Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more

100%
Format: Audio CD|Change

on January 31, 2002
This CD is right up there with the "things we can't do without" along with his blanket and pacifier. My son (now 17 months) has been using this CD since birth to help him go to sleep, and listens to it at every nap and before bed, and is one of the most important of our bedtime rituals. I am a music teacher, and I like that this CD uses the real songs (such as Twinkle Twinkle and Brahms' Lullaby) in the real instrumentation -- not synthesized like so many other children's CD's out there. It calms him down whenever he is sick or upset, and it also calms me down, too! THis is a must for every parent.
on April 4, 2006
As a professional musician, I am always seeking great recordings for my 20 month old son. Since his birth, we have listened to this CD for quiet times and rest/sleep (it is soothing for us as parents too). I have purchased this CD multiple times to give as gifts to new parents. It is a favorite of ours!
on October 1, 2012
Search for baby lullaby music, and you will soon find that most of this so-called music is crappy electronic/midi recordings of synthesized instruments. Why is this? I have no idea. Filling the ears of little ones with synthesized music is akin to feeding your baby a TV dinner when you have a fresh garden in your back yard. Hearing develops fairly early in the womb - it is bizarre that most baby music assumes the little ones possess the abbility to make the distinction between a generic synthesized instrument play be a computer to the timbre of a physical instrument played by a human.

That said, this CD is excellent. This is real music, played by real people, on real instruments. It is a great collection, too (I do not perfer the last two tracks of the album, but that is completely my personal taste). There is piano solo music, orchestrations, and orchestral accompaniments to flute and clarinet solos - all very peaceful and relaxing. This CD is exactly what I was looking for. Very well done.

In case you do not know, most of the material from the Naxos label is of high quality. Naxos albums are typically priced lower than albums from more mainstream labels. Naxos has a knack for finding excellent recordings and excellent performances of not-yet mainstream artists. After seeing this this album is from Naxos, I was sold. You should be, too.
on January 21, 2009
I don't have a baby yet, but I'm pregnant and I enjoy it. It's perfect to relax. The two comments one of a professional musician and the one that says "real instrumentation -- not synthesized" helped me to buy this CD and I don't regret it.
on February 25, 2014
Beautifully recorded and has a nice flow of songs. We have been using this since day one and enjoy listening to it ourselves as well.
on September 7, 2014
Very good condition . thank you