5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent choice for introductory literature classes!
I am a part-time ("adjunct") professor at a California community college, and I switched from using another LARGE literature anthology to this one for English 1-B for the following reasons:
Published on November 11, 2010 by David Fortnight

3.0 out of 5 stars good
awesome!!! normal delivery. I like so much.
much better than my expectations
very useful, helpful.
I can recommend this book to my friends
Published 9 months ago by Young Sang Song

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent choice for introductory literature classes!, November 11, 2010
This review is from: Literature and Its Writers: A Compact Introduction to Fiction, Poetry, and Drama (Paperback)
1) Very good selection of readings, including a smattering of very contemporary authors like Edwidge Danticat and Sherman Alexie, a section on "small press" poetry and poets, and so on.
2) I found on opening the book the first time that for Faulkner's story, "A Rose for Emily," there is an excerpt of an interview with Faulkner where he recalls what image (in his mind) inspired him to write this story--very informative, good supplement to the story, and a more personal artistic element that I haven't found in other anthologies.
3) The price is high--but not as high as some other anthologies, at least for the paperback edition. I try to give my students SOME break in the governmental and corporate campaign to bankrupt them (seemingly) by the time they are educated!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Coffee Table Book, June 26, 2014
Bought used for about $8 shipped, there is so much bang for the buck here. Leave it by your favorite seating place like I do and every time you pick it up you'll find something new to read. Or something good to read again. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars CHEAP., April 21, 2014
I bought this for my 2nd year college english class and for only 2 dollars ! What a steal. People bought the new edition for around 70$ while i only spent like 6 in total, with shipping. This book has almost all the stories your professor will assign you. Don't buy a new one, get this one and save money. If you're missing like 2-3 stories from your syllabus, all the stories are well known and you can easily find them online.

4.0 out of 5 stars A textbook purchase, March 20, 2014
Purchased as a textbook for a course my wife took in college. Good quality book and it shipped fast, but it's a textbook so of course the price was elevated.

3.0 out of 5 stars good, October 21, 2013
awesome!!! normal delivery. I like so much.
much better than my expectations
very useful, helpful.
I can recommend this book to my friends

4.0 out of 5 stars Literature textbook, October 9, 2013
SisterSue (Englewood, CO) - See all my reviews
The price was excellent for this textbook. It came quickly, was packaged well, and in good shape - especially for a used paperback book. I'm glad I found this copy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sucks, October 2, 2013
Never revived book a complete waste of time. And I better get my money back. Waited three weeks for something and never got it

4.0 out of 5 stars Was fine, February 10, 2013
It was what it was advertised and was shipped quick. It came in on time and is worth what I paid for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Read, January 15, 2013
Writing is sometimes easy to read.
Would recommend this to any literature student.
I do like and enjoy this reading so far.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 20, 2014
Came on time and the book was neat

Used & New from: $2.49