Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Listening to God: Spiritual Formation in Congregations
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

67%
33%
Format: Paperback|Change

on January 20, 2016
This book is a great part of our training classes, and I have found that every book suggested is the same. Thank God sfor some sound material to hlp take us to a higher level of spiritual growth (and power).
on June 11, 2012
Of all the books I have read so far on spiritual formation, I have probably appreciated Ackerman's the most. He was incredibly thoughtful in putting together his information, acknowledging that not all congregations are the same, and suggesting the different ways to work with different types of congregations. I still think at times his assessments and approaches are just a little too formulaic, but this remains one of the best resources available for the spiritual formation of congregations.
on November 5, 2001
This is a textbook for leaders in congregations who want to help individuals and the whole congregation grow spiritually. It comes out of my failure to impose trendy spiritual practices in the congregations I've served, and my experience in listening to what God is doing in the congregation as a whole, in individuals, and in me. The material has been used in congregations and with groups of clergy, so that it is all very practical. There are charts that help me get clear about relationships. I teach at several seminaries and do individual spiritual direction with pastors.
on July 3, 2013
This book was very resourceful for Capstone class and other related used. I would recommend this book to anyone; it's very good book.
on June 27, 2015
good
on June 27, 2009
I have noticed that the Alban Institute consistently puts out quality books...that's nice.

I recommend this book by Ackerman. It contains solid theology and resonates with experience in the field. Furthermore the writing is solid.