Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lite-On Super AllWrite 24X SATA DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Drive - Bulk - IHAS124-04 (Black)
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Size Name: Bare Drive|Change

on October 23, 2011
Please disregard the other reviews, they are for the outdated models. When you order this you will get the ihas 124b, not A or Y. I ordered one for myself my dad and a friend of mine bought one as well. They all work perfectly. Note, if your looking for smart erase, this drive doesn't have it. Also note, smart erase destroys your disc, it does not make it so you can rewrite data to the disc. If you werep looking at this but was turned away by the reviews, buy it.
1010 comments|73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 10, 2011
Works perfectly with the iXtreme Burner Max. I also received the IHAS 124B firmware version not A or Y as mentioned previously.
on November 27, 2011
Received an iHAS 124 B. It is the correct chipset to flash with iXtreme Burner MAX. Flashing went fine, no problems at all with drive.

The drive requires a power SATA and a data SATA cable to connect.
on November 15, 2011
This drive was a B revision manufactured in August 2011. After installing the Burner Max firmware this drive handled burning of XDG3 backup discs flawlessly. Highly recommended!
66 comments|55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 10, 2014
Title says it all. The drive itself works great, but I need a drive with the B firmware (which is what is advertised). Some older comments warn of receiving the wrong model, while the newer comments suggest this issue has been fixed: it hasn't.
on January 11, 2013
Good packaging so it arrived intact.

Used it to install Windows 7, and then burned a few CDs and DVDs.

Works great! Great price!

Note: This is a bare drive, meaning it doesn't come with any mounting hardware, cables or software. I was already aware of this before my purchase but I thought it was info worth repeating.
on January 21, 2013
I have a Dell Inspiron 531S whose DVD drive died. It just wouldn't read discs, and when I ran a test on the drive it failed the test. Rather than buy a more expensive external drive, and since I build computers, I decided to replace the internal DVD drive. Because I wasn't using the computer myself anymore but handing it down, I looked for the most economical drive on Amazon, and found this. It arrived in a regular Amazon box in foam padding; very well protected. I had to look up how to replace the drive in the computer because the design of the computer is not very intuitive (basically, you have to pop off the front strip of the computer after you've removed the sliding side, press the clip on the side of the drive and slide the drive out the front, but make sure you take the screws off the old unit and put them on this unit because they provide the stability for the drive). I put it in, the computer recognized it right away, and I was able to install MS Office on the computer with no problem. It's quite fast (no, I haven't done any speed tests yet), and does what it's supposed to do. Very inexpensive and very easy to install. Remember to keep your old cables as well because this item is only the drive with no cables or anything in the box. It's plug and play so it the Vista computer installed the necessary drivers. I didn't even need to go into the BIOS to make any changes, it was that simple. I highly recommend it!
on March 5, 2013
This is not a Version C. Its a version W. So keep that in mind. I did not get to use it since it was not compatible with my system. Once again it is not a Version C as of 3/5/2013. Amazon tried to find me a version C but I end up getting two W and returned it all.
on August 7, 2013
This drive is ridiculously loud, I'm surprised no one mentioned it. It does work fine, but the noise level is absurd. I have tried multiple disks (thinking the disk might be warped). I won't return it just for sound level because it'll rarely be used and it works fine, but wow...
on September 12, 2015
Saved my production. I was having problems with DVDs that were constantly defectives and was afraid to save my critical data on them. I tried several software and procedures to no avail. I finally replaced my aging CD/DVD drive and with the Nero 12 softwware, voila!!!! I have not had any problems in my DVD productions whatsoever...