5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Patterns from some my favorite books!
Published on November 21, 2012 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Book
Published 19 months ago by Bonnie Brody

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Patterns from some my favorite books!, November 21, 2012
I have read every book that inspired the knits in this book. And they are great knits that I look forward to knitting. I have added the Tess Fingerless Gloves, Galadriel Hooded Dress (the tunic version), and Billy Pilgrim Socks to my "Gotta Knit" list. My daughter saw the Elizabeth Bennet Summer Blouse, and is currently looking for two yarn colors she likes so I can knit it for her. I cannot wait to get started!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, January 4, 2013
I'm updating my review as the author has gone out of her way to help me with the charts. She provides great tips and instructions; and all the patterns are gorgeous!

I purchased as a Kindle PC version. I cannot read any of the charts - so, I cannot knit them. I did email the author but have not yet received a reply. Very disappointed!!! But I've learned my lesson, if I want to knit I'd better buy the book

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Book, May 16, 2013
This review is from: Literary Knits: 30 Patterns Inspired by Favorite Books (Paperback)
I am quite disappointed by this book. Because of its title, and my love of literature, I expected that the patterns would be wonderful and unique. Unfortunately, that is not the case. Many look cumbersome, unattractive and don't seem to go with the piece of literature that they are meant to represent. For instance, the Meg Mittens don't look at all what I would imagine Meg to wear. The Elizabeth Bennet Summer Blouse looks ridiculous and more like something a floozy would wear. I have decided to return my book to Amazon as it will not add anything of substance to my knitting library.

4.0 out of 5 stars Literary Knits, November 30, 2012
Have just received this book and must say how impressed I am with the instructions and how clearly all the special techniques are shown. This is a real winner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful knits!, November 26, 2012
I just love Nikol's sense of style and this book is a treat for anyone who loves reading and knitting. Her patterns are clear and easy to follow and her choice of projects included ensures that there is something for every knitter. I couldn't wait to receive this book and now my only problem is deciding what to cast on first!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun book for bookworms who are learning to knit, December 17, 2012
This is a great resource book. It has lots of in-depth directions for special techniques, like the kitchener stitch, with good detail and illustrations. The tie-in with the books is fun. My only complaint is a few of the projects are not very attractive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, fun pattern book!, May 11, 2013
I have always found this designer's patterns really easy to follow and very wearable. This book is no exception. The information section in the beginning is the best I've ever read. It actually has really useful tips and info, not the same old "here's how you bind off stuff" that you already know. And the patterns are awesome. I want to make nearly everything. And even though the patterns are based on literary characters, they are all totally wearable in real life.

I would highly recommend this book to any knitter, you will love li!

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Combinations, December 19, 2012
This latest book by Nikole Lohr is a perfect mix of literary musings and well crafted and interesting knitting patterns. The author includes classic and modern literary samples as inspiration for the patterns, and clear photographs that illustrate the patterns. The writing is clear, informative and interesting, the patterns are stylish and very wearable. The collection will keep a knitter happily inspired for a very long time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Most excellent and interesting projects, February 19, 2014
This is one of those really outstanding books that gets little notice from the mainstream knitting community. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the focus on easy peasy beginner stuff and the fear that anything more complicated than a garter rectangle is going to scare people. The projects in this book are interesting and colorful, the literary references are smart and engaging, and every single piece is actually wearable. The projects targeting male persons are pieces the average guy would be happy with, most of the yarns called for are in the lace to DK range making the scale of the fabrics very wearable. These are not costume pieces - the one playful crown/bennie that has an obvious graphic element is reversible. The patterns are very well documented and an adventurous beginner knitter will find the information that is frequently left out of more advanced patterns. The selection of pattern includes patterns from the complex to beautifully designed simple shapes.

I love this book - I would recommend this book to people who are past the beginner stage and want to develop their skills. The book presents a range of techniques and some of the most beautiful simple lace shawls I have seen. (the Meme and Emma Shawls). Even if you never intend to knit most of the projects the construction and details are worth the price of the book.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nothing special, January 22, 2013
These patterns are boring and unattractive, anything here could be found elsewhere, just different colors, it's a shame that we are lured in by the title and our love of great stories. No wonder we couldn't get a view of what was inside before we bought it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Literary Knits: 30 Patterns Inspired by Favorite Books
Literary Knits: 30 Patterns Inspired by Favorite Books by Nikol Lohr (Paperback - November 1, 2012)
$22.99 $18.65