think.
Plus, if you recall, Linkin Park has always had this softer side to them, with songs like My December, the beat of In The End, Session, Crawling on Reanimation, and their Intro & Outro in Meteora. It just now has developed into a full album. I can't see how real fans are surprised.

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2007 12:03:50 PM PDT
Dee W. says:
I was thinking the same thing. I might just go listen to at least Arvil...at least her album seems to be harder than this and I don't even like her. LOL

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2007 3:50:28 AM PDT
Music sounds good to some and bad to others. That is an undeniable fact. You have a right to your opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2007 9:26:12 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 31, 2007 9:29:46 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2007 9:28:05 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 31, 2007 9:28:57 PM PDT
No says:
Mr E, Al Gore and John Kerry were the other choices.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2007 11:04:59 PM PDT
Cool Theory.......... why then does this knew Ozzy Cd own minutes to midnight then? heck ozzy is an old man he should sound like slaw then right??
why does this new megadeth CD sound pretty good??? surely mustaine has GROWN by now right?

bottom line there is NO excuse of this insolense of this CD by LP

I personally have a theory of my own..
when artist want out............ They purposely make slaw releases to end contracts and end their fan base...... they are tired of the live shows they are tired of the spot light.. they wanna raise kids have a family THATS your REAL growth and change........ How else do you explain such rampant and senseless stupidity???? I cannot

soooooo we add "Linkin Park" to the past list of artist who wanted out of the business.........

1.Linkin Park
2.Metallica
3.Korn
4.M.C. Hammer lol

NEXT!!!

Seriously this music thing is NEVER easy............. you have to be a REAL soldier to it...At least for your fans sake............ it will cost you MANY girlfriends and wives even......... BUT at the end of the day when its all gone...... the music remains..........

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2007 10:24:08 AM PDT
Actually Avril says "f uck" in her new album
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Minutes to Midnight forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  May 23, 2007
Latest post:  Jun 8, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Minutes to Midnight
Minutes to Midnight by Linkin Park (Audio CD - 2007)
3.8 out of 5 stars (33)