Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback

on December 13, 2011
I ordered the mini-fridge for my office for days when I bring lunch from home. It is a great size and fit well on my desk. Unfortunately, after about 2 weeks, it stopped getting very cold. Then it stopped staying cold. After about 6 weeks, it stopped getting cold at all. Needless to say, I was not pleased. When I contacted the seller to return the item, I was told curtly that the warranty for this product is only 30 days, and I had not contacted Amazon until nearly 2 months (!!) after the purchase, so it could not accept the return. After I pressed the point, the seller not-so-subtly implied that I had broken the item, as these types of items typically last for years, and again that it could not accept the return. If you're looking for a mini-cooler that actually keeps things cold (or a seller that is interested in making customers happy), look for another product!
11 comment|101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 28, 2013
This product sounded great from its description. When I received it, however, there were a couple of things that weren't mentioned.
One is that they recommend that a drink (or whatever) should be cooled BEFORE it goes into the mini fridge. In other words, it will sort of keep something cold, but it will have to work hard (and possibly overheat) if it has to actually chill something. To me, this makes it just a fancy styrofoam cooler.
The other, more troublesome issue, is that the instructions say that it should not run more than two hours without being turned off to take a break. There's no indication that they're kidding. I assume the risk you take in not giving it a break, is that it will overheat. Not good.
I'm returning it.
on October 12, 2011
Had problems with the motor after moderate use for around 4 months. Contact with the vendor was very disappointing and will not use them again.
on November 9, 2012
I bought this mini refrigerator to keep our office medications in and the handle broke the second time we opened it. It is cute but a very poor design. Don't waste your money.
on November 15, 2010
Just right to help keep your drinks cold over short periods of time at your desk. It's still a fridge (of a different sort) so don't be unreasonable and expect it to not make any noise. Also keep in mind that the heat this removes from the inside compartment has to come right back out into your room. It would be perfect if the inside compartment were an inch taller, then it would accommodate most plastic bottles as well. You can usually fit one in there if you put it in diagonally, but it's just BARELY too short to slide in normally. Heartbreaking.
on March 6, 2010
This little fridge really surprised me with how good it works!The food is kept almost icy cold(not frozen)and it has just the right amount of storage for me.I can fit a couple of sandwiches,a container of milk and yogurt into it all at once.
I would have given it 5 stars except it is a little noisier than I thought it would be.I haven't tried the warming feature yet,but based on it's performance so far, I'm sure I won't be disappointed.
on July 4, 2010
This little refrigerator is excellent at keeping things very cold, but it is a bit noisy. Best used in places where noise will not be a factor.
on December 9, 2011
I gave this to my daughter as a present and she absolutely loves this minature version of a fridge. The only issue is that you have to put your stuff in your regular fridge before you decide to put into this portable fridge, or it won't get cold enough.

SC
on March 16, 2012
I have only used this 3 times in the past week, but it does what it is supposed to do. The add says it will heat to up to 150 degrees when stored at room temperature and it does not dissapoint. I make myself breakfast sandwiches for work but seldom eat them for at least 2 hours, so this keeps them at just the right temperature for when I am hungry, though it only reaches around 130 after 2 hours. I never just leave the thing on and only turn it on upon placing something inside because its heat is needed to jumpstart the heating process, otherwise if I put a room temerpature sandiwch in there it would take over 12 hours to heat up, and thats just because of the mechanism used to heat and cool stuff in here. I also own a larger fridge at home that works by this principle and it takes a full 2 days to get down to its target temeprature (a fridge with a compresor could do the same in 2 hours).

This works via the Thermoelectric Effect (check out its wikipedia page). This is a very efficient means of heating and cooling (minimal moving parts plus a fan to circulate air) but also takes longer to reach the target temprature, hence my suggestion of putting stuff in the fridge when already hot or cold to give it a boost. Its made pretty cheaply so peoples complaints about it failing are probably accurate, but if you only turn it on when you need it (and leave it off at all other times) then the cheap parts should last for many years... trust me, Im a physicist... well, I got a B.S. in physics with a 2.6 GPA, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Update May 2013: This thing is still working great. I use it 2-3 times per week as an oven and I have even used it a handful of times as a fridge.
on May 23, 2012
I bought this for my husband to use while deployed. It worked great for the whole year he had it! He left it behind for someone else to use. He always commented on how cold it kept everything. Obviously it's small, you can fit no more than a standard 6pk of soda, but it does have a little removable shelf if you want to cool/heat something other than pop. Both the wall plug and car adapter cords worked great, as well as both the heat and cool settings(I tested it before I sent it over).
He was in Iraq while using it and the tempature in his tent was usually around 80-90F and he said sometimes he'd even have a little frost in the fridge.
Do make sure to follow the directions and unplug it for a couple hours every 2 days. We had absolutely no problems with the product!