5.0 out of 5 stars Good lamp
Ok. I looked up this lamp because I needed to get a new bulb for it and wanted to see the spec. Then I saw the 1-start review.

Published on July 16, 2012 by P. S. Brannan

1.0 out of 5 stars If you care more about style than light or quality
I looked for a long time for a new floor lamp that would permit me to point some light in different directions, particularly to read by. I thought this lamp was perfect. But not only is it incredibly cheaply made, you can barely see, much less read, by the light.

Three major problems:
1. The light is dim: If you look at the description, it says that there...
Published on October 17, 2011 by Buff Crone

1.0 out of 5 stars If you care more about style than light or quality, October 17, 2011
Buff Crone (Tucson, AZ United States) - See all my reviews

Three major problems:
1. The light is dim: If you look at the description, it says that there are 35 watt halogen bulbs x2. Since there are three different heads on this lamp, I assumed that meant that there were two bulbs in each head. That would have provided 70 watts of halogen light per head, or 210 for the entire lamp. That would have been sufficient. In fact, what it means is that the lamp ships with bulbs in place, plus two additional bulbs. So the total light from the lamp is only 105 watts of halogen light. Even with that, the light seems dimmer than it should. I don't know whether the bulbs are cheap or it's the frosted glass, but you can barely read by the entire lamp's light. There are two switch positions: dim, and dimmer. I'm replacing an ancient gooseneck floor lamp that holds 3 screw-in 50 watt halogen bulbs. But instead of 2/3 of the light of my old lamp, this seems more like 1/2.

2. The construction is cheap: I knew I wasn't getting a fine piece of furniture, but this is really junk. The switch only clicks when you go to the dim position; it just sort of slides into the bright position. I don't see this switch lasting for long. If this were the only problem, I would probably keep it, since I have it plugged into a switched outlet so I wouldn't need to use the switch to turn it on and off. But it also wobbles. I took the entire base apart, which is not required by the instructions, to tighten the screws but it's still not enough to keep it tight. I couldn't get the double-threaded male bolt that attaches the lamp to the base to thread more than three turns into the accompanying nut. So I had to take the thing apart, tighten the other end, and then put it back together and tighten the nut again. Again, if this were the only problem, I could get it tighter with washers. But the glass is cheap and I'm sure it will scratch easily (mine came scratched) and the lamp direction handles are covered with a very cheap dipped vinyl, I assume because they get hot. Anyway, the sum of these flaws is that it is a very stylish, very cheap lamp.

3. The packing is so cheap it arrives already scratched: one of the bulbs (which are shipped already in place) had come loose in shipping. Amazingly it lit when I plugged it back in, but it also put a deep scratch in the glass around it. Another piece of the glass was also scratched. The metal parts were fine, but the glass is already messed up enough that I would send it back just for this.

In sum, a nice idea very poorly executed. I'm sending mine back if I can figure out how to get it all back into the box and then get the box (which is big) to a shipper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good lamp, July 16, 2012
This review is from: Lite Source Accord Floor Lamp (Tools & Home Improvement)

This is a great lamp. There is nothing cheap about it. I've been using it for over a year. It is better suited to light an area than to use as a reading lamp. This should be obvious to anyone who actually looks at the lamp. I does what it is clearly designed to do very well. I have no issues with the switch being cheap or malfunctioning. It works perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Love It!, October 28, 2011
This review is from: Lite Source Accord Floor Lamp (Tools & Home Improvement)
I purchased a lamp exacty like this from a local store about 5 years ago. I used it in my office. A few months ago my husband decided the floor lamp in the mudroom outside his "newly remodeled mancave" was no longer suitable so I offered up my Accord Floor Lamp--of course he accepted. I have been searching all over for a second one for my office--imagine my surprise to find it on Amazon. I really love this lamp because it doesn't take up much space, it's a perfect height next to my desk, each lamp swivals and it has two levels of brightness. Plus it's sturdy enough to stand without toppling when the cat leaps across the room and hits it but it's light enough for me to pickup and move.I'm considering replacing the guest bedroom floor lamp with one of these.

Lite Source Accord Floor Lamp